Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Which is very sad, but he won the election so.
    But that wasn't the question, was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I never understand people like Hitler and Yamamoto.

Are they smart? No. If they are, how can they die so early.
    They are already rich and powerful, why risk it?

Becoming president, doesn't gain anything for Trump.
    It gains attention. And people like Trump love it when they're showered in it. They take their daily doses of Vitamin Ego.

I think Pres Trump is a very good businessman and that plays well when he is meeting other World Leaders and negotiating

Yes he is is a bit ruthless when it comes to business. Very Good Businessman are also good Strategists
    Being a successful Businessman helps when you can get a win-win situation between both parties conducting the business.

He has his quirks, but what President hasn't been a misogynist like Pres Bill Clinton or Pres John F Kennedy who used their power over the ladies.

Pres Trump has an amazing personality & he is not a boring President like Nixon or Ford.

I quite like the current US President. He definitely has America and its Allies in his heart.

Lets all sing along......

Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-12-06 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I have been struggling to understand this man ever since he took office, but if you look at him through the lens of a pitiless business man and try immerse yourself into that role to gain a better understanding, then he starts to make a lot more sense. It honestly doesn't surprise me. He has spent his entire life in cutthroat financial sectors, of course his personality would reflect that. You have to eliminate all trust of other humans if you are to compete at the highest levels of business. Every word said could be a lie from a competitor just to gain a slight advantage, ever potential friend could be just a ruse in order to get close to you before stabbing you in the back and robbing you blind. Experiencing this over a long period of time would make a person have severe trust issues, and fly into rants believing that everyone is against him. This could be mistakenly appear to observers as early onsets of "dementia" which is exactly what the White House staff claims.

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgen...N02G7-dad_ZJxw
    He's barely a passable manager to his father estate. To be sure you understand, he dropped from 4b to 3b just because the manhatan real estate market dropped last year just before you idiots refused to vote because Bernie wasn't on the ballot.

That dude lost so many lawsuits, its ridiculously pitiful to watch. The one he won was against poor people that couldn't/wouldn't defend themself.

But that empire has, according to all the stories I've read on it, underperformed the market in the long run. So really his role in building it seems to have been if anything a detriment to it.
    Donald Trump is basically a meme at this point and I don't really trust any source from the last 2-3 years to give any credible or unbiased information on him, especially his own book released when he was on the campaign trail (Which I bought and read; it was a poorly constructed self-published work clearly written by a ghost writer and contained no less than eight different typos and misspellings across its mere 100ish pages/30,000k~ish words).

If you Google "Donald Trump good business guy" or whatever, it's just going to be an endless selection of current articles that either call him the shittiest businessman who ever lived or an amazing visionary who built and empire with his own raw dick. Neither one is helpful and they only contain biased information to try asserting their point. The truth is that Trump is probably a pretty good businessman but has clearly stuck his fingers into too many holes (relation to grabbing pussies not intentional) and has a list of failed endeavors, not to mention the fact he's totally failed at least once but was bailed out of it.

Trump's real problem is the grandstanding he does. People may wrongfully get angry at "a small loan of one million dollars" because they think "loan" means "gift" and "one million dollars" means "4 billion dollar net worth", but their anger isn't unjustified. Trump should know one million dollars isn't a small loan and that not everyone can get a loan like that, so his extremely privileged family loan of a million dollars is something he should be humbled about instead of calling it a "small loan". No shit people were going to get mad at him when he says something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Come to think of it though, I don't know of many prominent businessmen who were born into the kind of hereditary wealth Trump was, a lot of the current crop of big name billionaires were born of relatively humble origins.
    Nepotism and social privilege go further than just wealthy beginnings. Besides, all you need to literally do is Google "Rich businessmen born into wealth" to find hundreds of examples of super wealthy people who were born into rich parents. For every Mark Zuckerburg and Bill Gates, there's at least 50 Donald Trumps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Because the rising tensions with North Korea hasn't been a thing? His recent idea of siding with Israel? He's trying to cause a lot of shit, and over Twitter which makes it even more moronic.
    A war with North Korea is immensely unlikely. If you think Trump could begin a war with them, then perhaps you need to understand the situation of North Korea better and what it takes for a President to begin a war.

As for Israel, however, that's at least some cause for concern. Perhaps not "start a war" concern, but at least creating more problems in an already unstable area of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    He's barely a passable manager to his father estate. To be sure you understand, he dropped from 4b to 3b just because the manhatan real estate market dropped
    And that was Trump's personal fault? What?

People as wealthy as Trump have their networth fluctuate all the time due to market-related changes. It's unlikely Trump is, or even ever was, really worth three or four billion dollars anyways, because after you're worth around one billion dollars, your networth tends to inflate based on nothing. It's kind of like small-time actors/businesspeople who have supposed networths of 2-10 million dollars, yet nowhere near that much in money, income or assets. It's just a random number someone decided they were worth based on whatever random calculation they used.

Can you ever trust anyone 100%? Reputation is what its all about, i believe.

And being ruthless sometimes is necessary tbh, good criticism is anyones right imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Because the rising tensions with North Korea hasn't been a thing? His recent idea of siding with Israel? He's trying to cause a lot of shit, and over Twitter which makes it even more moronic.

Not his fault that little shit threatens to nuke South Korea.

