Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Lightforged Draenei need something more - Wings maybe?

Just saying. They need something more to distinguish them from the main race. hM Tauren have the huge horns. Unmistakable. Nightborne are skinnier nightelves and have the distinctive ears. Even void elves get that void swirl thing at their back in combat. Zandalari are upright.

I’m thinking maybe Wings. Like the Light/angel version of the winged demon Eredar. It could be something they have a show/hide option for too. Wings could come out and animate on certain abilities. Certainly on metas and hero. Maybe extend up. It could be really cool. Also they could have subtle effects like on metas hunter arrows are pure light. Void elves could have similar but void arrows. Weapons can also gain a light aura too... they

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged have yellow eyes, lighter skin tones, and substantially different horn styles than their non light forged counterparts.

They're different enough.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

They need something that makes them stand out, I agree. The tattoos will be unnoticeable because the armor will cover it.

Just another race I won't be playing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They have actual beards. And the golden hoofs!

The problem is not how they look. It is that they, like the Void Elves are such a shallow, loreless and tacked on invention. There would be like 100 LFD and 20 VE in all of the warcraft universe which feels wrongly small for an entire "race."

I imagine they will have unique animations and slightly different posture by the time they are actually playable. Same goes for the Void Elves.

My irrational and unwavering hatred of the Draenei says they should get nothing ever and be ignored. Bloody Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Lightforged have yellow eyes, lighter skin tones, and substantially different horn styles than their non light forged counterparts.

They're different enough.
    Well I didn't notice - so obviously they can't be. If I saw the current lightforge from a distance, I'd think draenei, and in gear would probably not even notice, given they have no horn option too.. I would definitely notice if they had wings though ,especially if those wings animated in certain abilities.

I would also spot a Highmountain a mile off, same with a nightborne and a zandalari. Not a lightforge, and a void elf would only be spotted in combat when they use their void thingy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I imagine they will have unique animations and slightly different posture by the time they are actually playable. Same goes for the Void Elves.
    I wonder if you could do a model of a LF Draenei with light/angel wings as OP suggests, one in normal mode, and the other with the wings raised executing an ability.

It could look awesome.

But they have greyish skintones, tattoos bigger beards and permanent naaru brands on their heads

Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    But they have greyish skintones, tattoos bigger beards and permanent naaru brands on their heads
    Not enough, they need a more outstanding feature that is appropriate to them, but big enough to stand out. Wings would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    The problem is not how they look. It is that they, like the Void Elves are such a shallow, loreless and tacked on invention. There would be like 100 LFD and 20 VE in all of the warcraft universe which feels wrongly small for an entire "race."
    The Army of Light is supposedly pretty big. Maybe not as many as the ones who left on the Exodar, but still an army.

But I agree about Void Elves, a group of exiles from Silvermoon would be less than a hundred individuals. There's way more high elves than that, and numbers was one of the main reasons Blizzard always gave for those not being playable.

As for Lightforged standing out, there's not a whole lot they could do. They are just holy draenei with golden eyes, glowing hooves. They have different horns, hairstyles and beards.

I guess they could have had a different posture/silhouette, having more slender bodies or something, but then again, Highmountain just have tattoos that gear will hide and different horns, it's about the same.

And wings are just messy. Notice how demon hunters only show them when gliding, because otherwise they would be always in the way of shoulders, cloaks and sheathed weapons.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-12-05 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not understand the concept of a Draenei being lightforged? They're still just Draenei.. plenty of things stand out already.

It doesn't have to be something big and flashy.

10+ Year Old Account
    LF Draenei have unique hairstyles, significantly larger/more ornate horns, lightforged tattoos, a permanent sigil on their foreheads, glowing yellow eyes, plated (or glowing?) hooves, unique skintones and completely new voiceovers.

They are more than different enough.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Not enough, they need a more outstanding feature that is appropriate to them, but big enough to stand out. Wings would do it.
    Longer tails, sharper, more exotic facial features, maybe clawed fingers. They wouldn't really hammer home the holy aspect, but they would more so touch on the "these are draenei that remained on and around Argus rather than developing further on Draenor" notion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Longer tails, sharper, more exotic facial features, maybe clawed fingers. They wouldn't really hammer home the holy aspect, but they would more so touch on the "these are draenei that remained on and around Argus rather than developing further on Draenor" notion.
    LFD are literally reforged by the light. Why would they have features like clawed fingers?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    LFD are literally reforged by the light. Why would they have features like clawed fingers?
    Because their horn styles are also on the more "demonic"/"savage" side? A thing that is a big part of their appeal.

I was thinking about this. I you put a normal draenei and a lightforged draenei in tier 17 for example you would not see the difference at all.
    Void elves and Blood elves same thing but at least you see they're not from the same faction. nelf and nightbourne 2? not sure haven given them a good look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because their horn styles are also on the more "demonic"/"savage" side? A thing that is a big part of their appeal.
    Do moose, deer, rhino etc with exceptionally large horns/antlers also randomly develop claws? That argument makes literally zero sense.

And I don't speak for everyone (neither do you, btw) but in the near-11 years we've had draenei I have never once heard someone say 'I can't wait to play as a draenei, they're so DEMONIC and SAVAGE!!'

Literally never. Anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scormac View Post
    I was thinking about this. I you put a normal draenei and a lightforged draenei in tier 17 for example you would not see the difference at all.
    Void elves and Blood elves same thing but at least you see they're not from the same faction. nelf and nightbourne 2? not sure haven given them a good look.
    If you can't tell the difference between Void elves and blood elves, you probably ought to look at getting contacts or glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Do moose, deer, rhino etc with exceptionally large horns/antlers also randomly develop claws? That argument makes literally zero sense.

And I don't speak for everyone (neither do you, btw) but in the near-11 years we've had draenei I have never once heard someone say 'I can't wait to play as a draenei, they're so DEMONIC and SAVAGE!!'

Literally never. Anywhere.
    Uh, I'd gladly play more Eredar-type (original, not Man'ari) Draenei. From before the Naaru influence babified them and gave them recolored Blood Elf faces. And draenei aren't exactly moose. Velen has claws, too, and those weren't randomly developed, and he definitely isn't a Man'ari. He just looks more primal and ancient, and I've always liked the notion of having that type of option for player draenei.

Something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpuncher View Post
    My irrational and unwavering hatred of the Draenei says they should get nothing ever and be ignored. Bloody Draenei.
    Based on this post, I take it you spend a lot of time punching yourself.