View Poll Results: Are you sick of demons?

Voters
322. This poll is closed
  • Yes

193 59.94%
  • No

129 40.06%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Valshara, Aszuna were probably the best leveling zones Blizzard has ever done.

Suramar was good too to do once and Argus as well.

These zones had good story driven questing imo.

Highmountain and Stormheim were pretty bad though imo.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Valshara, Aszuna were probably the best leveling zones Blizzard has ever done.

Suramar was good too to do once and Argus as well.

These zones had good story driven questing imo.

Highmountain and Stormheim were pretty bad though imo.
    I agree for the most part. I like Stormheim, but that initial scenario gets on my nerves.

I love the questing in Valshara.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I actually like questing in Highmountain. I just don't know why. The story is meh but I just found the place relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    I am confused why people are fine with so many demons yet they were not fine with so many orcs.
    It's because demons are baddies. You just accept them as villains. Fighting orcs on the other hand for Alliance players creates the impression of a Horde centric expansion, while for Horde players it feels as if they were constantly killing their own kind, and murking monsters that look like every other dude they see in Orgrimmar on a daily basis. Very easy to get fed up with that.

Plus, your comparison is quite off, because there's all these different types of demons, while orcs are just orcs. There's at least 7x the variety in fighting demons compared to orcs.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I actually like questing in Highmountain. I just don't know why. The story is meh but I just found the place relaxing.
    Yeah, i hated HM in alpha, but somehow it became my go-to zone for leveling new chars. Despite its boring brown tone, and even more boring Tauren themes i just sort of ended up preferring it over other zones.

I absolutely loath Stormheim though.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Yeah, i hated HM in alpha, but somehow it became my go-to zone for leveling new chars. Despite its boring brown tone, and even more boring Tauren themes i just sort of ended up preferring it over other zones.

I absolutely loath Stormheim though.
    I liked Stormheim more once flying mounts became available.

Nah. I am still sick of trolls though, and they're going to be one of the primary focuses of the next expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Not really. I was really sick of orcs. Demons, not so much. It was good.

What I am sick of is the colors green, grey and brown. I would like a different art direction. Maybe some beachy troll things, or *GASP* some original stuff. Enough with the war torn "realistic" stretches of dirt.

Aesthetically? Nah, they don't have the orc problem of having 0 variety. "Harhar we better than u puny mortal that killed 50 demons while I watched!" taunts? Yep. Also tired of the legion "architecture" it'd have been far more interesting if different demons had had some sort of semblance of cultural differences, although I fully understand there is a big art limitation when it comes to that if you don't want HFC to last an extra 2 years

I am curious if you are tired of killing demons, because during WoD I heard constantly on mmo-champion as well that THERE ARE TOO MANY ORCS. Considering the whining was because 2 expansions had orcs, let's count how many orc bosses and demon bosses we had in raids during WoD and Pandaria:
    Mogu - 0 orcs
    HoF - 0 orcs
    Terrace - 0 orcs
    ToT - 0 orcs
    SoO - 6 orcs(counting single bosses)
    Highmaul - 1 orc
    BrF - 7 orcs
    HfC - 3 orcs

So total: 17 orcs, now let's count Legion bosses
    EN - 1
    ToV - 0
    Nighthold - 2 demons
    Tomb - 4 demons
    Antorus - 8 demons
    And previous expansion
    Hfc - 5 demons

So total 20 demons VS 17 orcs and yet I can't see whiny posts that there are too many demons. So, why? Are demons more @pretty@ and cool than orcs? Personally I am not sick of both races, but I am confused why people are fine with so many demons yet they were not fine with so many orcs.
    P.S. I know I could miscalculated a bit, but even if it was 15 demons vs 17 orcs it would still be relevant.
    People don't whine about the same way because demons aren't directly comparable to orcs. Demon is a general term for many races, such as Eredar, Nathrezim, Annihilan and more. Orcs, and trolls before them, don't have this much variety to not bore you.

I'm sure other would have mentioned this already but I haven't read other posts.

What I'm sick of is more that the endgame zones in Legion are all the same. Green, full of demons and monotonous. I get it that demons use fel magic and they destroy any living thing on their path but it gets old really fast.

I like variety in the scenery and Mc'Aree is probably my favorite endgame zone in Legion just because it looks different and gives some kind of idea of how Argus once was.

