Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Chromie is Beyond Frustrating

Well for starters it shouldn't come to anyones surprise that I am not a fan of this hero whatsoever...mostly because of the way she was designed for this game; I could care less about her aesthetic or lore. In short....in my personal opinion, Chromie is probably one of the most poorly designed characters I have ever seen in a game like this and I've been around for while. That's not meant to be rude or shots fired at the developers but I just don't think shes good for the game.

Let's go all the way back to when Valeera was significantly gimped (in Blizzard's own words)
    " In an effort to reduce the frustration of playing against Valeera, we're reducing her burst damage potential. Especially in Quick Match when counter picking isn't an option, the ability for a stealth assassin with disabling effects and high burst damage isn't fun or healthy for the game, so we're toning it down some."
    This same argument can be made for Chromie as well that she isn't "fun or healthy for the game." How can there ever be any fun losing 80-100% of your life to abilities you can't even see coming; you have no ability to provide counterplay against it or have time to react...you just die.

Quite frankly I refuse to believe the argument that just because she has low life in any way shape or form makes up for how ridiculously strong this hero can be. She has the longest base ability range of any other hero in the game, gains all her talent tiers 2 levels before everyone else, has invisible traps that double as escapes and setups, deals ridiculous amounts of damage, and has a 60-80% AoE slow that cost hardly any mana and zero at level 18.

Let's also not forget about the numerous amount of escape options like having an 8 second Iceblock that renders dive useless. Even if shes out of position oh well I just wasted all my cool downs trying to kill her but she ends up living anyways. Probably also important to note that shes constantly backed up by this double support/double tank meta which renders her almost impossible to kill sometimes. Shes a tiny gnome with tiny feet, she should slower movement speed then someone whos taking giant strides lol.

Honestly there is nothing skillful about playing this hero, you just sit from the sidelines randomly throwing out some of the hardest hitting abilities in the game and hope they hit something, how in anyway shape or form is this meaningful or interactive gameplay?

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to insult or sound demeaning towards Chromie players because they find her enjoyable but let's try to make this a two way street and look at it from the point of view of the players or team who has to play against her. Dying instantly to abilities you cannot see is simply just frustrating; especially on choke point maps like Towers of Doom or Infernal Shrines where she can infinitely stall out and poke objectives.

Simply I'm just asking for this hero to be rethought. For me it just seems counter productive to be not be okay with Valeera being strong because her ability to 1-shot people but then Chromie is perfectly fine doing the same.
    ---

P.S) Can we please get rid of the Bronze Talons talent? I find it rather silly that purposefully whiffing Q's to get a harder hitting longer range AA is actually a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealth just got fixed on PTR, Chromie is nowhere near the same level, mostly because she can't fight properly with someone on top of her - she have to look a screen away. QM sucks by default, i don't see this as an argument, you can get quite awful team comps out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by LCD View Post
    Honestly there is nothing skillful about playing this hero, you just sit from the sidelines randomly throwing out some of the hardest hitting abilities in the game and hope they hit something
    I don't know why you are complaining about a free win here, because that sounds like an easy game to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to merely add this to the discussion,

If she is so easy to play, so easy to get kills with. Why do you not make her your main character and rank up the kills and ranks at the same time. Obviously if it's all that easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    People can defend Chromie as much as they want, but getting hit by her definitely feels cheep.

I don't think she is broken at all, I just hate playing against her. You either feel like you got randomly hit for 80% of your health or hopeless when you are CCed and see her casting the combo. I hate it because I never feel outplayed by the Hero, no matter how good the player is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    People can defend Chromie as much as they want, but getting hit by her definitely feels cheep.

I don't think she is broken at all, I just hate playing against her. You either feel like you got randomly hit for 80% of your health or hopeless when you are CCed and see her casting the combo. I hate it because I never feel outplayed by the Hero, no matter how good the player is.
    well, for me when i get hit by Chromie i always see numerous things i've done wrong that got me hit. Her attacks are easily telegraphed, the only way for her to reliably land her combo are her time trap and ultimate, both of which require some setup.
    Off course, if you have sylvanas, uther, arthas, zarya and malfurion in your team for whatever reason - meeting Chromie is a dead sentence. But as soon as someone sticky gets her flank - she is useless for 10-20 seconds
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

If she is so easy to play, so easy to get kills with. Why do you not make her your main character and rank up the kills and ranks at the same time. Obviously if it's all that easy.
    Insert Obligatory "She's just too easy to win with"

10+ Year Old Account
    Play Murky, problem solved.

Positioning doesn't matter to him, he can dance around pretty much wherever he likes. Watching Chromie either constantly fail to hit you with Q, or straight up try and ignore you, is pretty damn funny. It gets especially good in late-game, with team-fights where Chromie doesn't have any fort to hide behind. You can just chase her entirely out of the fight, and she can either die or retreat.

