Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

No one interested in achievements?

Hi

I have been searching for months, countless of hours for people who want to do some achievements in Overwatch. Not only the seasonal ones, but character achievements as well.

Especially the "Kill 4 people with this ultimate" types. These are brutal when you reach higher ranks and levels, as people aren't bad enough to stay so clustered during a D.Va bomb for instance. And no, you don't get these automatically in time

The easiest way to do these is to queue with a Zarya who will trap the enemy team for you while you ulti (or possibly a Mei).

The problem is, that I asked all my friends, on tons of fansites, on this site, on Overwatch official forums and in tons actual quick play games. I can NEVER find even ONE person who want to do some achivements.

Why is the interest of achievments so low in this game? Are they too hard? Has everyone already done all at lower rank/level when they were easier? Is the reward (sprays) too small?

HOW can a big active game have such a DEAD achievement hunting community. I have no trouble at all finding people for achivements in Diablo 3 or WoW.

What do you think of achievements in Overwatch?

AND does anyone want to do achievements with me? Especially the 4 kills with ultimate ones. We take turns playing Zarya to help each other in Quick play of course!

If you need to rig it you havent achieved anything.

I think it's more so that people don't care about the two sprays you get on most. The achievements in Overwatch don't reward much so people aren't worried about them. You can get them all through normal gameplay, but obviously coordinating to get them is easier.

There's a few I despise, but to me they aren't important and will casually do it. Off the top of my head it's the Lucio lava one and Doomfist hitting 6 people with Ult I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If you need to rig it you havent achieved anything.
    Don't want the challenge, don't want the feeling of accomplishment, don't want satisfaction of doing it, I just want the spray!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I think it's more so that people don't care about the two sprays you get on most. The achievements in Overwatch don't reward much so people aren't worried about them. You can get them all through normal gameplay, but obviously coordinating to get them is easier.

There's a few I despise, but to me they aren't important and will casually do it. Off the top of my head it's the Lucio lava one and Doomfist hitting 6 people with Ult I think.
    Yes, you get many of them by play the game normally, but some are just INSANE.

Rapid Discord with Zenyatta, Some of the "kill 4 with ulti" like McCree or D.Va, who are both very slow, I mean when you hear "High noon" or "Nerf this" you often have plenty of time to hide

But yeah, BY FAR the hardest and close to IMPOSSIBLE is Doomfist hit 6 with 1 ulti.

If you are on PC there is a Discord for farming achievements: https://discord.gg/xdTnpZ

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Rapid Discord with Zenyatta, Some of the "kill 4 with ulti" like McCree or D.Va, who are both very slow, I mean when you hear "High noon" or "Nerf this" you often have plenty of time to hide

But yeah, BY FAR the hardest and close to IMPOSSIBLE is Doomfist hit 6 with 1 ulti.
    Zarya ult or rein slam. Ez pz.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Zarya ult or rein slam. Ez pz.
    In theory yes. However, it's far from that simple. One shall remember that chasing achievements is normally done in Quick Play. I don't want to mess up my rating or ruin for the team and get reported for griefing in competitive, hence quick play.

And in quick play, it's VERY VERY rare to ever seen 4+ people together. Almost EVERY single game has a Widowmaker and/or a Hanzo that will be far away from the others. And even if they don't have those heroes, people tend to do stupid things like running in alone etc. Almost at ALL times, a few people tend to be dead in the enemy team. So to even have 4+ people near eachother is almost non existing in quick play.

And remember, it's quick play, people tend not to care at all about winning or even about going towards objectives.

Even if you have people near eachother, how common is a Reinhardt in quick play? I see one maybe every 15 game or so. Most of them don't communicate either, so if I try to talk to them to time their ulti with me, it's usually no point as they will just stun whenever they feel like it. And don't get me started on Zarya, to see a Zarya in your team, that happens maybe twice as rarely, every 30th game or so.

There are so many if's. I need a teammate Zarya, I need him/her to communicate, I need them to actually hit their ulti in a good way and I need the enemy team to be together. To match all this, it's extremely unlikely.