Wish we could explore more of the face of Argus, the current zones feel awfully small compared to the rest of the planet..

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sick of spider bosses.

Vanilla, WOTLK, CATA, MoP, WoD, Legion...

DAMN IT!

Would be curious to know whether people think WoTLK did a better job stretching its palate and theme.

I thought WoTLK was phenomenal art-wise (except Boring Tundra, wtf). Howling Fjord was an experience unto itself - the music, the art, the enemies. There were random spots of interest like salt flats or jungle. And I'll never forget the oppressive, cold feeling of the Lich King's castle: This immense fortress surrounded by gloom and patrolled by dangerous undead.

This expac has been well-done too, though. Val'Sharah is one of my favorite zones to date. I did hate - hate - Highmountain, though. The "green fiery demons" assets were way overused after the Broken Shore, though. I felt like they could have been more creative with Argus.

We've hardly seen any demons. Until Argus & Antorus they were almost nonexistent in Legion.

I am kind of sick of "fel" though. Fel this, fel that.... demons used to be interesting, now they're just "RARRR GREEN STUFF!".

Quote Originally Posted by adqo View Post
    I hate to say that, but if you are tired of something, then you are playing the wrong game, reading the wrong fantasy story.

Wether you are a Alliance or Horde and you are sick of orcs, humans or murlocs or any other entity that is existing in this lore, it's all in you.

There would be no Alliance without orcs and trolls, there would be no Horde without demons and their story is coming to an end and if YOU are not enjoying it, then I have really bad news for you. You are tired of warcraft story itself.
    You should get off your high horse and let people discuss aesthetics in peace. OP is definitely not the only one tired of the black'n fel colourscheme. I was sick of it already after HFC. A full expansion with even more fel has just done me in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Would be curious to know whether people think WoTLK did a better job stretching its palate and theme.

I thought WoTLK was phenomenal art-wise (except Boring Tundra, wtf). Howling Fjord was an experience unto itself - the music, the art, the enemies. There were random spots of interest like salt flats or jungle. And I'll never forget the oppressive, cold feeling of the Lich King's castle: This immense fortress surrounded by gloom and patrolled by dangerous undead.

This expac has been well-done too, though. Val'Sharah is one of my favorite zones to date. I did hate - hate - Highmountain, though. The "green fiery demons" assets were way overused after the Broken Shore, though. I felt like they could have been more creative with Argus.
    I think so, but they also stretched the zones out a bit so you had a lot of nothing in between the points of interest. I liked this, and feel like maybe the newer expansions suffer a bit from being filled with too much stuff. Gives me a claustrophobic sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Demons and Undead are the 2 most varied enemies in the game and enjoy fighting them.

Only suggestion I'd give to Blizz is to stop making them all green-themed. I know Fel is green, but Demons can also use SHADOW purple, FIRE orange/yellow and BLOOD red colors as well.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I am not sick of Demons. I am stick of looking at their purple-gray fields covered with pools and lakes of fel-green water and their green-brass-gray ships.

There's a reason why I hate two zones in Argus and adore Mac'aree.

10+ Year Old Account
    So total 20 demons VS 17 orcs and yet I can't see whiny posts that there are too many demons. So, why? Are demons more @pretty@ and cool than orcs? Personally I am not sick of both races, but I am confused why people are fine with so many demons yet they were not fine with so many orcs.
    P.S. I know I could miscalculated a bit, but even if it was 15 demons vs 17 orcs it would still be relevant.
    Demons come in various forms and shapes. Since they are "fel versions" of other races, you have a lot of options to choose from.
    A good comparison would have been 17 orcs vs, for example, 20 bosses that are all wrathguards. I assure you players would (rightfully) be angry. The orcs may be different in color and grow some appendages, with the most interesting being Gorefiend in HFC; demons are widely different.

what I'm sick of and have been for years is Trolls, troll zones, troll raids , troll dungeons.

Demons are fine.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ View Post
    what I'm sick of and have been for years is Trolls, troll zones, troll raids , troll dungeons.

Demons are fine.
    Troll raids for years? ZQ and ZA are the only Troll Raids, and neithet of them is not even a raid anymore.
    (Old) Sunken Temple, Gundrak and later ZA/ZG are the only Troll Dungeons.

So, 2 (or 0) Troll raid and 2 (or 4) Troll dungeons of ~200 total instances.. That's less than 2%...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2017-12-08 at 12:42 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/