Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Thread: add karazhan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drori8 View Post
    actually, karazhan was supposed to be part of vanilla as you can see staff of atiesh could portal you there. why would they make a staff port you to an unopen dung? coz originally it was supposed to be part of vanilla but delayed to TBC. go watch some youtube videos. HFP in outland is part of vanilla, emerald dream is part of vanilla, grim batol, mount hyjal. even one of the questions of them on one of blizzard polls was "how would you like to see scrapped content that was supposed to be part of the game added in classic". so no dont give me BS about its not part of vanilla, if you want to get with me in the little things, then yes, it wasnt OPEN in vanilla but i can argue that zone files were there and people could visit there (through exploits ofc) so yea its part of vanilla.
    Yes, Karazhan should have been right after the naxx originally in vanilla, dunno why they were in hurry to launch TBC actually while Karazhan as the last raid would make sense. Also there was a good story line with corrupted ashbringer that would transform to legendary ashbringer, but scraped it as well because of TBC.

Actually it sounds like a pretty good idea, I can actually see them going this way after Vanilla become stale and people get bored of it. Kara still has a very strong Vanillish vibe to it, so thematically it would fit perfectly, but of course would require work to make a fitting attunement, scaling the bosses etc. but I'm sure Blizz could handle that.

Kara might have been in vanilla but the raid wasnt.

Still would love to see the old Kara model again in vanilla :P

Quote Originally Posted by drori8 View Post
    actually, karazhan was supposed to be part of vanilla as you can see staff of atiesh could portal you there. why would they make a staff port you to an unopen dung? coz originally it was supposed to be part of vanilla but delayed to TBC. go watch some youtube videos. HFP in outland is part of vanilla, emerald dream is part of vanilla, grim batol, mount hyjal. even one of the questions of them on one of blizzard polls was "how would you like to see scrapped content that was supposed to be part of the game added in classic". so no dont give me BS about its not part of vanilla, if you want to get with me in the little things, then yes, it wasnt OPEN in vanilla but i can argue that zone files were there and people could visit there (through exploits ofc) so yea its part of vanilla.
    If they added this scrapped content after a while it might keep things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    KZ wasn't in vanilla, and vanilla was what you wanted, so...no.
    Times change.. now we want cookies n cream

It wasnt in classic, maybe suggest they create some TBC servers?

Shit I think they should make classic and all ex-pac servers. that way everyone could go play the version of wow they want.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

there were so many amazing things that supposed to be in vanilla but werent. emerald dream was in game file and looked amazing while they scrapped it only to put it again in legion as a miserable raid. it could be a new zone/continent/xpac

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Wrong expansion entirely buddy. Also, at least put some effort into the bait, holy hell.
    Why bait? It's completely possible to do it. Are all 'purists' that much close minded?
    "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man loses his nerves"

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why bait? It's completely possible to do it. Are all 'purists' that much close minded?
    It's also possible to add Deathwing to vanilla but it's not going to be vanilla anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    Why not add karazhan? It's in the old world, and they would just have to scale it to 60. It could be post nax content
    If I had a condescending smileyface, this would be where it is.

Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    but it was a BC raid, so it wouldn't be 'classic'
    Fuck Classic then.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

For Azeroth!
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Add 1 different thing and everyone will want their own special additions.

Player A wants Horde paladins.
    Player B wants Dungeon finder.
    Player C wants Raid finder.
    Player D wants Flying.
    Player E wants Illidan.
    Player F wants ...

and so forth.

Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    It's also possible to add Deathwing to vanilla but it's not going to be vanilla anymore.
    They could bug fix vanilla or relaunch vanilla in 2018 and it still isn't going to be vanilla anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Acting like Blizzard won't change 1 thing is asinine and pathetic.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

For Azeroth!
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Acting like Blizzard won't change 1 thing is asinine and pathetic.
    Bug fixing is completely different then adding entirely non-vanilla content and races/classes/group finders etc.

I said "add" , not change.

Why not add karazhan? It's in the old world, and they would just have to scale it to 60. It could be post nax content
    honestly i think they should add pandaren, and enable them to be both paladins and shaman in order to balance the factions. just change a little lore and boom
    Jesus wept. This is either a poor troll or... well, it's gotta be a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    Times change.. now we want cookies n cream
    So, you likely never actually wanted Classic servers then? Shame.
    Sometimes updated...

Lets ignore the whole, it was supposed to be in vanilla but released in tbc for a moment.

I think releasing it for vanilla depends on one of two factors

1) Post nax are we getting TBC servers? IF so then no keep karazhan where it is
    2) Post nax are we going to get additional content opposed to progression into TBC. IF that's the case, then sure why not.

I'd imagine blizzard have a plan of some sort for classic servers post nax, I can't see them hiring a whole new development team for the sake of a couple of years then being done with it. Sure we could have a year or two of support as well, but I don't know, I just don't see it being a one shot.

Ironically, Kara was likely supposed to be a 5th raid for vanilla. Instead, tbc was rushed out for no patch 1.13. What a shake up or would be if blizzard openly admitted the. Would really turn the "IT'S NOT IN CLASSIC" thing on it's head.
    Co-Owner of ONELegionTV - Guides, Tanking, Blood DK Soloing Mythic+ and other discussions about all things in WoW: Legion
    ONElegionTV
    Co-Owner of TubeistTV - Offering Free Youtube Consultation from Youtube Certified 12+ Years of Combined Knowledge
    TubeistTV

It is a wild guess, but I think Kharazan might have been originally planned for Classic at one point.
    Since it was located in EK and that Atiesh staves port you there.

If its a progession server (that is everything isnt out on day1) then sure, Karazan released as a 20 or 40man raid 6months post naxx sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

Player A wants Horde paladins.
    Player B wants Dungeon finder.
    Player C wants Raid finder.
    Player D wants Flying.
    Player E wants Illidan.
    Player F wants ...

and so forth.
    We know it won't come to that. Adding a dungeon is a matter of tuning with current active class talents and spells. If it can't be tuned to "desired levels", it won't be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    It's also possible that I can be astronaut but I am not.
    "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man loses his nerves"