Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lame way for artifacts to go (fan speculation)

Oh what a lame way for our bekowed artifact weapons to go. We just point then at the giant sword and bam, goodbye. Thanks a lot, Magni.

We kinda new it was gonna happen, either Argus destroys them during the fight or we use them to patch the wound.

But until the last moment I was hoping Blizzard actually gives a real, well written reason for them to go.

I was picturing something like the class mount quest, just a little scenario for every single weapon, where the weapon is either destroyed, loses power or returns to some new owner.

For example, the Silver hand might ask you to retire the Ashbringer in the tomb of Tirion, as it would be immoral for such powerful weapon to be used to wage war against the opposing faction.

The Fists of Heavens would be demanded back by the newly corronated Windlord Thunderaan, as it was previously stolen from a air elemental royal.

The Felomelorn would br seized by force by Lorthemar, as he wanted the ancient Elven weapon to be in his possession in the upcoming war and if you try to resist him, he uses his elite spellbreakers forces to subdue your fire magics.

The Doomhammer would be destroyed by the elements y after Thrall tries to use it for the last time, as the elements are still mad at him for cheating the duel with Garrosh.

These are just four scenarios I thought of, I haven't played through all the weapon quests, but I am sure you would thing of WAY better ways to lose our weapons, then just wildly point them at a giant space sword, not to mention that these way, blizz could continue the stories for these historic lore important weapons beyond Legion.
    Feel free to post your fan ideas of how the each weapons could end.

Deleted
    considering all your scenarios are horrible, it seems to me you just want blizzard to spend more production value on us losing the artifacts, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    It was going to be a shitbrained send off regardless. I'm just fucking amazed that ancient holy weapons, arcane weapons of eld, old god dagger and the pair of daggers that killed Anduin Lothar are all just fundamentally sargerite batteries to be used as a later plot device.

Not to mention, the PC giving up these super powerful (after we unlock everything) and sargerite infused weapons only opens up NPCs plot devicing them in the future unless we all just 'trust' the Kirin'tor or someone to keep them under lock and key. And we know how well that's gone historically with TWO invasions of Dalaran.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    pair of daggers that killed Anduin Lothar
    Llane Wrynn?

Deleted
    You are right, Blizz could've come up with something better. But honestly... It could've been worse to.

I still like the sword idea though. I think it's pretty badass that the sword is there. Id rather have the sword stuck in Silithus then Argus in the sky tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Llane Wrynn?
    My bad, get them mixed up all the time. (They are pretty much the same character in the same vein as Baine and Cairne.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saar View Post
    You are right, Blizz could've come up with something better. But honestly... It could've been worse to.

I still like the sword idea though. I think it's pretty badass that the sword is there. Id rather have the sword stuck in Silithus then Argus in the sky tbh.
    That's the one forgiving thing about this is how cool it is that they are actually giving a fuck about the game after the final raid of the expansion.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I'm cool with the idea to be honest. Without gathering such immense power over the last year or so (in-game time), we'd be unable to heal Azeroth, and could potentially lose her and the planet itself. It's a noble sacrifice, plays to what I personally enjoy in RPGs
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    My preference: “Illidan needs ALL of these weapons to guard Sargeras!

Cut to Illidan wearing 35 weapons draped on every part of his body.

Cause you know, Illidan plus the power of 35 artifacts = Sargeras.
    Someone has to make this, doesn't have to be a clip, I just wanna see Illidan draped in weapons.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Whose excited about trading in legendary daggers for "Kul'Trias Skinning Knife" green quest reward?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Whose excited about trading in legendary daggers for "Kul'Trias Skinning Knife" green quest reward?
    Well. I am

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    considering all your scenarios are horrible, it seems to me you just want blizzard to spend more production value on us losing the artifacts, lol
    Better than magni going 'please throw your weapon onto this, i guess that could help idk'

but u got me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    But until the last moment I was hoping Blizzard actually gives a real, well written reason for them to go.
    I found the error in your post. Those two concepts don't mix at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    For example, the Silver hand might ask you to retire the Ashbringer in the tomb of Tirion, as it would be immoral for such powerful weapon to be used to wage war against the opposing faction.
    A weapon being immoral is better writing then being used to seal a wound from a Titan? The Titan that led the Burning Legion and could have end all life as we know it?

There is no reason to continue the story for most of these weapons beyond Legion. The few that existed prior to Legion could certainly have a place but even then unless they get brought back as artifact weapons for players they have little story value.

- - - Updated - - -

Better than magni going 'please throw your weapon onto this, i guess that could help idk'

but u got me
    That is literally not what he is saying. All of your examples can be boiled down to the same silly reason. You are of course not biased against your own idea so you won't be using bias to make the reason silly.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Oh what a lame way for our bekowed artifact weapons to go. We just point then at the giant sword and bam, goodbye. Thanks a lot, Magni.

We kinda new it was gonna happen, either Argus destroys them during the fight or we use them to patch the wound.

I was picturing something like the class mount quest, just a little scenario for every single weapon, where the weapon is either destroyed, loses power or returns to some new owner.

The Fists of Heavens would be demanded back by the newly corronated Windlord Thunderaan, as it was previously stolen from a air elemental royal.

The Felomelorn would br seized by force by Lorthemar, as he wanted the ancient Elven weapon to be in his possession in the upcoming war and if you try to resist him, he uses his elite spellbreakers forces to subdue your fire magics.

The Doomhammer would be destroyed by the elements y after Thrall tries to use it for the last time, as the elements are still mad at him for cheating the duel with Garrosh.

These are just four scenarios I thought of, I haven't played through all the weapon quests, but I am sure you would thing of WAY better ways to lose our weapons, then just wildly point them at a giant space sword, not to mention that these way, blizz could continue the stories for these historic lore important weapons beyond Legion.
    Feel free to post your fan ideas of how the each weapons could end.
    Tbh I like the way we lose our artifact weapons, exactly like the dragon aspects losing their powers we over exhaust the weapons capabilities and all that will remain is just your normal run of the mill grey weapons. In order to go against a full on weapon that was used by the leader of the burning legion, you’d expect the other titans to do the job but as they’re busy with sargeras and all then we have no other choice but to deal with the currently embedded sword ourselves

I don't think there was ever going to be a "good" way to do it, particularly for the previously established lore weapons.
    And no approach was going to be equally liked by everyone anyway, like well everything else the game offers.
    You can try to be something for everyone, or everything for no-one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Good riddance I have hated the thought and implementation of Artifact weapons since their Announcement. I want weapon drops to come from bosses, the whole artifact progression sucked as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'm cool with the idea to be honest. Without gathering such immense power over the last year or so (in-game time), we'd be unable to heal Azeroth, and could potentially lose her and the planet itself. It's a noble sacrifice, plays to what I personally enjoy in RPGs
    Which makes zero sense for Warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    considering you have little to add to the discussion, quit fucking talking.

Most of the weapons don't really have a meaningful way for them to bow out. And I'm not really sure its worth the effort of coming up with a unique scenario for each weapon, most would just feel cheap to be honest. They kinda locked themselves into an unsatisfactory ending with artifact weps when they implemented it, there was never a "clean" way to remove it that would've felt good.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Which makes zero sense for Warlocks.
    *shrug*

Don't main a warlock. Makes sense for my paladin, shaman, and druid though.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis