10+ Year Old Account

What are PvP ilevels currently based on?

Hi all,

I just won a battleground and had a season 6 item Titanforge with ilvl 885. I have a season 4 item that is ilvl 900 (warforged). How does that work? This is by no means a complain thred, I'm just trying to look for an answer.

Thanks
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    Hi all,

I just won a battleground and had a season 6 item Titanforge with ilvl 885. I have a season 4 item that is ilvl 900 (warforged). How does that work? This is by no means a complain thred, I'm just trying to look for an answer.

Thanks
    The lowest stuff you get from random bg's still 870. Hence 885 is a titanforge.

...and all items below ilvl 900 do not matter in instanced PvP, as the item level is lifted to ilvl 900 anyway when entering instanced PvP? Not sure about this...

The whole PvP ruleset is such a complete mess, with templates, dampening, instanced vs non instanced PvP and probably loads of other inconsistent shit (Artifacts, Trinkets, individual spell modifications ... ??).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    ...and all items below ilvl 900 do not matter in instanced PvP, as the item level is lifted to ilvl 900 anyway when entering instanced PvP? Not sure about this...

The whole PvP ruleset is such a complete mess, with templates, dampening, instanced vs non instanced PvP and probably loads of other inconsistent shit (Artifacts, Trinkets, individual spell modifications ... ??).
    Also dampening vs no dampening in BGs (which makes healers disproportionately stronger because they rarely go oom). PvP is such a clusterfuck right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post

No, your iLevel still matters - a lot.

The Template calculates your stats as if you were iLevel 900, then Template adjustments are factored in (so when you see “Agility is X%”, that calculation is done here), and THEN your iLevel-based percentage bonus to all stats is factored in, calculated as 1% per 10 iLevels, starting from 800. So, if you are iLevel 940, you have a 14% stat bonus, applied after the template is applied.

And yes, PvP is fubar in the extreme. Nothing is documented in game, tooltips dont convey correct info, theres a ton of contradictory and unintuitive info. Its a total shitshow.

Which is why the ladder imploded and even casual PvP participation has collapsed.

It does kinda seem crazy that the way ilvl, templates, items and artifact powers work in instanced pvp is not documented in one place by blizzard. Kagthul's explanation is the closest to accurate i've seen, but i've not seen any confirmation from blizzard of this.

It is worth noting Artifact power is no longer capped in pvp and it appears, that the abilities might or might not work (blizzard said before they came out they would not), but its hard to tell.

Edit : i miss the old days where when a new season came out it was clearly stated what ilvl rewards you could expect and what and how the gear system would work that season, and is it me or did they not even bother to guess the cut offs this season.
    Last edited by ilik2345; 2017-12-04 at 10:51 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Season 5 used to be 870 combatant 890 gladiator 905 echoes vendor. And that's the unranked stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire way of obtaining PvP gear is just really stupid nowadays.

i really wish they would just bring back old honor and conquest pvp vendors, pvp is so boring and stale nowadays.

they wouldn't have to worry about world pvp since it would be automatically balanced by resilience or pvp power, preventing people from using op pve gear and oneshotting each other

and people would still have a chance to use their pve gear if they want to be a glass cannon

-,-
    Last edited by Blezius; 2017-12-04 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Getting gear from pvp has become irrelevant from today, the base from last season has increased by +10 while mythic+ and raids has risen by 30+.

This means that you have to have the highest possible rating from pvp (gladiator/rank1) to get 1 weekly item same itemlevel as a random myt+ item.

Enjoy legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    No, your iLevel still matters - a lot.

The Template calculates your stats as if you were iLevel 900, then Template adjustments are factored in (so when you see “Agility is X%”, that calculation is done here), and THEN your iLevel-based percentage bonus to all stats is factored in, calculated as 1% per 10 iLevels, starting from 800. So, if you are iLevel 940, you have a 14% stat bonus, applied after the template is applied.

And yes, PvP is fubar in the extreme. Nothing is documented in game, tooltips dont convey correct info, theres a ton of contradictory and unintuitive info. Its a total shitshow.

Which is why the ladder imploded and even casual PvP participation has collapsed.
    This is correct. It is absolutely ridiculous they dont just put this kind of information somewhere in the game or on the website. For anyone to find this on their own they have to go through a fuckton of blue posts to figure it all out. Their excuse being "addons will do this for you" WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    Getting gear from pvp has become irrelevant from today, the base from last season has increased by +10 while mythic+ and raids has risen by 30+.

This means that you have to have the highest possible rating from pvp (gladiator/rank1) to get 1 weekly item same itemlevel as a random myt+ item.

Enjoy legion.
    not glad/rank 1, just 2.4. Which is still insane btw. 2k was 930 (same as mythic ToS) 2.2 was +5ilvls on mythic, with 2.4 actually being +10ilvls on it at 940 base.

The entire system is stupid. I had a Season 2 Titanforged Trinket 885 ilevel and even the current PVP gear that drops this season isn't higher than that.

Worse, "gladiator gear" that drops in arena and BGs is 900 ilevel (if you are super lucky) when you could purchase 895 gladiator gear? with echoes six months ago....lololol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    It does kinda seem crazy that the way ilvl, templates, items and artifact powers work in instanced pvp is not documented in one place by blizzard. Kagthul's explanation is the closest to accurate i've seen, but i've not seen any confirmation from blizzard of this.

It is worth noting Artifact power is no longer capped in pvp and it appears, that the abilities might or might not work (blizzard said before they came out they would not), but its hard to tell.

Edit : i miss the old days where when a new season came out it was clearly stated what ilvl rewards you could expect and what and how the gear system would work that season, and is it me or did they not even bother to guess the cut offs this season.
    Template adjustments were stickied on the forum but they did not update and then they outright removed. Blizz thinks hiding how systems and numbers work will allow players to just play the game and ignore how their class works. How your class works and what numbers you have to work with is a big part of MMORPG play and talent selection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    This is correct. It is absolutely ridiculous they dont just put this kind of information somewhere in the game or on the website. For anyone to find this on their own they have to go through a fuckton of blue posts to figure it all out. Their excuse being "addons will do this for you" WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

not glad/rank 1, just 2.4. Which is still insane btw. 2k was 930 (same as mythic ToS) 2.2 was +5ilvls on mythic, with 2.4 actually being +10ilvls on it at 940 base.
    Most rank 1 players or high glad players at are 2.4k ish right now since mmr got "reset".

End boss mythic dropped 940 base which is the same as 1 piece if you had the possible highest rating possible seems pretty fair to me, especially if you look at % of players who achived either.

Right now the highest possible base from PvE is what 970? Which is currently 20 higher than the highest from pvp, you just aren't gonna compete with any PvE content gear wise untill next season.

Hm, not sure about your parity of percentages.

I've no idea about arena, but i can tell you the number of players in RBG's that last season got 2.4k was under 50, are you trying to say that a similar number was raiding mythic tos?