races and classes

so with the recent PTR, we see that monk trainers are moving into the new allied races hubs to train the people in there. WHY IS THIS ONLY FOR MONKS?! why cant and isnt the other classes doing the same as monks?! this triggers me as i believed by now the next expansion we will have no race/class restrictions because we were introduced to class orders in Legions and in many of those quest campaigns we seen examples of some races changing classes like the Night Elf Priest in the Paladin Campaign.

come on blizzard! if monks can teach a class then other classes can teach their classes too! I'm sick of only Blood Elfs and Taurens for hordes only... give me a troll paladin damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by abdomari View Post
    I'm sick of only Blood Elfs and Taurens for hordes only... give me a troll paladin damn it!
    Maybe wait and see what classes a Zandalari can be.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Maybe wait and see what classes a Zandalari can be.
    I am waiting and at the same time spreading awareness on this issue. Having Monks the only class that is teachable is unfair in my opinion.

I want Troll Paladins, Human Shamen, Dwarf Druids, Tauren Warlocks, Space Goat Warlocks... Surely those can be taught by or in the Class Order Hall that we had to go through the trouble in Legion to build up... Use those Halls now after the Legion as training grounds cause that is what their purpose would become.

some classes can't be really "taught". Paladins for example require established religion for that (not just priests, but order full order with it's own doctrines and other things). And i think paladins class order was the biggest fail, cause tauren "paladins" totaly different from others (it's more of druidish side than light).

Death knight... Well there is big problem that all of them was raised by arthas and there is no clear confirmation that we raised more DK aside hosemen (krok "recruting" can be only for gameplay, so we will have resourse sink and troops for missions like other classes).

For Lightforged... man do you really think that race who was infused by light will go warlock? even Spriest for then is totaly gameplay. Rogues goes same with their brothers (hoves is bad for sneaking). Shaman... well - they are totaly devoted to light, not like their Draenei brothers.

Moosetaurens - they don't have influence of their kalimdor brothers on Anshe so no priest and paladins (for now at least).

Elves - VE just not for paladins man. they are full of different type of energy. They will just explode from this. (even priest for them is a bit of stretch), and Nightborne... well - they was isolated for 10k years and paladins order is almost new for them. + they not so familiard with light teachings.

you see - monks can require something like "inner peace", while paladins more like "devotion".

For your other options. Dwarf totaly not "druidish" enough. elements - yes, but as keepers of nature? naaaah.

And tauren and draenei warlock? maaan. This is TOO much. Draenei won't accept them. They have bad history with it when fled from Argus, and tauren go taste of that expirience too with bloodtotem. They are by their characters too lifepreserving, and fel energies just corrupt and burn all life it touch. Even orcs keep warlocks under the watch so they not cause any trouble. Maybe if blizz make eredar as Allied race, but they will be totaly not loved by their "not red" brothers. Maybe they will go to horde because of this (after appearance of Lightforged).

Human druid. well - i can agree there. It will be hard cause human lifespan can be not enough for teaching, but well - this can work yes. Just maybe not for Stormwind humans.

For trolls. well - i hope to see Zandalari paladins too. Cause they are things wich existed in lore since classic WoW, and few were in ToT raid.

Yeah everything can be stretched very far... but man - let's keep things not too crazy eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    some classes can't be really "taught". Paladins for example require established religion for that (not just priests, but order full order with it's own doctrines and other things). And i think paladins class order was the biggest fail, cause tauren "paladins" totaly different from others (it's more of druidish side than light).
    I have to disagree on this part, Paladin are basically priest warriors. There is no religion in Azeroth its like you said Doctrines and "way of life". i view it like the monks with their teachings and doctrines too. I disagree with you on the Tauren paladin too because its basically the same thing, take a simple example of an art piece, 2 different people can like a certain art piece but both can Interpolate it in 2 totally different ways. that doesn't mean that one of them right and the other is wrong, it means that both of them follow and like one thing and both agree on it, in this case the "light". As for the paladin class order to be a fail, i have to strongly disagree with you because i think it was one of the best campaigns in Legion because it introduced us to new teachings and opened new ways for us to convert NPCs to us as seen with the Night Elf priest that became a paladin, and even a Ghost Night Elf paladin too. SO IT IS POSSIBLE to convert and make new paladins!

Death knight... Well there is big problem that all of them was raised by arthas and there is no clear confirmation that we raised more DK aside hosemen (krok "recruting" can be only for gameplay, so we will have resourse sink and troops for missions like other classes).
    Lets not get "hero classes" into this for the time being because they have a whole intro to them.

For Lightforged... man do you really think that race who was infused by light will go warlock? even Spriest for then is totaly gameplay. Rogues goes same with their brothers (hoves is bad for sneaking). Shaman... well - they are totaly devoted to light, not like their Draenei brothers.

Moosetaurens - they don't have influence of their kalimdor brothers on Anshe so no priest and paladins (for now at least).

Elves - VE just not for paladins man. they are full of different type of energy. They will just explode from this. (even priest for them is a bit of stretch), and Nightborne... well - they was isolated for 10k years and paladins order is almost new for them. + they not so familiard with light teachings.
    This is NOT only about Alllied races, but also correct for ALL races. Class Orders has to go out and recruit too!

you see - monks can require something like "inner peace", while paladins more like "devotion".
    debatable like stated in the previous quote.

