Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Mostly combat times in M+ are shortish. When they reduce sustained dps and increase burst dps, it actually becomes a buff. 4% dot nerf is not big deal compared to the massive buff Void Eruption got, even the Mind Sear buff helps a little. Void Eruption is pretty strong tool now in M+ especially with lege chest.

Edited to make my point more clear.
    Last edited by mmoc2d11dd7182; 2017-12-05 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripalii View Post
    Mostly combat times in M+ are shortish. When they reduce sustained dps and increase burst dps, it actually becomes a buff. Void Eruption is pretty strong tool now in M+ especially with lege chest.
    Mythic+ is also mainly multi target which means dots are our main source of damage, losing 12% dot damage is pretty damn bad for it, especially on higher keys.

Deleted
    Yes, 12% is alot on multitarget and the 3% increase wont help much in M+. I ment to reply for previous guy talking about the 4% dot nerf and Void Eruption buff, just forgot to quote him.

I don't get it. Why SP gets hammered, but moonkin just completely ignored and warlock gets just a little bit of normalization. They don't want us to play SP? Fine, but why dont they say so?

I'm still puzzled by the lack of understanding from Blizz dev team. We complain that we have big ramp-up time, which is linked with how Mass Hysteria works, yet they nerf the Dots and not the artifact trait.

roll back the Dot nerf, nerf Mass Hysteria, buff dmg overall to compensate for the nerf, case closed.

I can't wait to get rid of that shit legendary trait, i really hope they don't bake it into the spec in BfA

Deleted
    Only way they can fix shadow next expansion is by removing Shadow from the game.

It's painfully obvious they don't want shadow in the game, and they don't care about the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    I think it was the point of the nerf, to maintain its competitivity in single target while tampering with their dominance in multi target fights that leads them and affliction to be a whole lot above the others.
    But aren't priests SUPPOSED to dominate there? Remember "some specs have strengths and weaknesses" speech? Where, exactly, do we dominate if they keep nerfing multitarget?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

I have sadly benched my spriest again as I just cannot get good enough to enjoy raiding with it, nerfing something that people are already struggling with seems crazy. Having put loads of effort into getting ready for abt I'm still finding it a ballache to play and went back to my DK which again has been simple to play, easy to find gear to upgrade and overall more forgiving for not much less DPS. The whole spriest class for me seems to have a very narrow window for skill and getting gear so far has been a pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    But aren't priests SUPPOSED to dominate there? Remember "some specs have strengths and weaknesses" speech? Where, exactly, do we dominate if they keep nerfing multitarget?
    Blizzard must still be mad about Shadow breaking some fights in Emerald Nightmare.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankess View Post
    I am honestly done with this spec. I would argue that you would have to be very stupid to pick shadow priest in BfA even if changes look "fun". Do not fucking do it, if you want to dps just pick one of the core DPS classes which will always have a good spec. ALWAYS. Honestly, the amount of shit this spec has gone through this expansion holy fuck if you are still playing it in BfA you gotta be special. There is literally so much shit. Fresh 110. No legendaires. Want to meet dps on simcraft? Get 17k haste. 3 Chest Runs? Remember those? Holy doing more dmg in lower mythic+? I Can literally go for ages. Nah fk this spec.
    This is the most hilarious bullshit I've ever seen in here. Shadow was top dps in EN, top 5 in TOV, still incredibly good in NH, and is now back in the top specs for Antorus. You are clueless and complaining like a child
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    This is the most hilarious bullshit I've ever seen in here. Shadow was top dps in EN, top 5 in TOV, still incredibly good in NH, and is now back in the top specs for Antorus. You are clueless and complaining like a child
    You are the clueless one tbh. Shadow only works in raiding. And it works if you have other targets to dot or a long execute phase.

What about, time walking, mythic+, basically every other parts of the game except raiding, shadow is beyond the worst crap build ever. Long ramp up, needs execute phase in order to do comparable DPS, zero burst, shit talents.

Please be quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    You are the clueless one tbh. Shadow only works in raiding. And it works if you have other targets to dot or a long execute phase.

What about, time walking, mythic+, basically every other parts of the game except raiding, shadow is beyond the worst crap build ever. Long ramp up, needs execute phase in order to do comparable DPS, zero burst, shit talents.

Please be quiet.
    Why should he if he's telling the truth?
    There are two things specs are balanced about: PvP and raiding. That's it. And given 2+ mil DPS post-nerf, Shadow isn't nerfed enough.
    Timewalking? Lol, good one, you actually need dps to get though crappy mode?
    Mythic+? Oh really, you think NOW you can't do a 15 keystone and get max rewards? Wake up call, you still can. You want to do more than that? ANOTHER wake-up call, the higher the key is, the longer it takes for mobs to die, especially Fortified weeks.
    And guess what? You have two more specs on the class. If you're preferring to be a one-spec baboon - that's exclusively your problem, not anyone else's.
    Oh, and high ramp-up time? Do you honestly think you'll be sitting on a class with a single DPS spec that will have no downsides? Good grief, that's naivete you don't see everyday.

Deleted
    Hybrid tax ekhm

Our only hope in shadowcrash.

Make it spend insanity instead of regenerating. No cd and eats dots to deal extra damage.

Also make misery baseline because for fucks sake its qol talent more than dps increase.

