Velen's Trinket Tips

Hey Guys,

So I just FINALLY managed to get Velen's Future Sight, and I know it's still supposed to be our BiS trinket. Since I'm late to the game, I was hoping to get some tips on how to maximize it's effectiveness, and when to pop it to get the most throughput. I mean the obvious times seems to be when you are going to pop Divine Hymn, and any time you know there will be some PoH spam coming. I tried it on a couple of bosses in Antorus, but it seems like I got less throughput from Velen's than I do using the Seastar / Grand Design combo.

I'm basically having a hard time justifying the legendary slot over my Prydaz unless I can figure out a way to make Velen's more productive. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

I have it macroed to DH, and additionally pop it any time you'll PoH spam lots of low people, where the health pool % is a little all over the place--think where you'd use a Spirit Link.

You shouldn't worry too much about throughput when using Velen. It's there to save your raid when the big raid damage comes and where your heal actually matters.

However, if it's just throughput you worry about, then just use it on cooldown, macro it to your PoH, unless you know a big damage source is coming in less than 15secs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evansenter View Post
    I have it macroed to DH
    so you don't have velens up for the holy word you use before hymn

i wouldn't worry too much about how velens looks on healing meters while it may look lower than those other 2 trinkets remember when its popped its also buffing ALL healing you do by 15% and its only redistributed due to over heals that shows up on healing meters

Quote Originally Posted by evansenter View Post
    I have it macroed to DH, and additionally pop it any time you'll PoH spam lots of low people, where the health pool % is a little all over the place--think where you'd use a Spirit Link.
    Depending on your healing comp, it could be a waste to Velens + DH. I run with 3 insanely good healers, and it's rare to get full use of DH. It's just better to split them and have 2 moderate CD + 1 big CD, rather than 1 gigantic CD every 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    so you don't have velens up for the holy word you use before hymn
    thats a waste. Save it for the duration of the hymn

Deleted
    excuse me, what?