Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    More like:
    1.Classic servers launch
    2.They are plagued by bots/goldsellers and blizzard doesn't do anything
    3.Game loses a lot of players because of 2.

While i really want classic servers to succeed i'm afraid they will be destroyed by todays agressive chinese botters/goldsellers like most new mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Lol. Gear in Classic matters a lot more than it does in current WoW. At the very least you have bosses whose mechanics boil down to "Do you have the resist gear or not.". Then you also have rogues and warriors who scale INSANELY well with gear almost to the point where a geared warrior could charge and global you.
    Blah-blah-blah.

Gear matters as much as ever, hint: You won't down content without it. Just look at the amount of min-maxing and theorycrafting and simming that goes into gear these days and try to say "Lul it mattered more to raiders in Classic coz resistances!!"...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-12-03 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Blah-blah-blah.

Gear matters as much as ever, hint: You won't down content without it.
    "I am an idiot XD"
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

I really doubt people will be clearing naxx in 9 months. It would take nearly that long to gear a virgin raid in MC.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That's so far-fetched it's hilarious.

Classic will settle for steady, dedicated tens of thousands of players, for a very healthy server for a full cycle, which i expect to last between 2-3 years. After that, say, 3 year mark, interest will fade a bit since it was a complete cycle, and they will either start a new cycle (think Path of Exile league, think Diablo 'season, think 'cycle') if interest is high or do something crazy like convert to TBC.
    Sounds closer. It will probably be a great pressure release valve for the community too for people that just don't like what the game has become.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

"I am an idiot XD"
    Um, not sure why you feel the need to insult yourself, but each to his own I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Here is what I think will happen:
    A solid 6/10, would laugh again.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I really doubt people will be clearing naxx in 9 months. It would take nearly that long to gear a virgin raid in MC.

If the server launches with Naxx 40 open, it'll be cleared well within the 9-month mark. The amount of seasoned players knowing Classic in-and-out and speeding towards max level and gearing is not to be taken lightly.

It'll be especially funny if Method decides to gun for the "World first Legacy kill" of each Classic end raid boss.

Um, not sure why you feel the need to insult yourself, but each to his own I suppose?
    You are the one making baseless statements.

You are the one making baseless statements.
    Not really, no.

But you keep on doing you, if you want to call yourself "Idiot" and believe that gear somehow doesn't matter to players as much these days, if not more given the balancing, titanforging etc etc, then that's your right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Here is what I think will happen:

1. WoW Classic is released.
    2. Players OVERWHELM the WoW Classic server. There is far MORE interest in WoW Classic than they anticipated. The initial Classic playerbase is something like 65% of the retail playerbase.
    3. The zones are congested and packed. It becomes difficult to level simply because you wind up with a queue to kill certain quest mobs.
    4. The people who vault ahead of the pack are those who ignore pretty much all quests from 1-25 and just grind. They hit 25+ ahead of everyone else and then get places like Arathi Highlands or Thousand Needles to themselves, which means they can now quest and pull ahead even FASTER.
    5. Blizzard decides to take no action regarding congested zones, adopting a policy that "the people wanted a vanilla experience and this is part of it."
    6. The Classic playerbase drops as people quit because they won't tolerate congested early zones. However, this is balanced by some people quitting WoW altogether, even retail. So the playerbase drops to something like 50% of retail.
    7. After a couple months, WoW Classic begins to settle in. Players adopt a policy of switching to Classic every time there is a content drought in retail.
    8. Every time there is a retail content drought, people play Classic and realize that, for some reason, its just more FUN and INTERESTING. They have a reputation in the Classic community to defend and protect. They MATTER. The gear and accomplishments seem to MATTER in a way it does not on retail.
    9. With every content drought in retail, Classic actually converts people to exclusive Classic players.
    10. 6 months after launch, the Classic population is about 75% the size of the retail population.
    11. 9 months to a year after launch the Classic population is roughly the same size as retail.
    12. People begin to regularly clear Naxxramas by now, with the PvE content complete, people quit WoW Classic. But thee people also feel retail is somehow inferior and do not return to retail.
    13. The WoW Classic population hovers around 80%-90% the size of the retail population.
    14. At this point, with the PvE content complete, the WoW Classic server begins a permanent transition into a PvP server. WoW classic becomes exclusively the place to grind rank 14, or play Arathi Basin, WSG, or especially old Alterac Valley all day.
    Maybe get a blog somewhere m8

Not really, no.