For your other options. Dwarf totaly not "druidish" enough. elements - yes, but as keepers of nature? naaaah.
    Druidism was taught from Cenarius himself and passed down from master to teacher and so on. We seen it in Azsuna Cinematic, it is something that can be taught, and im pretty sure anyone willing to learn it should be able to learn it.

And tauren and draenei warlock? maaan. This is TOO much. Draenei won't accept them. They have bad history with it when fled from Argus, and tauren go taste of that expirience too with bloodtotem. They are by their characters too lifepreserving, and fel energies just corrupt and burn all life it touch. Even orcs keep warlocks under the watch so they not cause any trouble. Maybe if blizz make eredar as Allied race, but they will be totaly not loved by their "not red" brothers. Maybe they will go to horde because of this (after appearance of Lightforged).
    this is just backward thinking in my opinion. If you remember in Cataclysm, NE got mages, and mages in NE society were shunned but then they got accepted. same with your Orc example too, having selected few of Taurens and Space Goats practice Warlock can be a benefit to both factions. lets not forget and see that a whole race playing with void is being accepted as a race to one faction, so why not classes that practice fel in good behavior like those voids? its Hypocrisy and ignorance if they get rejected.

Human druid. well - i can agree there. It will be hard cause human lifespan can be not enough for teaching, but well - this can work yes. Just maybe not for Stormwind humans.
    Humans when they were first started learning the ways of the mage from the Elfs were considered what you said, "not enough" but with practice and more teachings and learnings they became mages so why are we giving up without trying? practice makes perfect and everyone should get a chance.

Yeah everything can be stretched very far... but man - let's keep things not too crazy eh?
    Its not crazy if you think about evolution and race progression in game or even IRL. races with inelegance keep advancing mentally and physically and learn new things through the ages and adapt to it. Why cant it be the same for the races on Azeroth? sure it can contradict traditions and identity but we are not the same humans as we were back 100 years ago, we learned, we adapted, and we became something new and better. Azeroth Races should do the same with all the exposure from different cultures and classes.

You telling me a civilian Orc kid in Azeroth cant look at Anduin and admire his holiness and lightness and wanting to be a priest or a paladin like Anduin who became a hero in his eyes? Sure the kid while and when he is growing up will go to lengths to learn and be like Anduin with the light and all. Sure it will piss other Orcs and horde in general but let the Kid be whatever hell he wants to be... same for players...

sry but quote will be a little too big so
    1) Nelf paladins - do you remember that they have established religion around Elune? They basicaly already have paladins cause their moon priestes free to use weapon to kill and defend. So about "way of life" you can be wrong too and there can be something like that. And by fail i mean whole design around it. Campaing can be cool, but man - Tauren paladins are different. they belive in "sun" not light itself, and still not get any decoration about it in class hall where is everything just scream "BELIVE IN LIGHT!".
    And another - if you remember first human paladins carried Librams with them. This librams (and we used them too as ingame item, sadly blizzard deleted this slot) i think was written with this doctrines. So as i said not all races can have mindset to being paladins. Well at least paladins in common meaning of this word. (honestly paladins really must have things like Warlock green fire. Like why Tauren start trowing light infused hammers instead going sunbased colors? and "red light" for BElfs). And let's not forget how stagnant NElfs in their life (they not changed for 10k years and only when Deathwing light their butts on fire they accepted mages return)

2)This is why they made allied races. While they can be similar to existing ones, they have their own history and by this they can have different classes from original.

3) Class orders recruted yep - and most of the troops were races who can be this class. In theory some small numbers can join, but it is doubtfull.

4) space goats and tauren warlock. man i was talking about their own race. Faction can tolerate them, but not their own kind. Tauren REALLY life preserving ones (at least Highmountain and Normal tauren, if we get Yaungol - for them warlock probably will be okay). They not see why they must use magic wich drain life itself. And draenei can live even more than elves. And they still remember what shaft they got by using it. So only as eredar race this kind can get warlock. Velen just won't accept this. simple "TOO! MUCH! LIGHT! IN! THEM!".

5) sadly even if you can use IRL example in some situations, you still must remember. This is different race. They can have TOTALY different mindset.
    Orcs in theory can admire paladin and light, but their whole race built on shaman teaching. Like ancestors help, rituals, etc. In times when they need to defend something there is 99.(7)% that they call for ancestors and elements rather than light. (and let's not forget that it's shamanism who brought back their will to live after second war). They just don't see it too usefull in wastelands of durotar where you need more "earthy" help to live and eat. i don't see orcs as paladins really. it's just don't fit them.
    and about child... man anduin performed this "lighshow" in lordaeron. there is no child orcs, and they still have their shamanism in them, like feeding blood to children with mother milk. And most of it. while they can see that anduin done this res thing, they have their own examples like thrall, or saurfang. And till blizz confirm this or not - we have 12 years from third war till legion. this "child" of yours will have looong time to live.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2017-12-05 at 10:19 AM.

It's monks so that the 2 elf races can have 2 healing classes. That's really the only reason.

Honestly, some of the class/race combos feel so out of place already, so why not just allow everything without supporting it lorewise. Like, everybody can learn to become a warlock or a druid, but it doesn't mean it's the norm for all the races.