Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Since Nightborne have a different posture I would hope all the Allied Races would get at least that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Since Nightborne have a different posture I would hope all the Allied Races would get at least that.
    That they do, as do Zandalari. But not HM, VE or DI, nor LF ... I think for VElf the biggest attraction is getting the high/blood elf model playable, so they likely won't change that. And for HM and LF - it's hard to imagine how they would re-posture them. This leaves DI and Zandalari - Zanda by default were already upright, DIs can get a different posture though.. but then hmmm, would you want to? I already think VE and DI look different enough, to the extent that I really don't like VE ... and with Nightb Elves going over horde, and also long desired Zandalari coming in , no reason to stay alliance, - wow humans have never been that appealing to me, I always preferred orcs. Maybe it's just the lame human appearance who knows. But despite all that, I have to admit that Void elves and Dark Irons look different enough (for a sub-race) even though they don't have gait changes or effects, however LF draenei do not, they just have a ring of too similar.

Deleted
    Was really disappointed tbh.
    They could have added Eredar, allowing Draenei to be classes like Warlock and Rogue.

Blizzard has done worse, Eredars make more sense then Pandas to me.

Deleted
    Besides Nightborne, Ironskin Dwarfs, Zandalari all the races look like a joke to me.

I can see the point of giving us "allied" or "sub-races" that we encountered like the ones mentioned but..

Void Elves? Cmon now.........

Lightforged Draenei? They are just Draenei

Hightmountain Tauren? Just slap ridiculous moose antlers on a tauren and all shapeshifts, why?! A crow with antlers?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post

Lightforged Draenei? They are just Draenei
    They're draenei who lose large portions of draenei culture. Like Auchenai, Rangari, arcane based technology, shamans, netherlight, etc to focus solely on the Light.

So, unless you just really, really like the Light, which imo Blizzard ruined by over-explaining, Lightforged are just less interesting draenei.

Have to kind of agree. Lightforged are pretty visually indistinct right now. As it seems right now the stuff that makes them stand out the most are just customizations that regular Drae don't have rather than anything inherent about them.

I'm not super excited about void elves or nightborne but at least they feel distinct.

Some better racials would be nice. Explode on death? woo.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to choose one thing to make them different it would be different combat animations...but I'd say that for every allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Shouldn't they be Lightforged Eredar?
    No. They were also exiles that fled Argus, they just split off into two groups after fleeing argus. One on the Genedar that eventually landed on Draenor with Velen and the others doing the army of light thing on their own vessel with X'era. In the grand scheme of things they weren't on Argus that long before the Vindicaar showed up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just saying. They need something more to distinguish them from the main race. hM Tauren have the huge horns. Unmistakable. Nightborne are skinnier nightelves and have the distinctive ears. Even void elves get that void swirl thing at their back in combat. Zandalari are upright.

I’m thinking maybe Wings. Like the Light/angel version of the winged demon Eredar. It could be something they have a show/hide option for too. Wings could come out and animate on certain abilities. Certainly on metas and hero. Maybe extend up. It could be really cool. Also they could have subtle effects like on metas hunter arrows are pure light. Void elves could have similar but void arrows. Weapons can also gain a light aura too... they
    different horns, yellow eyes, differant hair, differant skin and hair color, differant racials aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    differant racials aswell.
    talking about visual differences - most of this is barely distinguishable in armor - at least void elves have their void effect thing. Highmountain have the horns - Zandalari are clearly upright, nightborne are clearly thinner which makes their subtler ears, runes and darker skin tone more distinctive.. unlike lightforge

They definitely neeed some thing that can affect the silhouette - could be permanent or something they can show/hide or activates in combat. I thought wings, but it doesn't have to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    talking about visual differences - most of this is barely distinguishable in armor - at least void elves have their void effect thing. Highmountain have the horns - Zandalari are clearly upright, nightborne are clearly thinner which makes their subtler ears, runes and darker skin tone more distinctive.. unlike lightforge

They definitely neeed some thing that can affect the silhouette - could be permanent or something they can show/hide or activates in combat. I thought wings, but it doesn't have to be.
    and what looks differant between a gnome and a dwarf when they are both covered head to toe in armor? slightly differant shape...ok....
    also normal trolls may be getting an option to stand up straight, so between then and zandalari wont be. why do you use the argument for highmountain tauren, but then when it comes to draenei that argument is invalid?
    also nightborne are not that much thinner then blood elves... Also subtler ears? you are talking about silhouettes, ears are VERY minor.

also "runes and darker skin tone" but then when it comes to draenei you say "but armor"
    you cant when it comes to horde races go "horns, skin color, general shape"
    then when it comes to alliance go "not differant enough, armor, and armor"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    No dude, they have FAR more in common with the night elves, being night elves themselves. They have the shared experience of mana addiction with the blood elves in common, i.e. they have some things in common with blood elves, but the vast majority are in common with night elves. Let us not forget that.
    On the alliance, they have cultural commanilty with the Highborne amongst the night elves and the High elves in the alliance. THere is no reason to join the blood elves because they get both empathy and cultural kinship from highborne and high elves. The reason they go horde is because the blood elves were flirting with them in 7.1.