AND remember, the other team might not be useless. They might do healing ultis etc for the Zarya ulti etc, even if they are caugth it's no guaratee I will kill them all if I time my D'va ulti.

All in all, it's FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from "Ez pz" as you describe.

The solution is simple, I need a premade group! BUT I don't know anyone who play Overwatch. So, does anyone want to do these with me? I need D'va, McCree, Bastion and Genji's achievement that require 4 kills with one ultimate. Yes, Genji is A LOT easier than the other 3 but I can't play Genji! So I need a Zarya preferably. We OF COURSE take turns, and I will play Zarya too and help you with your achievements!
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2017-12-08 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get all of m achievements with Zarya or Rein ults in Competitive. Why would you try for them in QP without a group? That's just silly. Just play the hero and eventually a Zarya or situation will get you the achievement.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    In theory yes. However, it's far from that simple. One shall remember that chasing achievements is normally done in Quick Play. I don't want to mess up my rating or ruin for the team and get reported for griefing in competitive, hence quick play.
    I got the majority of mine in competitive. There's are far greater chance your team will be coordinated and you'll earn them by accident just by setting up good plays.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Comp is not really good advice in this particular regard imo; ie. naturally most of my missing achievements are on characters I don't play that much and thus aren't nearly as good at, so taking those characters to ranked play hoping for achievements would be rather asinine and self-destructive of me. I assume this would apply to most people who might be interested in achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get them by accident in Competitive... I mean, if I even played Bastion there I prolly get reported enough to get banned.

Besides, I can't play McCree or Genji even close to good enough for competitive.

11 hours so far McCree chasing his achievement and (only) 6 for Bastion chasing their achivements and I'm starting to lose my mind.

And sadly, there is no tradeable ingame currency to buy help and if I use non-ingame currency I could get banned.

I will never forgive Blizzard for these kind of achivs...

10+ Year Old Account
    That the most entitled attitude I've seen. You don't enjoy or really have skill at playing a game but you blame them for giving achievements in it. That's not really ok.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    That the most entitled attitude I've seen. You don't enjoy or really have skill at playing a game but you blame them for giving achievements in it. That's not really ok.
    I hardly consider my attitude entitled.

You should not judge my skill, that comes off as ignorant. I am really good at the heroes I do play, which are about 10 I consider I master. I can play the rest and in total all heroes at a good or decent level.

However, even if I consider myself pretty good or decent at worst, Bastions achievement for instance is very RNG based and will prolly take 100+ ultimates to clear.

Regardless how skilled you are, unless you are a bastion GOD who play him 24/7, this is crazy hard due to the RNG. I am at a decent SR as well as pretty high level. I don't play with much noobs and to be honest, to kill non-noobs with Bastions ulti is barely doable. He is too easy to dodge, counter or kill during his ulti. I basically need them to be AFK to kill 4.

Most people are not Bastion mains or Bastion gods. So for most people this achievement is broken and poorly designed. It's not "entitled" to acknowledged ACTUAL bad game design. I know you are a typical fanboy who thinks EVERYTHING Blizzard does is good, but please try to be a bit openminded here... Blizzard DOES make mistakes, and a lot of achievements in Overwatch is proof of that!

I have 0 interest in achievements since they existed in the Xbox.

However I will say to those here that if you want to get them, communicate to your group and provide helpful suggestions other than "I need the achievement to beat this on Hard so lets get it!"

Actual strategy and communication is best such as "you 4 stay together and me and him will try to flush him out, this match"

To often someone tries to get some achievement in a game but dont bother communicating so they just get themselves killed and make it harder for all of us
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

You should not judge my skill, that comes off as ignorant. I am really good at the heroes I do play, which are about 10 I consider I master. I can play the rest and in total all heroes at a good or decent level.

However, even if I consider myself pretty good or decent at worst, Bastions achievement for instance is very RNG based and will prolly take 100+ ultimates to clear.

