Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Well any scenario is better than using a special action button in silithus and having them disappear. How is Ashbringer on the same powerlevel compared to let's say, Titanstrike, when it comes to healing a planet?
    It's not about healing, but rather draining the sword's power into an Artifact, instead of letting it seep into Azeroth (getting overloaded and destroyed in process). And an item hand-crafted by a Titan Watcher and (my guess, given the quest chain, having some power from the other Watcher as well) is probably suitable for that task, given the nature of sword's power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

That is literally not what he is saying. All of your examples can be boiled down to the same silly reason. You are of course not biased against your own idea so you won't be using bias to make the reason silly.
    No, I am biased against Blizzard's execution of this matter, as they are a company hiring several writers and I am just a dude who thought of these scenarios on my phone on the toilet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Tbh I like the way we lose our artifact weapons, exactly like the dragon aspects losing their powers we over exhaust the weapons capabilities and all that will remain is just your normal run of the mill grey weapons. In order to go against a full on weapon that was used by the leader of the burning legion, you’d expect the other titans to do the job but as they’re busy with sargeras and all then we have no other choice but to deal with the currently embedded sword ourselves
    Yeah because the dragon aspects losing their powers all of sudden was well written and generaly acclaimed moment of lore.

Well any scenario is better than using a special action button in silithus and having them disappear. How is Ashbringer on the same powerlevel compared to let's say, Titanstrike, when it comes to healing a planet?
    No wonder, you haven't even understood what we're doing with our Artifacts...

"Any scenario is better" you say, yet your ideas are crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halwyn View Post
    It's not about healing, but rather draining the sword's power into an Artifact, instead of letting it seep into Azeroth (getting overloaded and destroyed in process). And an item hand-crafted by a Titan Watcher and (my guess, given the quest chain, having some power from the other Watcher as well) is probably suitable for that task, given the nature of sword's power.
    Exactly.

If people are going to be outraged at the writing, the least they can do is actually understand wtf the writing is about. It's especially funny when they put feels into the process. In their minds, Ashbringer beats anything "coz an old important item", meanwhile all the artifacts have pulled their weight.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-12-05 at 01:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I am biased against Blizzard's execution of this matter, as they are a company hiring several writers and I am just a dude who thought of these scenarios on my phone on the toilet.
    Which was my point. You are biased against blizzard so any idea they come up with will be taken to its most basic level to insult it. While any idea you make up with is automatically better just because. Your scenarios are worse then blizzards. We stop using a sword because it is immoral even though an entire expansion was magically morally just? We just return fists to a Windlord because they beg for it? That is all it takes to gain a powerful item? An artifact is seized by force and if you resist you are automatically subdued because of magic. A hammer is magically destroyed because of lol rage.

Seriously. You think lol rage, If you resist I automatically win because of story and etc are worse then channeling the power of an artifact to destroy the weapon of a Titan?

Yeah because the dragon aspects losing their powers all of sudden was well written and generaly acclaimed moment of lore.
    They didn't lose it all of a sudden. They drained their power in order to stop Deathwing. Like I said you are biased towards Blizzard any anything they do for lore is going to be bad and ridiculed by you. Even if they used one your exact scenarios you would be here whining about how terrible it is.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Llane Wrynn?
    Was Orgrim doomhammer that killed lothar Also what do you expect with the writing blizzard does, they pulled void elves out of their ass cause people cant stop whining about high elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

So many people saying nothing else could be better than what Blizz thought of.. What the fuck? lol? The way Blizz is doing away with the artifacts is the most limp dicked thing I've ever seen in writing. You can't tell me having weapons of Ashbringer's or Frostmourne's caliber having all the same ending to their story as one another is a good decision. Giving something that powerful with that much lore the same copy/paste ending is just a very poor direction.

Oh what a lame way for our bekowed artifact weapons to go. We just point then at the giant sword and bam, goodbye. Thanks a lot, Magni.

We kinda new it was gonna happen, either Argus destroys them during the fight or we use them to patch the wound.

But until the last moment I was hoping Blizzard actually gives a real, well written reason for them to go.

I was picturing something like the class mount quest, just a little scenario for every single weapon, where the weapon is either destroyed, loses power or returns to some new owner.

For example, the Silver hand might ask you to retire the Ashbringer in the tomb of Tirion, as it would be immoral for such powerful weapon to be used to wage war against the opposing faction.

The Fists of Heavens would be demanded back by the newly corronated Windlord Thunderaan, as it was previously stolen from a air elemental royal.

The Felomelorn would br seized by force by Lorthemar, as he wanted the ancient Elven weapon to be in his possession in the upcoming war and if you try to resist him, he uses his elite spellbreakers forces to subdue your fire magics.

The Doomhammer would be destroyed by the elements y after Thrall tries to use it for the last time, as the elements are still mad at him for cheating the duel with Garrosh.

These are just four scenarios I thought of, I haven't played through all the weapon quests, but I am sure you would thing of WAY better ways to lose our weapons, then just wildly point them at a giant space sword, not to mention that these way, blizz could continue the stories for these historic lore important weapons beyond Legion.
    Feel free to post your fan ideas of how the each weapons could end.
    But these all suck even more???

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Was Orgrim doomhammer that killed lothar
    I know, not sure why are you telling me.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh what a lame way for our bekowed artifact weapons to go. We just point then at the giant sword and bam, goodbye. Thanks a lot, Magni.

