Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Buff our mythic+ and then nerf it.. lmao

I am honestly done with this spec. I would argue that you would have to be very stupid to pick shadow priest in BfA even if changes look "fun". Do not fucking do it, if you want to dps just pick one of the core DPS classes which will always have a good spec. ALWAYS. Honestly, the amount of shit this spec has gone through this expansion holy fuck if you are still playing it in BfA you gotta be special. There is literally so much shit. Fresh 110. No legendaires. Want to meet dps on simcraft? Get 17k haste. 3 Chest Runs? Remember those? Holy doing more dmg in lower mythic+? I Can literally go for ages. Nah fk this spec.
    Last edited by mmoc710d570703; 2017-12-05 at 12:25 AM.

Yea the 12% nerf to our dots essentially is a 8-10% DPS loss if I'm looking at my logs. RIP
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankess View Post
    I am honestly done with this spec. I would argue that you would have to be very stupid to pick shadow priest in BfA even if changes look "fun". Do not fucking do it, if you want to dps just pick one of the core DPS classes which will always have a good spec. ALWAYS. Honestly, the amount of shit this spec has gone through this expansion holy fuck if you are still playing it in BfA you gotta be special.
    This is exactly why i went back to lock 2 tiers in :[ .. options do help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Yea the 12% nerf to our dots essentially is a 8-10% DPS loss if I'm looking at my logs. RIP
    So your dots account for 75% of your dps ? You are probably doing it wrong.

The nerf is almost neutral on single target because of the +3% dmg on the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    So your dots account for 75% of your dps ? You are probably doing it wrong.

The nerf is almost neutral on single target because of the +3% dmg on the rest.
    Yep. I cast Vt and SW:P once and then afk the rest of the fight, or stand in the fire if available.

But seriously and with non-napkin math, depending on fight, my VT and SW:P account for between 32.8% (single target) and 67.4% (aoe) of my DPS. Because the majority of fights in ABT are multitarget, this is a net nerf of approximately 3-7% depending on fight. The more targets there are, the worse the nerf is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Yep. I cast Vt and SW:P once and then afk the rest of the fight, or stand in the fire if available.

But seriously and with non-napkin math, depending on fight, my VT and SW:P account for between 32.8% (single target) and 67.4% (aoe) of my DPS. Because the majority of fights in ABT are multitarget, this is a net nerf of approximately 3-7% depending on fight. The more targets there are, the worse the nerf is.
    I think it was the point of the nerf, to maintain its competitivity in single target while tampering with their dominance in multi target fights that leads them and affliction to be a whole lot above the others.
    Last edited by mmoc3d4a9cac6a; 2017-12-05 at 12:48 AM.

I think it was the point of the nerf, to maintain its competitivity in single target while tampering with their dominance in multi target fights that leads them and affliction to be a whole lot above the others.
    An interesting point, and one I hadn't considered. Still, nerfing a class based on AoE fluff is a bad idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    No cool visuals tho. (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Sadly, I personally have zero options. I've played priest since Vanilla. I dislike playing ANY other class/spec in the game. While this may "target" the 1% of Shadow Priests in Mythic, it's going to destroy players in the middle range.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

Unfortunately, this is a nerf even in pure single target.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a nerf even in pure single target.
    Yep, about 2.5% nerf on pure single-target.

This spec is fucked.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this change makes shadow even worse for mythic+ than what it was before the "buffs". The devs are completely clueless and it's pretty obvious none of them play shadow because the problem is pretty simple: Mass Hysteria needs to be nerfed/removed and the dots need to be buffed heavily to compensate.

look at the logs for week 1 antorus, there's your answer. spriests and afflocks are extremely strong in the raid right now

Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    look at the logs for week 1 antorus, there's your answer. spriests and afflocks are extremely strong in the raid right now
    The topic is about mythic+, they buffed us last week to not suck anymore in dungeons (but the buff was crap anyways), but now they make us worse than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    The topic is about mythic+, they buffed us last week to not suck anymore in dungeons (but the buff was crap anyways), but now they make us worse than before.
    Sadly raids > Mythic+ when it comes to balance priorities.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Yep, about 2.5% nerf on pure single-target.

This spec is fucked.
    An interesting point, and one I hadn't considered. Still, nerfing a class based on AoE fluff is a bad idea.
    It is basically neutral as long as your dot damage pre-nerf account for less than ~25% of your overall damage. A log like the current first varimathras (pure st) would see a net nerf of 1.2756%. This is rather marginal, however, shadow priest is already very much underperforming in ST and will become the 21st spec in ST damage
    among the 23 available specs in the game.

The deeper philosophical problem that blizzard faces is that the niche of shadowpriest (and afflock) is multi-dotting, so 2-5 mobs lasting for at least 15-20 seconds. Antorus design has a lot of potential for exploiting this niche because 6-7 out of the 11 bosses feature some kind of adds fitting that description - thus inflating shadowpriest performance above its conventional numbers.

This leads to afflock and shadowpriest being on the overall metrics significantly better than other classes and by definition outliers, by a noticeable margin. The damage output rankings seem homogenous with the exception of those two, tho some changes specifically on those two seem warranted. ( See https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17# )

Blizzard chose decrease the output of the shadowpriest by reducing its niche effectiveness while trying to mitigate the nerf's impact on other damage profiles.

I'm not saying that I like it, but it is an elegant tuning decision considering the situation. Shadowpriests will still be viable, there will still probably be at least 1 if not 2 shadow priests in method and world firsts, and they will not fall out of viability any time soon. The mythic+ implications however are daunting as shadow priest already are not praised for what they bring and this finetuning for raids will cause some collateral damage for 5-man content. This problem would however best be solved by a careful looking at talent choices and rotational abilities that are not typically found in class tuning hotfixes or minor patches.

Multi-dotting is the definition of a degenerate playstyle and at this point I think it should be blindingly obvious that being able to multi-dot is a liability, not an asset. You will be balanced around it, and it will lead to massive disparities between single target DPS and council DPS.

Restrict SW:P and VT to a single target, and redesign the spec from that starting point. That means giving Shadow real AOE, and real single target DPS.

Deleted
    Ppl in these forums have been hoping for reduced ramping up. Well this nerf reduces effectiveness of Mass Hysteria via DoT dmg nerf. Still ppl keep crying that Blizz don't have and idea about the spec or rip shadow.

Yes, this actually is nerf, but shadow atm in raid is doing better than most specs. Shadow will still be great in Antorus because all those adds. In M+ this is again nerf to the ramping up dot cleave, and buff for the Void Eruption burst. So we are still going in to the right direction. Too bad that 3% buff is not going to make it up for the 12% nerf but the overall nerf is not going to be too huge.

After a 3-4 month break from wow, due to being disgusted by the so called " dev team" , i wanted to come back to play my priest for this tier. I gues RIP wow forever (for me).

what buff ar u talking about guys there wasnt a buff they just created burst damage by boosting void eruption and compensate it by reducing dmg. i assume u didnt read all.
    "Shadow Word: Pain/ Vampiric Touch
    Damage reduced by 4%.
    Developers Note: This is compensation for the Void Eruption buff in extended fights."
    so there wasnt a buff + now getting 12% more reduction our only damaging skills are gone nice job blizz. what should we do no1 gonna invite us to raids or m+ we already excluded from m+'s should i just do world quests or what ...