View Poll Results: Are you sick of demons?

Voters
322. This poll is closed
  • Yes

193 59.94%
  • No

129 40.06%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The demons and fel have been a huge part of wow lore and gameplay since warcraft 3. And many people have enjoyed the game becuse of them. But I think we can all agree that they have played their part now. And they got an awesome ending with their leader stabbing the planet in his final act before being imprisoned.

And yes at this point im pretty tired of Argus and all the demon corrupted places in Broken Isles. Don't get me wrong tho: I still enjoy the game I just think it's time for something new.

I pray for BFA to be released sooner than later. In fact I still have some small hopes Blizzard will surprise us when we least expect it!

One of the main problems with the orcs was the architecture surrounding them. SoO, BRF, and HFC all had the same basic aesthetic: Iron Horde. The inside of BRF and the Orgrimmar section of SoO look extremely similar especially, and HFC is just that but with a green tint). Combine that with the fact that many of the dungeons shared the same architecture (Iron Docks, Grimrail Depot), and you're in for a real visual burnout.

Compare that with the demons:
    The demons in HFC were in Iron Horde architecture
    The demons in EN were in an Old God-corrupted forest
    The demons in Nighthold were in a Nightborne metropolis city
    The demons in the ToS were in a Night Elf ruin
    The demons in Antorus are in an actual demon fortress
    Although we were fighting the same type of mobs, the environments were vastly different, leading to less burnout (I think).

However, I feel like most players are absolutely done with black ground and green pools of sludge.

Fine with demons, but heartily suck of green lava. No more lava levels, Blizzard. Red or green. Please.

Far more sick of Draenei architecture and Draenei in general. Cannot stand their accents or their buildings or their look. Awful.

Dark mixed with fel green can fall off a cliff.

Orcs are just Orcs. No variation.

Demons come in all shapes and sizes and are thus more interesting imo

Sick of the Legion. The hurr durr “I will crush you mortalz11!!”.

I wouldn’t mind seeing demons in different roles in the story. I was never really sick of Orcs. I just hated everything about WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    So total 20 demons VS 17 orcs and yet I can't see whiny posts that there are too many demons. So, why? Are demons more @pretty@ and cool than orcs? Personally I am not sick of both races, but I am confused why people are fine with so many demons yet they were not fine with so many orcs.
    P.S. I know I could miscalculated a bit, but even if it was 15 demons vs 17 orcs it would still be relevant.
    When people say "I'm tired of orcs", usually they're not talking about killing raid bosses. It's more about development. WoD was (roughly) 65% orcs, 20% draenei, 15% demons. Not to mention that, mid-SoO and on, we have huge developments for the orcs in the form of Garrosh's campaign into Pandaria, the Barrens assault, and Siege of Orgrimmar. Cata didn't have much in the way of orcs other than "super-Jesus-Thrall-in-your-face-all-the-time", what with his marriage, then having ot rescue him from the elements.

It's not a case of "count the raid bosses". It's more to do with the pervasiveness of certain themes, visuals, and cultures in WoW across long periods of time. SoO through to Legion had a heavy orc influence across large swathes of the content, from questing hubs to dungeons to raids. HfC through to the end of Legion has suffered a similar problem with demons, but they paced it out much better initially by having the demons in the background rather than at the forefront. There was a lot of Elven, Tauren, and Vrykul culture in Legion alongside the demon stuff. It's mostly only been the Broken Shore > Argus period that's seen minimal variation in visuals, enemy types, and the whole demonic vibe. The demon aesthetic has definitely gotten old, but I think that's mostly because the Legion as a whole is just a really dull entity compared to Orcs, who at least had varied cultures and goals despite being even more overused.

Just going out on a limb here but if 'too many orcs' was an actual reason why people hate WoD they haven't looked at that expansion hard enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I miss sac being a viable option

I'm not sick of demons like I'm sick of orcs and fucking trolls, but they've had a good run and it's time to kill something else for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    na he is just a High Elf gone bad.
    Not sure if trolling, but Xavius was never a high elf. He was a highborne night elf turned satyr, which is a demon.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It feels like every single demon in Legion has the same general personality.

"Kneel or die!" "I will use your soul for fuel!" "I'll return if you kill me!" blah, blah.

I don't know what changed, but the Burning Legion's soldiers felt really bland this expansion for the most part. Although there are exceptions -- and those exceptions were usually just blind arrogance from demons that got cut down like fools, learning nothing from their predecessors -- it feels a lot like we won simply because the Burning Legion was incredibly inept, used no strategy, and treated themselves as invincible. Honestly, I want to see what becomes of the Burning Legion now that their hubris is forever broken.

I have enjoyed Legion and its story, though. I don't expect perfect writing and killing demons with these kinds of attitudes is, well... satisfying. That's probably the point, right?

Naturally, though, at the end of every expansion I tend to get tired of whatever theme they used. Mists of Pandaria is the only expansion where I didn't feel burned out by anything by the end of the expansion.

So yeah, I am sure I'll be tired of Legion's theme eventually, but for now, I'm still sort of okay with it. I am really interested in BfA's content, though, but hey... that's another story.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2017-12-05 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Cut some of the post out.

The difference between Demons and Orcs is that Demons are not only one race so there is more of variety

oh noes too many demons on a legion world.

what the fuck did you expect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard could've done so many cool things with the Legion and demons but lore and story department continues to be one of the worst shithole in the industry. Such a fucking shame.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Orcs are orcs - muscular and obnoxiously loud.

Demons are more varied. On the other hand, even a fucking little imp will call you "mortal". Don't know if blizz tried to send some message here, but it gets old really fast.

At least legion added more types of demons, the only thing WoD added to orcs were the pale orcs, but those somehow disappear by the time you kill Tectus.

I'm not sick of demons. I do have 3 warlocks after all.

That said I'm sick of the color green and have been for a while. I was thinking about this while doing Antorus last week and it really hit me twice. The first time was on the very first boss. The transition phase came up and we stacked in front of the green fire spewing green robot and I narrowly missed his giant green beam attack. This attack is represented by a green void zone on the green/gray ground which has a green druid healing circle on top of it. The second time I noticed it was when I went from another green void zone spewing boss in a green room to the Eonar fight which looks so completely out of place that I felt like the color blind people on Youtube who put their special glasses on for the first time.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The daemons at least are pretty varied in terms of looks and types. Shit even Tomb had a bunch of stuff that wasn't daemonic and besides a few bosses (obviously KJ), didn't really even seem that daemonic a zone. That was fine with me. Obviously EN wasn't daemonic and Nighthold only had a couple of daemons, so the raids have been pretty light on daemons for a Legion expansion.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Warlock main, I can never be sick of demons. My fondest WoW memories are from TBC so this is all pretty up my alley tbh.