We kinda new it was gonna happen, either Argus destroys them during the fight or we use them to patch the wound.

But until the last moment I was hoping Blizzard actually gives a real, well written reason for them to go.

I was picturing something like the class mount quest, just a little scenario for every single weapon, where the weapon is either destroyed, loses power or returns to some new owner.

For example, the Silver hand might ask you to retire the Ashbringer in the tomb of Tirion, as it would be immoral for such powerful weapon to be used to wage war against the opposing faction.

The Fists of Heavens would be demanded back by the newly corronated Windlord Thunderaan, as it was previously stolen from a air elemental royal.

The Felomelorn would br seized by force by Lorthemar, as he wanted the ancient Elven weapon to be in his possession in the upcoming war and if you try to resist him, he uses his elite spellbreakers forces to subdue your fire magics.

The Doomhammer would be destroyed by the elements y after Thrall tries to use it for the last time, as the elements are still mad at him for cheating the duel with Garrosh.

These are just four scenarios I thought of, I haven't played through all the weapon quests, but I am sure you would thing of WAY better ways to lose our weapons, then just wildly point them at a giant space sword, not to mention that these way, blizz could continue the stories for these historic lore important weapons beyond Legion.
    Feel free to post your fan ideas of how the each weapons could end.
    all those scenarios are no better than what actually happens to them.

It is probably the only other way to destroy them in a sensible way other than pointing them at a titan directly. I just hope they make a sweet cinematic for it. Otherwise I'm satisfied, coming up with individual ways to destroy them was never going to work properly, let alone that wanker approach some claimed, which involved giving it to some NPCs because reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Exactly.

If people are going to be outraged at the writing, the least they can do is actually understand wtf the writing is about. It's especially funny when they put feels into the process. In their minds, Ashbringer beats anything "coz an old important item", meanwhile all the artifacts have pulled their weight.
    This damn ashbringer cult is the most annoying thing of them all... as if it was the only interesting or powerfull weapon in wow's existence.

I for one can't wait to get rid of my artifacts. (main ret pally)
    Don't care how, even vendoring them would be fine.

Deleted
    So every single artifact weapon has the power to absorb corruption. Ashbringer and remanis of frostmourne do the same thing . Right

At the end of this expansion, we discover power more powerful than light and darkness.
    We then soon find out in order to protect this planet, and to balance the force, I mean light and void, we need to give up our essence stored in our weapons from our pass adventures. In turn "the world" would bless this planet, making all things harmless to each other that they only do 5-10% of their previous damage o.O

I'm slightly disappointed but not surprised in the end. I main a warlock and rogue and would of liked all the foreshadowing of certain weapons to have come to fruition.

Some examples of my favorites: Affliction lock scythe hungers for power constantly and if it is not consuming then it well eventually consume it's wielder. So with the legion defeated and my bloody killing spree across the broken isles and argus complete I figured this would be about the moment it's time to destroy this thing or it tries to drain me.

Outlaw rogues cutlasses are much in the same way. Constant thirst for blood shed and madness at the wielder's hands. But if the murder ceases? Well it's stated many times in it's lore the dreadblades will turn on their owner time and time again.

But hey saving azeroth is fine by my book, they probably didnt wanna make more scenarios on top of the ones originally made for getting everyone's weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They didn't lose it all of a sudden. They drained their power in order to stop Deathwing. Like I said you are biased towards Blizzard any anything they do for lore is going to be bad and ridiculed by you. Even if they used one your exact scenarios you would be here whining about how terrible it is .
    I like Blizzard's writing, I wouldn't be playing this game so long if I hated it. But sometimes it makes so little sense. Just like the ending of Cata or Legion.

Just wave you weapon at the sword, that'll do. What, you weapon was created by Titan's themselves, and his weapon is literally just some monkey's walking stick? I guess they'll do the same trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    So many people saying nothing else could be better than what Blizz thought of.. What the fuck? lol? The way Blizz is doing away with the artifacts is the most limp dicked thing I've ever seen in writing. You can't tell me having weapons of Ashbringer's or Frostmourne's caliber having all the same ending to their story as one another is a good decision. Giving something that powerful with that much lore the same copy/paste ending is just a very poor direction.
    Thank you, I almost started to think everyone here was brainwashed blizzard fanboy, who thought everything Blizz does is holy.

Look at this way:

When we got the weapons, some were powerlevel 5, some were powerlevel 100.

Now, after we poured so much shit and energy and whatnot into our weapon, some are powerlevel 10005, some are powerlevel 10100. The difference isn't as big anymore.
    I mean, they absorbed the Heart of Zin-Azshari, were blessed by the Pantheon, absorbed Gul'dans power, were infused by pure Holy and pure Shadow etc.etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majalahti View Post
    I for one can't wait to get rid of my artifacts. (main ret pally)
    Don't care how, even vendoring them would be fine.
    Even just vendoring them would be better than what actually happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even just vendoring them would be better than what actually happens.
    Have they turned your job application down or what?

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i hate
    is that i will have to say goodbye to skull-bro
    i am a normal/heroic raider once mythic raider (requires too much time for me these days)
    and i will legit say "fuck bis i am going to use a main hand/offhand so i can keep my skull-bro"
    I am not going to say goodbye to my skull-bro, and well... too awesome
    I got art of my char with it for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Have they turned your job application down or what?
    No, Legion is just ending in a very unimaginative way.
    which is kinda fitting for the rest of the expansion tbh