Thread: add karazhan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drori8 View Post
    actually, karazhan was supposed to be part of vanilla as you can see staff of atiesh could portal you there. why would they make a staff port you to an unopen dung? coz originally it was supposed to be part of vanilla but delayed to TBC. go watch some youtube videos. HFP in outland is part of vanilla, emerald dream is part of vanilla, grim batol, mount hyjal. even one of the questions of them on one of blizzard polls was "how would you like to see scrapped content that was supposed to be part of the game added in classic". so no dont give me BS about its not part of vanilla, if you want to get with me in the little things, then yes, it wasnt OPEN in vanilla but i can argue that zone files were there and people could visit there (through exploits ofc) so yea its part of vanilla.
    If they added this scrapped content after a while it might keep things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    KZ wasn't in vanilla, and vanilla was what you wanted, so...no.
    Times change.. now we want cookies n cream

It wasnt in classic, maybe suggest they create some TBC servers?

Shit I think they should make classic and all ex-pac servers. that way everyone could go play the version of wow they want.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

there were so many amazing things that supposed to be in vanilla but werent. emerald dream was in game file and looked amazing while they scrapped it only to put it again in legion as a miserable raid. it could be a new zone/continent/xpac

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why bait? It's completely possible to do it. Are all 'purists' that much close minded?
    It's also possible to add Deathwing to vanilla but it's not going to be vanilla anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    Why not add karazhan? It's in the old world, and they would just have to scale it to 60. It could be post nax content
    If I had a condescending smileyface, this would be where it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    but it was a BC raid, so it wouldn't be 'classic'
    Fuck Classic then.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why bait? It's completely possible to do it. Are all 'purists' that much close minded?
    Add 1 different thing and everyone will want their own special additions.

Player A wants Horde paladins.
    Player B wants Dungeon finder.
    Player C wants Raid finder.
    Player D wants Flying.
    Player E wants Illidan.
    Player F wants ...

and so forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    It's also possible to add Deathwing to vanilla but it's not going to be vanilla anymore.
    They could bug fix vanilla or relaunch vanilla in 2018 and it still isn't going to be vanilla anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Add 1 different thing and everyone will want their own special additions.
    Acting like Blizzard won't change 1 thing is asinine and pathetic.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Acting like Blizzard won't change 1 thing is asinine and pathetic.
    Bug fixing is completely different then adding entirely non-vanilla content and races/classes/group finders etc.

I said "add" , not change.

Lets ignore the whole, it was supposed to be in vanilla but released in tbc for a moment.

I think releasing it for vanilla depends on one of two factors

1) Post nax are we getting TBC servers? IF so then no keep karazhan where it is
    2) Post nax are we going to get additional content opposed to progression into TBC. IF that's the case, then sure why not.

I'd imagine blizzard have a plan of some sort for classic servers post nax, I can't see them hiring a whole new development team for the sake of a couple of years then being done with it. Sure we could have a year or two of support as well, but I don't know, I just don't see it being a one shot.

Ironically, Kara was likely supposed to be a 5th raid for vanilla. Instead, tbc was rushed out for no patch 1.13. What a shake up or would be if blizzard openly admitted the. Would really turn the "IT'S NOT IN CLASSIC" thing on it's head.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It is a wild guess, but I think Kharazan might have been originally planned for Classic at one point.
    Since it was located in EK and that Atiesh staves port you there.

If its a progession server (that is everything isnt out on day1) then sure, Karazan released as a 20 or 40man raid 6months post naxx sounds like a great idea.

Scale down Black Temple and add it too init

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    part of classic's thing was attunements. Kara had an attunement, that requires BC dungeons. This thus wouldnt work unless you remove attunements and then it will be the whole argument all over again.
    Just make the attunement to have killed KT

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Who's gonna care once it's 2 years in and everyone's raided Naxx for the bajillionth time with no perceivable content update in sight? Retooling content into the Vanilla scheme would be a great addition, assuming they never roll into TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oooh and the Cata zones. They are part of the old world as well, right?
    And the Acherus flying above the EP? Come to think of it, Paladins should have their class hall too, it's just a basement of the Light's Hope chapel, after all...

Well most people in that poll wanted the unreleased locations (Uldum, Grim Batol etc) released as Vanilla raids but also wanted them to only scale to Naxx difficulty/ilvl so they would be alternate ways to get to BIS rather than another difficulty. Like some said here already Naxx was possibly being planned for Vanilla, I remember them maybe thinking of having an AQ scepter-like requirement with Atiesh to be able to open the Dark Portal on each server but went against it (this might actually just be speculation from back then that I remember though).

I think it would be cool but only if they make it different. Maybe it could be accessible after Naxx, and it would lead to an old Outland raid. Another thing I remember but might've just been speculation: DKs in Wrath were originally going to be Warrior and Paladin only (and new hero classes would be based on armor type/lore), you would become one after doing a long ass quest chain at max lvl. Would be cool if they had hero classes with that concept down the line (I'd still want there to be a period where it's pure Vanilla then eventually have alternate content), they could have more balanced hero classes so if you want to raid or tank as Shaman their hero class could be Far Seer with an earth tanking and 2h dps spec.
    Last edited by JCD000; 2017-12-04 at 11:54 PM.

I would actually love the Cata zones (barring Deepholm and Vash'jr) to be added, but I think it would somehow need to all be deressed so it doesn't all stick out like a sore thumb alongside all the old trashy-looking vanilla zones. I love the idea of it, I just don't know how they would make it work.

Karazhan still works since it still fits the Vanilla look that TBC had for most of its content. I don't even think ZA should be added since it wasn't (and still isn't) a part of the main world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.