But you keep on doing you, if you want to call yourself "Idiot" and believe that gear somehow doesn't matter to players as much these days, if not more given the balancing, titanforging etc etc, then that's your right.
    A simple view of the specs and how they react to certain items (never mind that certain classes NEED certain profession to provide them with things gap-closers) is enough to show you how much gear matters in Vanilla. I am not going to go into tanking because that's another can of worms. Never mind that certain specs are trash until they are gear-capped. Gear in Vanilla is absolutely everything.

In current WoW I can go in and kill a mythic boss with just the gear I have. In Vanilla if I lack some dumb item like the Onyxia Hide cloak or whatever I will wipe. Cretin.

If the server launches with Naxx 40 open, it'll be cleared well within the 9-month mark. The amount of seasoned players knowing Classic in-and-out and speeding towards max level and gearing is not to be taken lightly.

It'll be especially funny if Method decides to gun for the "World first Legacy kill" of each Classic end raid boss.
    When I said 9-12 months for Naxx, I meant the general public having it on farm. World First kill will be sooner.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I don't think anything else this year will make me laugh so hard.

A simple view of the specs and how they react to certain items (never mind that certain classes NEED certain profession to provide them with things gap-closers) is enough to show you how much gear matters in Vanilla. I am not going to go into tanking because that's another can of worms. Never mind that certain specs are trash until they are gear-capped. Gear in Vanilla is absolutely everything.

In current WoW I can go in and kill a mythic boss with just the gear I have. In Vanilla if I lack some dumb item like the Onyxia Hide cloak or whatever I will wipe. Cretin.
    Of course you can go in and kill a Mythic boss with the gear you have, either through getting it via progressing the raids and getting appropriate gear, or by purchasing a boost run.

Gear these days might not make a bad player good like it could back in Classic, but it matters as much as ever for the content. The fact that you can't present your wrongful point without resorting to petty insults, says it all. Even the very best players of the game, can't go in and kill Mythic bosses without getting the appropriate gear.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-12-03 at 09:33 PM.

I'd like to go on record guessing that 65% of warrior players quit before level 30

10+ Year Old Account
    lol questing in low areas being congested. i will be farming boars. *live to win, till you diiiiiie*

Of course you can go in and kill a Mythic boss with the gear you have, either through getting it via progressing the raids and getting appropriate gear, or by purchasing a boost run.

Gear these days might not make a bad player good like it could back in Classic
    , but it matters as much as ever for the content. The fact that you can't present your wrongful point without resorting to petty insults, says it all. Even the very best players of the game, can't go in and kill Mythic bosses without getting the appropriate gear.
    I am glad you are agreeing with me

You are, however, missing the point entirely - gear either gave your classes abilities which they didn't have which were vital for PvP (engineering) or it was one of the boss' mechanics. You either had the cloak or you died. You either had resist gear or you died. You couldn't chain deffensives or dodge - you just died because you didn't have some obscure item or you didn't have a leatherworker who had the skinning knife from UBRS and an glove enchant.

Nowadays gear is a tool, not a mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I'd like to go on record guessing that 65% of warrior players quit before level 30

Players be like, "WTF do you mean I have to quest to get mah fury stance!? I need to buy RANKS in skills??? This is BS!".

Likewise for rogues when they find out about having to quest to get the poison skill, farming mats, and not getting a max rank in eviscerate until they get a high level dungeon drop. >.<
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    Players be like, "WTF do you mean I have to quest to get mah fury stance!? I need to buy RANKS in skills??? This is BS!".

Likewise for rogues when they find out about having to quest to get the poison skill, farming mats, and not getting a max rank in eviscerate until they get a high level dungeon drop. >.<
    Warriors running away from 2 centaurs and a hyena in the Barrens going like "WTF IS THIS, I CAN'T KILL THEM! Shit game!"

If the past history of Classic projections is accurate, then Classic will be an overwhelming success because the naysayers of the past were not just wrong, they were totally wrong. The pessimists got completely demolished about the fact that Blizz, would never create Classic servers. I could dig up thousands posts that were wrong, of course there is the possibility that Classic will just be as expected with a couple hundred thousand players but I suppose even we, the optimists, have no idea how big the surge will be.