Regardless how skilled you are, unless you are a bastion GOD who play him 24/7, this is crazy hard due to the RNG. I am at a decent SR as well as pretty high level. I don't play with much noobs and to be honest, to kill non-noobs with Bastions ulti is barely doable. He is too easy to dodge, counter or kill during his ulti. I basically need them to be AFK to kill 4.

Most people are not Bastion mains or Bastion gods. So for most people this achievement is broken and poorly designed. It's not "entitled" to acknowledged ACTUAL bad game design. I know you are a typical fanboy who thinks EVERYTHING Blizzard does is good, but please try to be a bit openminded here... Blizzard DOES make mistakes, and a lot of achievements in Overwatch is proof of that!
    It sounds entitled because you call an 'achievement' bad design. I would not call it bad design, they're meant to be a hallmark of something exceptional.

Otherwise? Tank the fuck out of your ELO. Then farm Bronzies (QP probably attracts a lot less rage).

Or queue with lower ELO friends, that works too. I got a lot of mine in QP just piss-farting around.

Edit: Oh does the arcade let you get them? I remember capture the flag was a bloodbath, could farm in those.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-12-11 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    Edit: Oh does the arcade let you get them? I remember capture the flag was a bloodbath, could farm in those.
    No, only QP and Comp count.

10+ Year Old Account

You should not judge my skill, that comes off as ignorant.
    You aren't good enough to get achievements on some heroes (I don't have them all either, so that's not really ignorant as much as stating a fact) so you attack blizzard saying you will 'never forgive them' for putting achievements in a game. Entitled was the friendliest word I could assign this illogical thought pattern.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't good enough to get achievements on some heroes (I don't have them all either, so that's not really ignorant as much as stating a fact) so you attack blizzard saying you will 'never forgive them' for putting achievements in a game. Entitled was the friendliest word I could assign this illogical thought pattern.
    You are so crazy ignorant, I don't see much point in talking to you.

But I try. I DO have the skill for it BUT It's a HUGE difference between mastering a hero and doing that heroes achievement. Skill DOES NOT MATTER for some of these, ONLY RNG does, if you don't realize this you have not put any effort into these achievements and you have NO knowledge at all of them. Some achievements ARE simply broken, and regardless how skilled you are, you will play an endless amount of games to get them.

Of all the countless hours I spent researching these achivement as well as doing some and attempting others, I've realized how poorly some of them are designed. As someone who has 97% achievements in WoW and 99,5% in Diablo 3 as an example, I do tend to read up on everything achivement related. I DO know what I am talking about. EVERY SINGLE GAME EVER MADE with achivements have some that are completely broken.

The best example in Overwatch is Doomfists achievement Cratered.

I dare you to find ONE player who has done this. This is completely broken and bad designed. NO ONE can think the requirements for this is legit, not even you. You need to hit 6 players with 1 meteor strike, and let me tell you, this is impossible, or at least as close to impossible as it can get. This is not only the hardest achivement in Overwatch, but it might just be one of the hardest achivements ever made in the history of the video game industry. Doing this is not a challenge. Doing this is not a testement to how good or skilled you are with doomfist. Doing this is a MIRACLE.

You are so crazy ignorant, I don't see much point in talking to you.

But I try. I DO have the skill for it BUT It's a HUGE difference between mastering a hero and doing that heroes achievement. Skill DOES NOT MATTER for some of these, ONLY RNG does, if you don't realize this you have not put any effort into these achievements and you have NO knowledge at all of them. Some achievements ARE simply broken, and regardless how skilled you are, you will play an endless amount of games to get them.

Of all the countless hours I spent researching these achivement as well as doing some and attempting others, I've realized how poorly some of them are designed. As someone who has 97% achievements in WoW and 99,5% in Diablo 3 as an example, I do tend to read up on everything achivement related. I DO know what I am talking about. EVERY SINGLE GAME EVER MADE with achivements have some that are completely broken.

The best example in Overwatch is Doomfists achievement Cratered.