Deleted
    Just keep Shadowcrash as it is, just make it baseline. If it would do more dmg based on insanity or dots, it would require minor "ramp up". The more burstier the better, thats where shadow sucks atm.

If Misery would be baseline, there would be no reason to keep 2 dots on this spec and they would be merged to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltroll View Post
    After a 3-4 month break from wow, due to being disgusted by the so called " dev team" , i wanted to come back to play my priest for this tier. I gues RIP wow forever (for me).
    Oh no, your spec got around 2% nerf ST and at most 7% nerf aoe. Time to call the whambulance and quit forever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post

Please be quiet.
    You just mentioned Timewalking. Yea, we're done here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    You just mentioned Timewalking. Yea, we're done here
    Nice comeback.

Its a part of the game and its something you cant participate in at all since everything is dead before you get to do anything - yeah fun class indeed. And its teh same with lower keystones - you know not all shadowpriests are mythic high end raiders?

The elitism on this forum is getting out of control. Sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halwyn View Post
    Why should he if he's telling the truth?
    There are two things specs are balanced about: PvP and raiding. That's it. And given 2+ mil DPS post-nerf, Shadow isn't nerfed enough.
    Timewalking? Lol, good one, you actually need dps to get though crappy mode?
    Mythic+? Oh really, you think NOW you can't do a 15 keystone and get max rewards? Wake up call, you still can. You want to do more than that? ANOTHER wake-up call, the higher the key is, the longer it takes for mobs to die, especially Fortified weeks.
    And guess what? You have two more specs on the class. If you're preferring to be a one-spec baboon - that's exclusively your problem, not anyone else's.
    Oh, and high ramp-up time? Do you honestly think you'll be sitting on a class with a single DPS spec that will have no downsides? Good grief, that's naivete you don't see everyday.
    How is that the truth? Disregard 85% of the game and thats the truth? Stop blowing smoke up your own ass.

Raiding is not all, and not everyone raids mythic. And spriest needs multidotting or execute phase to be able to compete in dps - this is a fact.

Mythic+, try getting invited as shadowpriest to +15 or +10 or even lower. You know not all are mythic geared, i know this can be hard to grasp that alot of people actually play the game casually. Shadow is a liability in lower keystones and you either get carried or kicked because most people dont have a clue. This is what casual PUG life is for spriests. But please tell me some more about your mythic 950+ spriests that only run with equally geared guildies, that will help the 90% rest of the spriest playerbase.

Oh, and the highest keystone runs, if you wanna talk high end players, tell me how many spriests you saw in the last mythic dungeon invitational - oh right 0.

And how the fuck is the 2 other specs relevant when we are talking about shadow in this thread, nice fuckin reach.

PvP was only really last season where spriests had a fighting chance, otherwise it was get trained, cast nothing and do shit. Yeah epic balance in legion, with world of meleecraft dominating.

Long ramp up time and subpar ST dmg (when lacking long execute phase), how is this zero downsides?

Okay, I thought this would be obvious, but here goes.

When you go to warcraftlogs and you sort heroic by overall damage, only 2 specs stand out. Shadow Priest and Affliction Warlock.

From knowing the fights, you can easily see why. You can artificially "AOE/cleave" when mobs are far apart by multidotting. So for example, a boss that is 2 mobs way across the screen from each other. Fire mage cannot ignite onto them, frost mage can't cleave, but aff lock and shadow priest can multidot.

Can other classes also multidot? Yes, but not to the extent where you are basically getting aoe damage on very separated ads over an entire encounter.

That is the reason that your overall damage and your damage on multidot bosses is so high in Antorus. It wasn't as bad before because there weren't enough of those encounters to make it count. Large health single ads were often accompanied by many small grouped ads in ToS. Multidotting was still a little OP and exploitable every once in a while, but in Antorus it is completely OP and destroys other dps overall. Not only are you one of the 2 top specs, you are lightyears out in front of number 3, relatively speaking.

So they nerfed it. Not as bad as it could have been either. I understand you wanting to be far out in first place, it's human nature, but you are still in a fine place, and way better than SP have had it in the past, and still ahead of other dps who have put in just as much time/effort as you have.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-12-06 at 02:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A) you don't even know what elitism means
    B) Not every class is good at every aspect of the game. Some are, but not all
    C) the class you're crying endlessly about has been a top performing spec for nearly the entire expansion, something only a few specs can lay claim to.
    D ) Stop pugging and join a guild, this isn't a singleplayer game and the anti-social attitude is more detrimental to your personal progression than nerfs are
    E) you just called it world of meleecraft when this expansion has had a pretty fair balance between melee and ranged (EN had shadow and fire mages, ToV had shadow and warlocks, NH had frost mages, SPs, locks, boomkins, ToS had priests, locks, boomkins, mages.Current tier has many of them as well, along with hunters being viable in all of those tiers)

What you're doing here is crying and bitching because YOU personally are not that good. That's not an insult, it's an inference from the things you've spouted. Your class is fine, you need to step up your game because at your level, buffs/nerfs aren't going to affect you that much. Stop whining, go practice, and improve your skills if performance is that important to you. Because no matter how you feel, the data collected over millions of parses says you're wrong.

Deleted
    If you want a reply, you quote me.

Im done with you and your elitist way of thinking. Nice personal attack aswell, you have zero clue about what i play, what level i play and how i perform.

Pathetic attempt.