Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should content that never made it at launch be added?

Should content that never made it at the original launch of WoW be worked on and added to classic realms in some way? I'm not asking if this should be on all servers, but maybe on a separate/unique server or something.

Examples:

Dragon Isles
    Azshara Crater BG
    Emerald Dream zone
    Old Outland/Hellfire
    Mount Hyjal

and so on.

On one hand this sounds like a tempting idea, sure.. but this would work as it would really mess up the progression. Imagine 3 years from now, blizzard and the community decides that the classic servers progress to TBC. With all the missing content added this simply wouldnt work or would lead to a redevelopement of all following expansions. Let classic just be.
    These zones which never made it to any sort of retail are something we as players can dream about how it would have played, whatsoever.
    And sinze Emerald Dream is kind of part of Legion, Mount Hyjal is Cata, and Outland in TBC, these zones where realised and developed. just different than what was planned in classic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. That would cost development time that is better used on Live WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Didn't they say they were hiring a whole new team to work on classic realms, such that it wouldn't impact live at all?

7+ Year Old Account
    No
    {10char}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    Should content that never made it at the original launch of WoW be worked on and added to classic realms in some way? I'm not asking if this should be on all servers, but maybe on a separate/unique server or something.

Examples:

Dragon Isles
    Azshara Crater BG
    Emerald Dream zone
    Old Outland/Hellfire
    Mount Hyjal

and so on.
    Yes, if only for new players to experience the game in a more complete way than we were able to and get a story that makes more sense (I'm looking at you WOD). Of course I would go back and do all the content that was skipped, maybe blizzard could put it in as "Timewalking" events or something. I don't know but to say it shouldn't be added seems wrong.

I cant tell if hes serious or what.

They have a dedicated team to classic. Your free epic game you play now will not be hindered. (I can be sarcastic as well.)

OT, no, additions like this are not necesssary.

It would be interesting. But no.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by loadedaxe View Post

They have a dedicated team to classic. Your free epic game you play now will not be hindered. (I can be sarcastic as well.)

They have a new team that will make old code run on new hardware, not create brand new content.

Quote Originally Posted by naisz View Post
    On one hand this sounds like a tempting idea, sure.. but this would work as it would really mess up the progression. Imagine 3 years from now, blizzard and the community decides that the classic servers progress to TBC. With all the missing content added this simply wouldnt work or would lead to a redevelopement of all following expansions. Let classic just be.
    These zones which never made it to any sort of retail are something we as players can dream about how it would have played, whatsoever.
    And sinze Emerald Dream is kind of part of Legion, Mount Hyjal is Cata, and Outland in TBC, these zones where realised and developed. just different than what was planned in classic.
    i think they really did emerald dream poorly. in vanilla there was the emerald dream in game files which looked amazing and what they do with it? turn it to a damn raid/instance in legion. IMO waste of an xpac i would dare say.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loadedaxe View Post

You "new team" is a maintenance crew to get classic running without the servers imploding and sending Irvine to the fifth dimension, not an actual, big team of developers.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post

Examples:

Dragon Isles
    Azshara Crater BG
    Emerald Dream zone
    Old Outland/Hellfire
    Mount Hyjal

and so on.
    How do you propose they add it? Finish and add? That's work that would be better put to doing some new content - for Classic, if you want that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly i think that would really add to classic. However i'm sure there are a great deal of purist that will just say no for the sake of saying no.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Deleted
    You "new team" is a maintenance crew to get classic running without the servers imploding and sending Irvine to the fifth dimension, not an actual, big team of developers.
    Basically this, I really doubt Blizzard would want to have two full teams that have to manage and develop content for two separate MMOs, especially not after what happened with Titan.

I wish you chimps would stop using this in every argument. They said multiple times even on the blizzcon stage they've got a brand new team to work on it so it won't effect current, if classic suddenly vanishes - development wise - live won't be any better or worse off

As for adding other content in, the only way it'll work is post max and if it doesn't progress into a tbc server

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I wish you chimps would stop using this in every argument. They said multiple times even on the blizzcon stage they've got a brand new team to work on it so it won't effect current, if classic suddenly vanishes - development wise - live won't be any better or worse off

As for adding other content in, the only way it'll work is post max and if it doesn't progress into a tbc server
    ANY development effort made on Classic will make me question Why wasn't it made on classic (edit: LIVE! I mean Live WoW)

One brand-new dungeon made for Classic WoW? Why aren't those devs working on Live WoW instead? Unless Classic WoW gets it's own subscription - with a sub dedicated to the classic servers, it should, indeed, get development, because why the fudge would it need a sub? The game is done!

Last edited by A Chozo; 2017-12-05 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    They can always use it later. For now they should focus to get as close to whatever point of vanilla they've chosen and let in run a year or two.

If classic WoW is going to be succesful enough to the point that it brings in more than enough money to warrant it, I'd love to see it happen to expand classic WoW further with unused content.

It would be fun but I don't know how they would do it without messing up the progression from dungeons to raids and then the raid progression. LvL 60 dungeons were a stepping stone into MC/ZG/Onyxia, then you would BWL and AQ20, and then AQ40 Naxx. How would they fit without making the other content useless. Maybe adding loot needed for unused specs that don't have a way to gear correctly and then sprinkle in a mount or some type of goodies or rep grinds to entice the rest of the specs to come and play. Maybe some type of quick boss to help gear for Naxx and AQ40 but requiring you to have BWL gear or better to survive.