Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    *shrug*

Don't main a warlock. Makes sense for my paladin, shaman, and druid though.
    Well yeah, you picked all the lame classes.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Whose excited about trading in legendary daggers for "Kul'Trias Skinning Knife" green quest reward?
    I certainly am. Getting a new weapon was a big thing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Which makes zero sense for Warlocks.
    You may choose to be a jerk warlock but there is nothing that goes against Warlocks by sacrificing an Artifact to save Azeroth.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You may choose to be a jerk warlock but there is nothing that goes against Warlocks by sacrificing an Artifact to save Azeroth.
    Other than the fact that we're all about the acquisition of power, not the sacrifice of.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda want the shadow priest weapons and the other few infected with the void to merge into a monster

15+ Year Old Account
    Other than the fact that we're all about the acquisition of power, not the sacrifice of.
    Life Tap, Demonic Sacrifice, Dark Pact, Demon Bolt, Implosion, Drain Life etc. They all sacrifice things. Saving Azeroth will allow any Warlock to acquire more power. A lot of potential power disappears if Azeroth dies.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I mean to save the world you might be

"lul I have all the power"

*world ends

Doesn't seem like the best idea to me
    There are other worlds and we have an army of demons on a large floating rock. I think we'll be fine.

Which makes zero sense for Warlocks.
    And does the exact same source of AP having an equal effect on every specs artifact make any more sense ?
    It isn't about the manifestation or theme of that power.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Life Tap, Demonic Sacrifice, Dark Pact, Demon Bolt, Implosion, Drain Life etc. They all sacrifice things. Saving Azeroth will allow any Warlock to acquire more power. A lot of potential power disappears if Azeroth dies.
    Why did you include Demon Bolt or Drain Life in there? Neither of those are sacrificial in any capacity but the others are all sacrifices to gain power. No it won't, we already have more power in our three weapons than anything else on Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I dunno, my warlock is a good guy so he won't mind giving up his staff to save his home
    No he's not. You don't sacrifice and enslave demons or kill with spells that do so slowly while causing excruciating pain because you're a kind and gentle soul.

All of your examples could be met with a simple "no".

We can't say no to the way Blizzard is handling it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why did you include Demon Bolt or Drain Life in there? Neither of those are sacrificial in any capacity but the others are all sacrifices to gain power. No it won't, we already have more power in our three weapons than anything else on Azeroth.
    Says something doesn't fit warlocks but doesn't know warlocks. Okay. Demon Bolt sacrifices health of your currently summoned demons to empower the spell. Drain life sacrifices the health of a target to empower (heal) the warlock. If you have more power in 3 weapons then anything else on Azeroth then why can't we defeat the sword of Sargeras all on our own?

No he's not. You don't sacrifice and enslave demons or kill with spells that do so slowly while causing excruciating pain because you're a kind and gentle soul.
    Oh. You are one of those. All Warlocks have to be evil just because they deal with demons.

- I don't like what they've done, they could do better!
    *moves on to describe various scenarios, neither objectively better than what the creators of the game conjured up*

Says something doesn't fit warlocks but doesn't know warlocks. Okay. Demon Bolt sacrifices health of your currently summoned demons to empower the spell. Drain life sacrifices the health of a target to empower (heal) the warlock. If you have more power in 3 weapons then anything else on Azeroth then why can't we defeat the sword of Sargeras all on our own?

Oh. You are one of those. All Warlocks have to be evil just because they deal with demons.
    Okay, you're right about Demon Bolt but only because it's so useless I haven't had the need to read its tooltip. You're completely and utter wrong about Drain Life though since they're not sacrificing anything, you are taking their health from them. Because it's a sword and we have no reason to? I generally don't inanimate objects.

You don't have to be "evil" but you'll never be good. Ever.

You don't sacrifice and enslave demons or kill with spells that do so slowly while causing excruciating pain because you're a kind and gentle soul.
    We do what we must to protect Azeroth.
    If the binding of demons and utilization of their power is required to ensure the continuation of the Alliance then so be it.
    Same as the Demon Hunters do, just a different path.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, you're right about Demon Bolt but only because it's so useless I haven't had the need to read its tooltip. You're completely and utter wrong about Drain Life though since they're not sacrificing anything, you are taking their health from them. Because it's a sword and we have no reason to? I generally don't inanimate objects. You don't have to be "evil" but you'll never be good. Ever.
    Nothing is ever sacrificed by Warlocks then. Dark Pact we just take the health of our Demons. Demon Bolt we just take the health of our Demons. Demonic Sacrifice we just take all of the health of our Demons. Life Tap we just take the health of ourselves. You clearly don't understand what it means to be a Warlock yet keep talking as if you are an expert on them.

Good is subjective. If I use my Void Walker to hold up a wall that is about to fall on a child isn't that good?

If I use my succubus to knock back a stick of dynamite that is about to blow up in a crowd saving the lives of everyone isn't that good?

Again there is nothing inherently bad or evil about being a Warlock. Besides you taking umbrage to saving Azeroth when we just spent an entire expansion saving Azeroth is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just knew a topic like this was going to be made.

Since I can't really hurt Sargeras himself this sacrifice is worthy enough for my weapons.

But I'm only a DH so I might not be as attached to my weapon as let's say a ret Pala.

Nothing is ever sacrificed by Warlocks then. Dark Pact we just take the health of our Demons. Demon Bolt we just take the health of our Demons. Demonic Sacrifice we just take all of the health of our Demons. Life Tap we just take the health of ourselves. You clearly don't understand what it means to be a Warlock yet keep talking as if you are an expert on them.

Good is subjective. If I use my Void Walker to hold up a wall that is about to fall on a child isn't that good?

If I use my succubus to knock back a stick of dynamite that is about to blow up in a crowd saving the lives of everyone isn't that good?

Again there is nothing inherently bad or evil about being a Warlock. Besides you taking umbrage to saving Azeroth when we just spent an entire expansion saving Azeroth is stupid.
    I'm going to stop responding to you now because your constant grasping at straws makes me want to bash my head against a wall.

Well yeah, you picked all the lame classes.
    Funny way to spell "best"! :P

I do like my warlock though, I used him as my main during HFC when we lost our 3 warlocks and needed one.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to stop responding to you now because your constant grasping at straws makes me want to bash my head against a wall.
    Lol. I point out flaws in your statements and I am grasping at straws? You accept Dark Pact as a sacrifice when it is taking health from our demon to create a shield. But you don't except Drain Life when it is taking health from a target to heal the warlock. Same thing. Absorbs are essentially a heal.

Warlocks can be good. There is nothing inherently evil, bad, or any other term you want to put in or out of quotes to infer non-good. It is how they behave and act that determines if they are good, bad, or somewhere in between. It is why a Paladin can be evil. Or a Death Knight good. Or a Priest evil.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Farthing was a Bishop of the Holy Light. According to you he couldn't be evil because he was a priest of the light. And they have to be good because of A)Priest and B) Light. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Archbishop_Benedictus also turned evil (or always was).

Just because you are stuck on stereotypes and can't accept anything else doesn't mean I am grasping at straws. It just means you are wrong yet again on something in this thread. People who miss use idioms is almost as big of a pet peeve as those who go "Hur Dur warlocks evil".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    - I don't like what they've done, they could do better!
    *moves on to describe various scenarios, neither objectively better than what the creators of the game conjured up*
    Well any scenario is better than using a special action button in silithus and having them disappear. How is Ashbringer on the same powerlevel compared to let's say, Titanstrike, when it comes to healing a planet?