Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Tiefling says hi. (Plus: most cloven/hoofed demons with horns, or Satyrs.)
    You I like

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They’ve got plenty that make them unique. My Draenei Warrior will be becoming Lightforged for those epic beards and the floating mark of the naaru on their heads.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    The problem is not how they look. It is that they, like the Void Elves are such a shallow, loreless and tacked on invention. There would be like 100 LFD and 20 VE in all of the warcraft universe which feels wrongly small for an entire "race."
    Blizzard Developers in 2007: There aren't enough high elves left on Azeroth for us to make that a player race. They are just too rare and it would break lore if players could choose them.

Blizzard Developers in 2017: Hold my beer.
    Last edited by Mask; 2017-12-05 at 02:52 PM.

Wouldn't they be more like Aasimar?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Blizzard Developers in 2007: There aren't enough high elves left on Azeroth for us to make that a player race. They are just too rare and it would break lore if players could choose them.

Blizzard Developers in 2017: Hold my beer.
    A magical space/time bubble held them locked away until the day they were needed. The day when subs began to drop and fanservice was the only savior!

Deleted
    But those are all demonic.

The Draenei are holy/light tieflings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged draenei are lackluster to say the least. There has to be more than options that could've been added in the barber shop.

So far, there isn’t much that distinguishes them from the current draenei race and that makes them bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Longer tails, sharper, more exotic facial features, maybe clawed fingers. They wouldn't really hammer home the holy aspect, but they would more so touch on the "these are draenei that remained on and around Argus rather than developing further on Draenor" notion.
    Nothing will do that more than Wings. Angel ones. Claws is more a demonic /monster thing, we’ve got to think Light/holy etc vein and something distinctive enough to affect silhouette. Void elves at least get the void swirl thing in combat when doing certain abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Lightforged draenei are lackluster to say the least. There has to be more than options that could've been added in the barber shop.

So far, there isn’t much that distinguishes them from the current draenei race and that makes them bland.
    Highmountain Tauren say hi.

They have enough to distinguish them, and were it not for the fact i'm more interested in making a void elf, I'd totally make one.

Though if I go horde, given my proclivity towards tanks, I'm definitely making a high mountain warrior.

**Edit: My only complaint about them are their racials, which seem very lackluster.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    LFD are literally reforged by the light. Why would they have features like clawed fingers?
    thank you. Exactly my thoughts.

And they should be called Eredar. And they’ve not been on Argus persay

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    thank you. Exactly my thoughts.

And they should be called Eredar. And they’ve not been on Argus persay
    Why would they be called eredar?

Well they got big boobs. Thats enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    The problem is not how they look. It is that they, like the Void Elves are such a shallow, loreless and tacked on invention. There would be like 100 LFD and 20 VE in all of the warcraft universe which feels wrongly small for an entire "race."
    This is absolutely the biggest issue I have with Void Elves. At least they started to add in a bit how they 'originated' and why they were thrown out but... yeah, should've just not been playable. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Nothing will do that more than Wings. Angel ones. Claws is more a demonic /monster thing, we’ve got to think Light/holy etc vein and something distinctive enough to affect silhouette. Void elves at least get the void swirl thing in combat when doing certain abilities.
    Wing also part of demonic, dragon, birdlike, batlike and other creatures. this is first. Second - Wing mainly used for flying. Developing them without this is... pointless? And making race who can fly by itself without mount... well - you understand that other races (especialy Horde) will go apes after that? thing like wings is really complicated for this game (it's not aion). Third - LFD used exoskeletons for flying. not their wings. So why exactly they must sprout them now?

Look. I undestand that you really want wings. But really LFD never showed affinity for them more than paladins during their "Avenging Wrath". It's just not logical.

Oh and even more - i am not sure that there is "angels" in this game. We have Light creatures - naaru, and they are totaly not angels. Okay we have Valkyre, but they were created by the titans, not naaru.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    But they have greyish skintones, tattoos bigger beards and permanent naaru brands on their heads
    this^

i get the argument that a more unique silhouette would make them cooler and probs more desirable to play (im going highmountain for the horns myself), but
    they're still getting some cool options as it is.

If ppl wanted to change the silhouette, they could maybe add customizable tails and add the option to add extra gold plating on the hooves/horns (kind of how the nightbourne earrings have some options to basically cover their ears with metal. Pre cool).

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of see where OP is coming from. I could imagine a LFD with delicate Naaru-style tracery of faint light appearing around them at random times around them rather than actual wings though.

Sadly though, all they have is the forehead mark. Though, if you really want wings during BL (or heroism since they're alliance scum), make a ret paladin. XD

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpuncher View Post
    My irrational and unwavering hatred of the Draenei says they should get nothing ever and be ignored. Bloody Draenei.
    You just crossed a terrible threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I kind of see where OP is coming from. I could imagine a LFD with delicate Naaru-style tracery of faint light appearing around them at random times around them rather than actual wings though.

Sadly though, all they have is the forehead mark. Though, if you really want wings during BL (or heroism since they're alliance scum), make a ret paladin. XD
    I would love something angel version of the demon wings - i'm thinking on some of the Valkyr, but Draenei appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    Oh and even more - i am not sure that there is "angels" in this game. We have Light creatures - naaru, and they are totaly not angels. Okay we have Valkyre, but they were created by the titans, not naaru.
    That's irrelevant though, I said light/angel and angel in the sense that it's opposite to demon, demon has scaly scary leathery wings, angel versions are glorious, radiant light filled - it's in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Lightforged Draenei seem a bit excessive. Like, draenei are already Naaru and Light oriented. Lightforge is like "yo dawg I hear you like light."

Maybe a comparison is draenei are to space marines like lightforged are to grey knights
    Were grey knights these OP plot armor troups from that almost universally hated writer?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Lightforged Draenei seem a bit excessive. Like, draenei are already Naaru and Light oriented. Lightforge is like "yo dawg I hear you like light."

Maybe a comparison is draenei are to space marines like lightforged are to grey knights
    Shouldn't they be Lightforged Eredar?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Were grey knights these OP plot armor troups from that almost universally hated writer?
    No I meant as in space marines were already loyal and devout to the emprah, but grey knights were like, super uber fanatically devout and loyal.

As I said, draenei are already light oriented. lightforged seems redudant.