10+ Year Old Account

Ah yes, Hillary, who threatened military action on Russia and tried to use her vagina to manipulate women into voting her ( muh female president, muh females are the real victims of war ) was such a great candidate.
    She wasn't a great candidate, she was a terrible candidate. Don't get me wrong, I despise that woman, but in no way grounded in reality is she anywhere near as bad as trump.

And don't give me that military action BS after trump has continually tried to instigate NK. Trump is far more likely to cause a war by being an idiot than she ever was. Yes, she tried to manipulate women into voting for her, I agree, but trump did the same thing with religion and coal.

From an outside perspective there definitely seemed to be a "Hillary is a crook!" angle, I wouldn't wanna claim how effective it was, but I'm confident "some" of the votes were "because Hillary is worse"...
    I agree votes were cast with that in mind, but in reality, she was investigated and they found no criminal wrongdoing (which I disagree with, but I digress), compared to trump who is blatantly and openly breaking a multitude of laws on a daily basis. I guess my point is that while the right screams about made up crimes, their leader continues to do far worse and all they can do is deflect and deny.

- - - Updated - - -

Not his fault that little shit threatens to nuke South Korea.
    It'll be his fault if he's the one that causes it.

If he's a business man he isn't a very good one. Constantly robbing Peter to pay Paul and then having a team of lawyers bog down Peter with paperwork and court fees if Peter demands restitution.

He's a sociopath, narcissist, misogynist, xenophobe, and the incarnation of the Dunning-Kruger effect. He embodies the absolute worst aspects of American culture.

He is literally everything wrong with America.

If his father wasn't rich he would have died alone on the street a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    No offence but duh.

A college of mine said something similar about how he gets what he wants and how it's standard dealing.

He goes in hard at the start. E.g "full stop on all immigration!" expects the outrage and the crying let's that sit for a little bit then scales back to "no immigration from these select state's!" which is what he actually wanted.

He gets exactly what he wants and his opponents think they won something and are happy to leave it there
    This is pretty much whats going on, a common tactic most people fall for. EA Games is doing exactly the same, they do a totally scumbag move and then make it a little less worse so people accept it and still buy their shit so EA still get what they want. Trump is not the problem, stupid people are. Idiocracy is going strong these days and becomes more and more reality.
    Last edited by mmocd22c015b36; 2017-12-06 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Nepotism and social privilege go further than just wealthy beginnings. Besides, all you need to literally do is Google "Rich businessmen born into wealth" to find hundreds of examples of super wealthy people who were born into rich parents. For every Mark Zuckerburg and Bill Gates, there's at least 50 Donald Trumps.
    That's definitely the case, but what I was saying was - interestingly, most of them are not household names.

That's definitely the case, but what I was saying was - interestingly, most of them are not household names.
    Well yeah, most of them weren't the host of Celebrity Apprentice.

Well yeah, most of them weren't the host of Celebrity Apprentice.
    What's interesting is that Trump is old money, but he behaves like new money.

What's interesting is that Trump is old money, but he behaves like new money.
    Well he's spent a lot of time branding his name all over the place. Some argue that his failed business ventures like Trump Steaks/Ice/University/whatever were really for the sake of just getting the name "Trump" out there as much as possible. There may be no other human alive that has pushed their unappealing name as much as Donald Trump has. Name recognition alone won him hundreds of thousands of votes, really.

I would assume to succeed in buisness you have to be ruthless because others are gonna be as ruthless if not more.
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I would like to believe that. I really would, but that is dangerous thinking.

To really hurt him, we first have to understand him.
    yes, and he's a moron.
    He's actually mentally handicapped, having more intelligent people take advantage of him.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    This is pretty much whats going on, a common tactic most people fall for. EA Games is doing exactly the same, they do a totally scumbag move and then make it a little less worse so people accept it and still buy their shit so EA still get what they want. Trump is not the problem, stupid people are. Idiocracy is going strong these days and becomes more and more reality.
    yea pritty much. people seem to like shouting SNAKE OIL SALESMAN SNAKE OIL SALESMAN !! yet fail to realise there the ones buying the snake oil every time by falling for his basic tricks :/

- - - Updated - - -

Well he's spent a lot of time branding his name all over the place. Some argue that his failed business ventures like Trump Steaks/Ice/University/whatever were really for the sake of just getting the name "Trump" out there as much as possible. There may be no other human alive that has pushed their unappealing name as much as Donald Trump has. Name recognition alone won him hundreds of thousands of votes, really.
    always find him using his name trump as a brand funny because trump means fart in Britain

Life is a video game, and at the start you make your human. You get to put in stat points just like D&D. Trumps was as follows:

STR 1
    Dex 1
    Con 1
    Int -20
    Wis -50
    Cha 0
    Luck 2156654234548526549875212646873546246199845275
    Starting feats: White Male, Rich Parents.

The man is nothing besides the luckiest fucker on the earth right now. He has done nothing but fuck up while his dads lawyers cover for him, until eventually he got a few moves right. He tries so many things that eventually by sheer luck some of them payed off and hes rich. That is the reality when you don't have to pay for your financial mistakes, either through insane irs loopholes your dads lawyers find, bribes, or just outright not paying your creditors; you can just fling shit on the wall until something sticks.

Plenty of people are at the top of whatever industry and aren't compulsively lying conspiracy obsessed corrupt sexual predator human trash. Dont try to make excuses for him.