Let us not forget they are night elves. They have the nocturnal thing in common, hey they know the night elves remember - those guys are all from Suramar remember. Tyrandes night elves may have moved on to a new culture, but they do remember each other. They have the same moon/star love and focus, etc, nightborne are kaldorei empire elves. Never forget that. And you cannot forget that as far as we know the nightborne are a lot friendlier with the night elves of the broken isles, it's just the night elves that are with Tyrande i.e. the Kalimdor ones that they are not allying with. I'm disappointed with this move, but its the move they made, and it's spilled milk, it's not being reversed.

It is not what they have incommon that is forcing them into the horde. I can guarantee you blizzard did not make that decision because "they have more in common with the blood elves" blizzard know their lore a lot better than you do, seeing how they wrote them as night elves, they are not going to have more in common with blood elves. They made their decision because they were giving alliance Thalassian elves and felt therefore the horde should also get night elves and so giving the alliance the best horde model, they gave the horde the best aspect of the night elves. You have to realize that lore doesn't always drive race choice decisions. It wasn't lore that drove the blood elves to the horde either. Lore does drive a lot of decisions, but there are instances when it clearly doesn't and blizzard are quite frank about it if you listen to them or ask them.
    I think you are greatly downplaying the cultural differences between Night Elves and Nightborne. It starts with a class divide between the common folk and the highborne, two groups that hated each other before the war. That class divide evolved into a literal separation, the nightborne closed themselves from the world, ad later the remaining higborne in kaldorei society just couldn't handle the shift in power and culture and just left.

Can you really say that Suramaritarians wouldn't have left with the queldorei if Suramar had been lost? Everything points towards that.

To say that nightborne are "night elves" is to completely disregard the reasons why the blood elves even exist. It all comes from the class divide.

That current nightborne might now some current night elves from "back in the day" means as little and as much as any relations between Blood and High Elves.

There's just no denying that culturally the blood elves and nightborne are just closer, they are both high borne. Night elves completely shifted their culture after the war, to the nightborne, seeing them turned into what they are now, must have been devastating.

Elisande speaks to it, and there's no reason to believe it's anything but the cultural bias.

Deleted
    Lightforged Dranei are the most boring of the allied races. They are dranei with light tatoos. There is literally nothing interesting about them when dranei are already one of the least popular races. I would've taken Eredar over them. At least they would have distinct colors. Racials are total poo aswell.

I'm just hoping dark iron dwarves have decent racials and can be paladins, so at least i get a decent race change option.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-12-07 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    Would you be able to tell a Void Elf who is not wearing the Heritage armor or has no "tentacle" hair apart from a Blood Elf DK with blue hair, from a distance and fully armored? Or a hooded Iron Dwarf with no beard from a normal Dwarf, from a distance? Not really. It isn't just the Lightforged draenei which suffer from "the same silhouette" when seen from a distance or when nitpicked apart.
    void elves will have a void effect in combat triggered by certain abilities and their racial. However despite they and dark irons being indistinguishable silhouette wise, they are strikingly different from their main race counterparts. Saying that, I think ally players like the void elves being very close to the blood elves as possible, and the purple skin is most they can bear of them being different. So they will accept that. The LF Draenei are in the worse position cos unlike VElves there is no visible thing in combat abilties appearing, so I agree with OP that something like wings will be good.

I have some concerns when it comes to Lightforged and Highmountain. These two races feel like a waste of a sub/allied race, when they could have just been options unlocked by a questchain looking for a naaru to lightforge you and asking malorne to bless you with antlers.

Who is to say that when we get to patch 8.2 they waste another allied race slot on something simple like a orc skin. Every single variation of orc can be skin customization, no need to waste time making new racials/emotes/animations. Better example of an allied race for draenei would be broken.

Personally, I'd have just turned their skin into a gradient -- from blue to yellow. Not unlike the images of Azerite we saw at Blizzcon.

Example:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Literally no reason to not have monks.
    Except the've been in space for 25.000 years. And you could make an argument for Jed'hin, but that's wrestling not kungfu.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Except the've been in space for 25.000 years. And you could make an argument for Jed'hin, but that's wrestling not kungfu.
    What about nighborne and highmountain monks? Who are yet to be trained? Did you not check the PTR stuff?

Can't the LF get trained aswell? Sure they could.

You can make arguments like "well they don't care, they don't wanna be monks", but that is just stretching it, the real reason is that the highmountains have only 5 classes, so to prevent any imminent bitching from horde, they gave them only 5 classes too - instead of adding something new, they're just "prettier" with classes that have been there since vanilla and most people already have those, therefore no reason to start one - just re-level a class you already have. Pointless and disappointing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    What about nighborne and highmountain monks? Who are yet to be trained? Did you not check the PTR stuff?
    Yeah, those don't make sense either.

If we have race class restrictions we should be consistent and follow the established lore.