Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Yup... as it comes from someone with a DB-S avatar i'll take that as a compliment.

Otherwise; yes, i like the following:
    - crusade and how it adds more tension and speed for 1/4 of the time
    - judgement and how punishing it is to just hit random buttons; albeit i'm not that much of a fan of what that means for target-switching dps
    - finally being a melee class as intended
    So basically what makes the class good is it gets a haste buff, judgement being a poor mans Colossus Smash, and Exorcism made Ret a ranged class?

Blade of Justice is basically Exorcism with a shorter range, unless you're doing heavy AoE the only talent worth taking basically turns BoJ into exactly how Exorcism used to function.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    So basically what makes the class good is it gets a haste buff, judgement being a poor mans Colossus Smash, and Exorcism made Ret a ranged class?

Blade of Justice is basically Exorcism with a shorter range, unless you're doing heavy AoE the only talent worth taking basically turns BoJ into exactly how Exorcism used to function.
    There is a huge difference between "what makes it good" and "what makes it better than the previous concept".

Not only exorcism, did you forget HoW? It was a ranged ability we could spam while our target was below 20%, but also when we had awenging wrath up. Only 1 of our generators was really a melee ability.

No, these are what makes it better than the previous iteration (WoD) of the same spec for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the movement speed... really. It makes missteps more punishing and the split-second you decide which direction you will be running into more impactfull.
    I'm going to field a guess that you don't PvP... There's no missteps, it's just "well I guess I'm a kite now" because every ranged in the game except for Priests and Warlocks can basically kite us forever with minimal effort. We are the only melee in the game that require 2 people holding our hands to do our job in PvP, a healer to dispel snares from us, and a ranged/DK to snare people for us or bring the target to us... No other melee has trouble maintaining reasonable uptime on their targets without aid.

"I dislike how they gave us 1 warrior ability and took another one (execute; without the downside of needing a pool of rage to start firing)... "
    we've had HoW since vanilla, my dude, we got in less than a year after Warrior's got Execute. It has always functioned differently than Execute, with being hard limited by a cooldown, and not hitting as hard... Warriors were always the king of executes.

We are a hybrid of Warriors and Priests... Guess what 2 classes both have executes still... Warriors and Priests. It makes even more sense for us to still have an execute.

Colossus Smash I dislike because it's simply an awful mechanic... Arms Warriors have been telling Blizzard that since it was introduced in WotLK, I wish they would remove it from them too, because I also have a Warrior.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-12-04 at 08:13 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    The BFA demo builds weren't even close to being what we'll be seeing. They removed the least used talent and added the artifact weapon simply so people at blizzcon could have the choice to use it. There is no way that those will hit live like that, too many classes will go from good to crap because their artifact ability needs to be a baseline ability.

- - - Updated - - -

What? Which build of cata because it was a hot mess for every single patch and iteration.
    Idk I suppose the DW raid patch, I just remember being godly in PvP by throwing word of glory around and it constantly critical healing for full heals.

Then when wings were up blowing people up quickly. Even in world PvP it felt like I could do everything

Cata ret felt like it was the most fun, with the proc style rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    I miss the giant final verdict hammer. That "WHOOOSH SHNK" sound felt awesome.
    Agree. That and Long arm of the law were my two things about WoD I actually enjoyed.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

This won't mean much but I will always prefer Wrath Ret. TBC Ret was awful for a few reasons but the biggest by far was the social stigma. If you were a Paladin in TBC you were either a healer, a tank, or stupidly lucky. I never knew an actual raiding RET in person and I played on Dragonmaw (US).

When the pre patch finally gave us The Storm and the fixes a flood gate opened up. It was awesome to see them running around everywhere. You could finally solo at a respectable rate without being Prot.

Truth is, once Holy Power got added I've had a really hard time giving a shit about my Pally. The removal of buffs, auras, and the inclusion of a combo system makes them feel like garbage. I remember thinking "If I wanted to play a rogue I would have made a fucking rogue."

Hell the combo pt aspect makes Monks and Feral a chore but at least for them you always had it that way. Knowing what Ret (or Paladins in general) were like before the HP proc management game just makes them feel all the more shit to me.

While we are at it, fix holy mastery, I miss pre shielding people in mop and wod while not taking damage, good for PvP as well. As it protected against strong openers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I'm going to field a guess that you don't PvP... There's no missteps, it's just "well I guess I'm a kite now" because every ranged in the game except for Priests and Warlocks can basically kite us forever with minimal effort. We are the only melee in the game that require 2 people holding our hands to do our job in PvP, a healer to dispel snares from us, and a ranged/DK to snare people for us or bring the target to us... No other melee has trouble maintaining reasonable uptime on their targets without aid.
    PvP as ret was never fun... that isn't only a problem with the current version.
    But at the moment we have a potential of having 3 "sprints" depending on our talent build:
    - 2x pony talent
    - hand of freedom can serve as one
    - And we also have a slow on target (Hand of Hindrance)

That is more than we ever had in PvP.
    All that additionally to what happened to most ranged classes which had their mobility nerfed in Legion.

It's true; i don't do much PvP... but when i do it's really not as troublesome these forums make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Dude, you have a Fairy Tail avatar, people who live in a glass house should not throw stones.
    I admit FT was never really good, i just like the black-lightning aspect of the character... regardless it never went DB-S bad, but that's a matter for another sub-forum.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-12-04 at 08:43 AM.

Bring back the 30-sec seal system please. TBC Ret was by far the most fun for me, but with the de-emphasis on auto attacks I doubt they would build a core component linked to it like Seal of Command again.

Try prot. Palatanking is fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've stuck to using Soul of the Highlord, regardless of what sims say. I seriously need DP to keep the rotation even remotely interesting. Losing T20 4P seriously killed any joy I had on my Ret. Using T21 in Antorus and yes, the damage is still really good but it's so BLAND and AWFUL. I've accepted the fact I don't want to play a Paladin in BfA. I've felt like a Paladin main since TBC, although I did swap mains to a DK or Shaman briefly, I was always Paladin. No more though.

I really want to play Void Elf, because my guild's Alliance and I really miss playing Blood Elf. So Void Elf is as close as I'll get, and I've narrowed my class down to Warlock or Hunter. My guild doesn't have a full-time Lock but I've never been one for clothies. On the other hand, Hunter wears mail (we have like 3 mail wearers) and they're usually pretty strong. Either way, I'm going full on DPS. None of this hybrid rubbish.

I hope people playing Ret in BfA enjoy it, sincerely. If not, I wish you the best in your re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i have good news for you, but i dont know if this helps you: what you said could be said about 6-9 other classes (around 25-30 specs), depending on who you ask.

this will not really help you, but at least you know you are not alone.

i am reaaaally not that sure, if this ppl here are happy instead:

- combat/outlaw rogues
    - survival hunters
    - shadow priests
    - MM hunters
    - BM hunters
    - fire mages
    - arcane mages
    - BM monks
    - disc priests

just to name a few.

WoD and Legion - class wise - had should never happened imo. that game get fucked hard by stuff happened in the last 2 xpacs, class wise. when i remember myself in MoP or before, ... hell get that game fucked after that.

but hey, instead you get some cool QoL changes for your class
    You didn't even mention demo warlocks in your list, so you apparently have no idea what you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

But at the moment we have a potential of having 3 "sprints" depending on our talent build:
    - 2x pony talent

All that additionally to what happened to most ranged classes which had their mobility nerfed in Legion.
    No. Have you even played MoP or Cata? Hand of Freedom used to get you out of stuns, you could have it with 2 charges, Speed of Light or Pursuit of Justice were both things, Seal of Justice was a thing, 20 yard Fist of Justice was a thing (with no honor talents to sacrifice).

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh... MoP and WoD Ret were both fun in PvP, as was TBC and WotLK Ret... Cata was ok, but a lot more fun still than the shit we have now.

- 2x pony talent
    on a 45s CD, you will never see the second charge of "pony" again after it's gone once, because you have to use it on cooldown to do anything.

Compared to what we used to have... 45% sprint for 3 seconds every 5-6 seconds(Or 15% passive runspeed that could go up to 30% with 3 holy power), double freedom, and able to strip snares from ourselves at will with Emancipate... In Cata, we had the 45% sprint and the 15% passive runspeed at the same time... Additionally in WoD, if you spec'd into Empowered Seals, you could have an additional 20% runspeed at all times from maintaining the buff from Judgment of Justice.

If you think what we have now was better than what we had then, you are completely out of your melon... Our old mobility was far better, far more consistent, and wasn't completely shut down by a single offensive dispel every 25 seconds.

that talent is entirely inferior to every other option on that row, because HoF has to be used with Steed or Steed is basically useless.

30s CD, 10s duration, and can be dispelled... Inferior in every way to the snare we used to have, Burden of Guilt, which was a 2s(12s in MoP) snare on a 5-6 second cooldown that could not be dispelled, and Seal of Justice, which was a 50% snare on every attack for 8 seconds.

No, it's far, far less. I'd take what we used to have over the shit we have right now any god damn day.

no, no they didn't. The only ranged class that got their mobility reduced in any meaningful way in Legion is Hunters. The only ranged that can't kite us are Warlocks and Priests (who were never capable of kiting anyone ever anyways)... The only ranged that can't kite us easily, but can still kite us are Hunters, every other ranged, we aren't a threat to if they aren't an absolute moron, and I know this because I play all of the other ranged, and Rets are no threat to me at all.

You haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-12-04 at 08:52 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quite enjoying ret although I do miss HoW and Exorcism.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    I miss playing ret paladin. Every time I see a ret I automatically wish I was back to playing my Pre holy power ret .
    fixed
    really don't like that pseudo combo points

I too must admit that paladin feels a bit off in Legion. I like the new skills, but still it seems like there is something missing. The sound effects changes were indeed a mistake.
    Mother pus bucket!

I had a lot of fun playing ret in WoD, I really miss it.

I started leveling that paladin, I had to switch to prot. How they managed to make prot so fun, and at the same time ret so boring, no idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Played a paladin from TBC to now, Cata and Legion Ret was the best bro
    how can you think Cata ret is great, and simultaneously think Legion ret is great?
    they are entirely different specs basically. I very much enjoyed Cata ret, it was peak ret for me. But it was nothing like what we have now.

This is so bizarre to enjoy those two iterations.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss playing Ret as well. I have been a Rogue since late Wrath when that stupid Holy Power system was introduced. If I wanted to build up combo points and then spend them for damage, I would have rolled a Rogue.

Also, give back Excorsism and gtfo with that retarded Leauge of Legends looking Blade of Wrath shit.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.