Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    Hopefully classic armory pages are modernized to vet people before raiding with them if there's no achieves. Why take a noob who hasn't cleared over a veteran with a few kills. Am I right? Modern armory pages show kill counts aswell.
    Best way ever to keep dwindling the raiding pool

But please, just keep proving my point, saves me typing all of it

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Best way ever to keep dwindling the raiding pool

But please, just keep proving my point, saves me typing all of it
    It's going to be far from a vanilla experience is my point.

Deleted
    Do you think it's likely there will be that many players pugging raids months into classic? Im not even sure im hyped about it. If I could play the game the day they announced it then I'd be hyped but the hype has kind of died.
    I honestly have no idea, and obviously nobody knows. This is just my guess about how things work out. IF there is an active Classic community I expect it to gravitate towards this (much to the chagrin of the minority of vanilla WoW Amish who ofc will see it as an abomination).

15+ Year Old Account
    Problem is what has the achievement system actualy added to wow? nothing and i dont see blizzard rework the achievement system to make it fit with everything vanilla has to offer

I already see one horrible thing happening "LFG MC show me AOTC ZG".
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Vanilla means vanilla. No achievements. There'd be too much outrage.

That and the fact that it'd be stupid anyway. Ahead of the curves in general need removing from retail, not adding elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Then you literally do not need it.
    Achievements are an easy way to ensure that the people you're recruiting aren't lying that they cleared BWL. There is no reason not to implement them.

Stop being a stubborn purist. Do you want C'thun to be bugged at launch too?

Is this a troll thread? No achivements.
    #NoChanges

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Achievements are an easy way to ensure that the people you're recruiting aren't lying that they cleared BWL. There is no reason not to implement them.

Are you fucking serious or just trolling? This is the most stupid shit i've read so far since the announcement. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're trolling, right? There won't be achievements in Classic.

The achievement system is awful and encourages awful behaviour.

No achievements weren't in vanilla but maybe for classic they'll add some neat ones

- - - Updated - - -

What item level do you think would be on naxx gear XD
    These types of questions are exactly why retailers shouldn't be allowed in Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

C'thun wasn't bugged at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    Vaelastrazs was easier than a modern day LFR boss. People struggled because of threat issues and the fact that it was hard to have 4 or 5 tanks use their brains. And if Flamegor was a cockblock, your raid team was just incompetent.

Again, people need to get it through their thick skulls - in terms of difficulty, Vanilla raiding is an absolute joke compared to today. LFR Kil'Jaeden is harder than any boss in MC or BWL, and probably any boss in AQ40 aside from C'thun.
    Says the person who joined WoW 1 year ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but why would you wanna skip anything and rush straight for Naxx?

Also classic didn't have any achievements so why add them? So people can "LFM MC link curve"? That isn't going to work.

Also to all the people claiming classic raiding was a "joke", you clearly wern't there at the time, so stfu.

You had a way to show that you are a ZG veteran (rofl) you were ZG rep gear and trinkets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    These types of questions are exactly why retailers shouldn't be allowed in Classic.
    Why wouldn't you want any merchants in classic? You know how hard the game is without any vendors?

Vanilla didn't even have achievements let alone AoC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I've heard talk of molten core and blacwing lair or maybe onixia becoming easier once you have access to ZG gear. So I'm thinking if they release the patches in order and ZG isn't out as soon as classic releases.. they should also add an ahead of the curve molten core achievement for completing the raid before ZG comes out.
    There are no achievements, it's vanilla.

Yaderp.

They should add nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

No achievements weren't in vanilla but maybe for classic they'll add some neat ones

They said it was going to be vanilla, so no achievements.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla didn't have achievements so it's safe to say the system won't be implemented to preserve the idea of Vanilla. Quite frankly, all these "extras" people are suggesting kinda goes against the original idea of Vanilla in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You're a troll right? Anyone know if he's a troll? I think he's a troll.

Achievements are NOT fun and doesn't give most people goals in the game unless they're mouth-breathing basement dwellers. Back in the day if you wanted to prove to someone you had ran a raid, you had them inspect your gear to show you had gear from that place. Not only did that help people see that indeed you had ran it but showed you were probably geared enough to actually help the raid down bosses. Now people pay gold or real money to get achievements so they can link to "prove" they are good players but when you get them to something & find out they are complete idiots, you've wasted your time, wasted the raids time, and now you're locked to a raid that you won't be completing simply because you're "good" and bought your achievement.
    Just having gear from a raid didn't ever mean you were competent back then. Even the dozen or so complete carries that were mouth breathing window lickers who ate lead paint as children got gear from the raids just for having a pulse and showing up, this is still the equivalent of buying your achievement without actually having an achievement. People also paid gold and real money back then for carries through certain raids; I know this because I was part of the carry group that sold ZG and MC runs during Vanilla.

This has always been a problem in the game all the way from Vanilla players buying runs through UBRS/Strat/Scholo for certain things all the way up to MC/ZG carries for in game gold (which was more than likely purchased from gold sellers as was commonly done back then) which would in turn help pay for repairs for progression raids back in the times when tanks needed a lot of gold to repair because your armor type determined the cost of your repairs. It's nothing new and it'll exist on Classic realms too, so there's really no difference. Just because YOU do not enjoy seeing achievements pop up doesn't mean there shouldn't be any form of them in the game.

Do I want an achievement for every little thing? Hell no. But for important things like exalted reputations (because you can't link your reputation) or raid clearing, there's no reason why there shouldn't be a very simplified version of them because just linking your T2 pants that you got because nobody else needed them while you spent 2 hours basically AFK isn't much better than an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Sorry but why would you wanna skip anything and rush straight for Naxx?

Also classic didn't have any achievements so why add them? So people can "LFM MC link curve"? That isn't going to work.

Also to all the people claiming classic raiding was a "joke", you clearly wern't there at the time, so stfu.
    Classic raiding was a joke and I was indeed there. Most bosses are tank and spank with some dispelling. The only part that wasn't a joke was trying to get 40 people to attend regularly.