I dare you to find ONE player who has done this. This is completely broken and bad designed. NO ONE can think the requirements for this is legit, not even you. You need to hit 6 players with 1 meteor strike, and let me tell you, this is impossible, or at least as close to impossible as it can get. This is not only the hardest achivement in Overwatch, but it might just be one of the hardest achivements ever made in the history of the video game industry. Doing this is not a challenge. Doing this is not a testement to how good or skilled you are with doomfist. Doing this is a MIRACLE.
    That achievement isn't easy but if you have the patience it seems doable? You just have to be willing to throw games in the name of getting the enemy team to cluster (aka people have a tendency to cluster on the point in overtime etc.). It would take many attempts and probably gaming your ELO to find that spot where players are good enough to get on the point, but also stupid enough to get on the point and not dying of boredom.

I'll admit 6 people is...harsh compared to the usual 3/4 of the other achievement though. I'm not saying it's broke, I'm saying the difficulty is more inconsistent than the usual inconsistency between the other heroes.

Have you considered that getting those achievements are supposed to be for people who have 'mastered' a hero? So you may have to 'skill' to mechanically perform the trick, but you don't have it to get it within the situation it was envisioned. Is it unfun? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuark yes, I'll agree it's unfun to put such a high bar on it (4 seems reasonable). But your argument is skill, which doesn't hold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WPOUQjkIlI

Found someone. You under estimate the power of bulk attempts (especially from multiple people). I do agree with his points for what it's worth. I've basically said the same things.

The good news though? The amount of games you'll have to play is large, you'd be very fuckin good at Doomfist by the time you get it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    That achievement isn't easy but if you have the patience it seems doable? You just have to be willing to throw games in the name of getting the enemy team to cluster (aka people have a tendency to cluster on the point in overtime etc.). It would take many attempts and probably gaming your ELO to find that spot where players are good enough to get on the point, but also stupid enough to get on the point and not dying of boredom.

I'll admit 6 people is...harsh compared to the usual 3/4 of the other achievement though. I'm not saying it's broke, I'm saying the difficulty is more inconsistent than the usual inconsistency between the other heroes.

Have you considered that getting those achievements are supposed to be for people who have 'mastered' a hero? So you may have to 'skill' to mechanically perform the trick, but you don't have it to get it within the situation it was envisioned. Is it unfun? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuark yes, I'll agree it's unfun to put such a high bar on it (4 seems reasonable). But your argument is skill, which doesn't hold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WPOUQjkIlI

Found someone. You under estimate the power of bulk attempts (especially from multiple people). I do agree with his points for what it's worth. I've basically said the same things.

The good news though? The amount of games you'll have to play is large, you'd be very fuckin good at Doomfist by the time you get it!
    I see your point, I really do.

But I do disagree to a certain degree. Anyone, whether it's the first Doomfist game or their 1000th, can do a meteor strike. The ability itself is very basic and it has a very, very low skillcap. You will improve after 1000 games, yes, but your ability to use that ability will not improve much.

My point is, more or less, the worst doomfist has almost the very same chance of getting it as the very best, as it's so extremely situation depending. I mean, think about it, how many times do YOU get hit by a doomfist's meteor? You ONLY get hit if he target ONLY YOU. If he use it to nuke a site, it's extremely easy, a joke infact, to get out in time.

Same thing about D.Va. She is my new main as of a few months. I do consider myself to more or less master her and I have gotten a really good winrate with her. I still lack the achivement. Why? Because I don't find myself in any situation ever, where people are bad enough to get hit by it. We win game after game and I use her ability to clear points. I have killed 3 of 4 people, maybe 50 times, but that 4th keeps eluding me. I'm only at soon 3000 SR but still, people aren't really that nooby at this level and D.Vas explode is even easier to dodge than doomfists metoer. I have seen D.Vas get it their very first game, and a friend of mine, who has over 200 hours D.Va, got it far, far after 100 hours, and he play D.Va at almost 4000 SR. We both agree, it's a RNG-achivement.

Skill DOES matter for A LOT of situations, but NOT MUCH when it comes to hunting RNG-based achievements like these.