Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue tuning for Dec. 5th.

Outlaw

-All damage abilities increased by 4%.

Assassination

-Regalia of the Dashing Scoundrel 4-piece – Your Deadly or Wound Poison critical strike now generate 3 Energy (was 2 Energy).

Subtlety

-Regalia of the Dashing Scoundrel 4-piece – Backstab and Shadowstrike now have a 4% chance (was 3%) to grant Shadow Gestures.

Gee, blizz, maybe you should re-design that crappy sub 4-set or at least somehow make it work in AoE. The assassin tier bonus buff is ok, but I still think that it needed an aura buff. Outlaw buff is cool too I guess.

Seems a bit tame. Perhaps they’re realizing aura buffs are a bad way to do things with some classes.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They dont really sound enough to be meaningful at all except maybe assassin.

Sub you may never even see an increase in a fight because its only 1% on an already low proc %

meh.. rogue still garbage.. can't wait to bottom meters in a couple of weeks

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused on why they would buff outlaw of all things.

It looks like the first round of tuning. Sub 4-piece really needs to be revamped and not just some % increase. If it stays like this, sub would sink to the lower tier when ilvl goes up and the rest of the DPS gets their more superior tier pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Despite what sims say, this raid is terrible for outlaw rogues. By far the worst spec in the game for that raid. Too much movement and downtime, and eonar is really the only boss where you can take advantage of blade flurry.

Deleted
    outlaw is the worst specc in the game.

Deleted
    dfa is also shitty, sin seems to be at a good spot. even with that buff. so much cleave

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    outlaw is the worst specc in the game.
    Sims say it's mut, though, so obviously outlaw CAN do good dps

Sims say it's mut, though, so obviously outlaw CAN do good dps
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17

Sims don't always paint the full picture, especially in this raid. The outlaw buff was expected, but it really doesn't fix too much. I honestly thought sub's tier bonus was going to be buffed more, but blizz seems to think it is fine for some reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post

Sims don't always paint the full picture, especially in this raid. The outlaw buff was expected, but it really doesn't fix too much. I honestly thought sub's tier bonus was going to be buffed more, but blizz seems to think it is fine for some reason.
    The thing is though is that all the good rogues are playing sub still, so of course it's low. You have to take parse numbers into account as well. Plus nobody has mythic antorus gear yet, which is why it was simming high.

Outlaw is simming high in large part due to golganeth's empowerment effect. Until people 1) have that and 2) have enough people in the raid to reliably proc it outlaw isn't gunna look great.

Deleted
    A 4% buff for Outlaw... To me, this sounds like a nice finger raised to the rogue face :

Same for Assassination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Outlaw is simming high in large part due to golganeth's empowerment effect. Until people 1) have that and 2) have enough people in the raid to reliably proc it outlaw isn't gunna look great.
    Are you pointing at bad design ? ;-)
    "You will no more suck when you have a trinket that shows progress is over..."

Why are you guys using 75%? Not 95%? Or 99%? Where Outlaw and Assa are both on the bottom.

The thing is though is that all the good rogues are playing sub still, so of course it's low. You have to take parse numbers into account as well. Plus nobody has mythic antorus gear yet, which is why it was simming high.
    Maybe that's the point: if Blizzard throws out buffs like that, maybe some people will go "Hey, I'll try Outlaw" and the skill disparity will lessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    Are you pointing at bad design ? ;-)
    "You will no more suck when you have a trinket that shows progress is over..."
    Since when does a trinket that drops on normal mode show that progress is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Guess he's decided that world first happening two weeks in means progress is done for all the other guilds that will take 1 month or longer to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    GL getting the trinket on enough people in the first month even. There are only 2 tanks in a raid, and you need at least 1 on them(apart from super lucky amanthul drop for someone who can substitute tank trinket). Then healers, again 4-5 spots that need it, more likely, but still.

A bandage fix for a flawed spec.
    At the end of mythic progression we need another flat damage increase since scaling is so poor.
    This might actually be the 5th time Outlaw had a flat damage increase this expansion? I lost count..