Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If you can't tell the difference between Void elves and blood elves, you probably ought to look at getting contacts or glasses.
    I was talking about them in full armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Uh, I'd gladly play more Eredar-type (original, not Man'ari) Draenei. From before the Naaru influence babified them and gave them recolored Blood Elf faces. And draenei aren't exactly moose. Velen has claws, too, and those weren't randomly developed, and he definitely isn't a Man'ari. He just looks more primal and ancient, and I've always liked the notion of having that type of option for player draenei.

Something like this.
    Yeah except they've never had recolored blood elf faces, ever. Not the classic models, not the current HD models. Completely different meshes, completely different textures. And please don't waste your time arguing otherwise because I've spent dozens of hours working with those models on machinima, mods, etc. They are absolutely not the same.

Also, did you even watch the cinematics on Argus? They've always looked like 'draenei', it was the corruption and influence of the Legion that resulted in their 'evil' appearance.

As for the art you linked, no race in WoW is ever going to look like that. You might as well say you want to play as humans that look like Anduin from the BFA cinematic.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-12-05 at 01:42 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Yeah except they've never had recolored blood elf faces, ever. Not the classic models, not the current HD models. Completely different meshes, completely different textures. And please don't waste your time arguing otherwise because I've spent dozens of hours working with those models on machinima, mods, etc. They are absolutely not the same.

Also, did you even watch the cinematics on Argus? They've always looked like 'draenei', it was the corruption and influence of the Legion that resulted in their 'evil' appearance.

Of course they weren't going to give those features to models like that.

But OwO what is this

Also, you thought I was seriously with the Belf faces thing? I simply meant that they are very babyfied and soft, rather than having an exotic sharpness to them.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2017-12-05 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, you thought I was seriously with the Belf faces thing? I simply meant that they are very babyfied and soft, rather than having an exotic sharpness to them.
    Ah, so hyperbole then. And here I thought we were actually having a grounded discussion.

Also, as much as you like falling back on concept art that looks nothing like the game we're actually playing... Velen doesn't have claws in game.

With that said, I really don't see the point in continuing on this topic, art is subjective and always will be.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-12-05 at 01:57 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Ah, so hyperbole then. And here I thought we were actually having a grounded discussion.
    Partially, because of their textures were similar in Classic. Never made the assertion that they were the literal same, though.

Don't blame me for you jumping the gun to flex your.. - eh -3D model and texture expertise.

Maybe if they had crystalline skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Maybe if they had crystalline skin?
    Magni Drae?

They need disfigured faces, monster teeth, and back tentacles. I'm personally apathetic about LFD, didn't even realize they were a separate subrace when I played through Argus. But I've wanted Broken forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Lightforged have yellow eyes, lighter skin tones, and substantially different horn styles than their non light forged counterparts.

They're different enough.
    They absolutely are not. At a glance, you are not telling the difference.

Magni Drae?
    Maybe skin like the crystals on the Exodar. (Or like Xe'ra.)

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    They absolutely are not. At a glance, you are not telling the difference.
    I think the exclusive horns, especially some of the more extravagant ones do a great job at separating them.

That aside, those could've been added to regular Draenei as well.

How about a giant glowing rune on their forehead constantly. Can change color and rune style via barber.

There. Done. It stands out, won't be covered by armor, and will be quickly recognized by anyone within 100 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    How about a giant glowing rune on their forehead constantly. Can change color and rune style via barber.

There. Done. It stands out, won't be covered by armor, and will be quickly recognized by anyone within 100 yards.
    They do have that.

They do have that.
    The tiny one on the forehead? No...I said a GIANT rune. One that's constantly there at all times.

The tiny one on the forehead? No...I said a GIANT rune. One that's constantly there at all times.
    It's a typical forehead rune, yes, but it shows even if you are wearing a helmet.

It's a typical forehead rune, yes, but it shows even if you are wearing a helmet.
    Then go bigger. Make a halo out of the damn things that spells out "ELITE" or something. Apparently that wouldn't even be good enough for some of these posters. :/

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Just saying. They need something more to distinguish them from the main race. hM Tauren have the huge horns. Unmistakable. Nightborne are skinnier nightelves and have the distinctive ears. Even void elves get that void swirl thing at their back in combat. Zandalari are upright.

I’m thinking maybe Wings. Like the Light/angel version of the winged demon Eredar. It could be something they have a show/hide option for too. Wings could come out and animate on certain abilities. Certainly on metas and hero. Maybe extend up. It could be really cool. Also they could have subtle effects like on metas hunter arrows are pure light. Void elves could have similar but void arrows. Weapons can also gain a light aura too... they
    Yall already have some of the best racials, stop asking for everything you entitled space goats

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Draenei are probably one of the most interesting and best looking races, not to mention the only 100% unique race that you can't find elsewhere in folklore as far as I know
    Tiefling says hi. (Plus: most cloven/hoofed demons with horns, or Satyrs.)

Deleted

I 100% support rgb Draenei forehead runes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged Draenei seem a bit excessive. Like, draenei are already Naaru and Light oriented. Lightforge is like "yo dawg I hear you like light."

Maybe a comparison is draenei are to space marines like lightforged are to grey knights