(If anyone says "But she can kill his egg!", they should take that as a lesson that they're sticking the egg in the wrong spots).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont find her too bad. i main, auriel, illi or malthael, and what I have found is, if I am against Chromie, i have to make unpredictable moves. Like going right into a troop wave, almost always ends up with shit falling on me from the sky. so i move them around, make her miss.

Honestly if I have any complaints about Chromie its not her dmg or how she can hit from afar, its that freaking hearth teleport. Moment she gets someone on her, zap. away u go. Unless you got a stun its impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    well, for me when i get hit by Chromie i always see numerous things i've done wrong that got me hit. Her attacks are easily telegraphed, the only way for her to reliably land her combo are her time trap and ultimate, both of which require some setup.
    Off course, if you have sylvanas, uther, arthas, zarya and malfurion in your team for whatever reason - meeting Chromie is a dead sentence. But as soon as someone sticky gets her flank - she is useless for 10-20 seconds
    This is only true when you have vision of her, which you don't always have and it is not like I am standing still when alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is only true when you have vision of her, which you don't always have and it is not like I am standing still when alone.
    Every time she starts a cast she gets revealed. That's true for all heroes. At this point her Q has really long cast time and it gives you plenty of time to dodge (it's also telegraphed, so you 100% sure where this shit is flying). W on the other hand is trickier, you don't know where it lands, so you just have to guess or predict where she would throw that

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time she starts a cast she gets revealed. That's true for all heroes. At this point her Q has really long cast time and it gives you plenty of time to dodge (it's also telegraphed, so you 100% sure where this shit is flying). W on the other hand is trickier, you don't know where it lands, so you just have to guess or predict where she would throw that
    She is revealed only for the duration of the cast, which you must have the best spatial awareness in the world to notice every single time.

Again, I don't think she is broken or anything but annoying little shit. Honestly she is balanced, I just find the hero cheap as she is rather safe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god guys this is basic level shit. It's like complaining that you are getting ganked by a Nova when you're pushed forward at half HP and not standing amongst minions.

Are you playing against a Chromie?
    Do you have vision on Chromie?
    Do you think Chromie could possibly be nearby?

CONSTANT
    ERRATIC
    MOVEMENT

Like seriously, you gotta learn to keep yourself safe. Did Chromie fire at you from a bush at range and miss because you were jiggling around like a slapped belly? GOOD JOB, now you know where she is and can go murder her because her W is on cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    i dont find her too bad. i main, auriel, illi or malthael, and what I have found is, if I am against Chromie, i have to make unpredictable moves. Like going right into a troop wave, almost always ends up with shit falling on me from the sky. so i move them around, make her miss.

Honestly if I have any complaints about Chromie its not her dmg or how she can hit from afar, its that freaking hearth teleport. Moment she gets someone on her, zap. away u go. Unless you got a stun its impossible.
    That's fine though. You didn't get a kill but you had the same desired effect - removed a player from the fight.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Oh my god guys this is basic level shit. It's like complaining that you are getting ganked by a Nova when you're pushed forward at half HP and not standing amongst minions.

Are you playing against a Chromie?
    Do you have vision on Chromie?
    Do you think Chromie could possibly be nearby?

CONSTANT
    ERRATIC
    MOVEMENT

Like seriously, you gotta learn to keep yourself safe. Did Chromie fire at you from a bush at range and miss because you were jiggling around like a slapped belly? GOOD JOB, now you know where she is and can go murder her because her W is on cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fine though. You didn't get a kill but you had the same desired effect - removed a player from the fight.
    yeap. and honestly i think thats her thing so i hope she doesnt get nerfed for it. far away artillery shots with quick escapes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

As with Li Ming and Chromie when I play them despite literally only playing 1-2 games in 50 with those heroes I always top dmg and often kills...and I'm not a good player by any means. Chromie is cancer to play against as is any hero where you can't defend what you can't see.

"move unpredictable" is a bullshit argument as you have to do this with all heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

She is revealed only for the duration of the cast, which you must have the best spatial awareness in the world to notice every single time.

Again, I don't think she is broken or anything but annoying little shit. Honestly she is balanced, I just find the hero cheap as she is rather safe.
    I'm fine with Chromie if they would either do:

1. Remove that bullshit recall where she tp's away every 5 seconds.

2. Make her presence known if she has talents where she can shoot you to oblivion across half the fucking map.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Stealth just got fixed on PTR, Chromie is nowhere near the same level, mostly because she can't fight properly with someone on top of her - she have to look a screen away. QM sucks by default, i don't see this as an argument, you can get quite awful team comps out of it.
    "Fixed". If people paid enough attention to their surroundings before, they'd notice stealthed characters and understand they were close and even be able to knock them out with AoE or lucky skillshots, or at the very least could back off. Now stealth is pointless, they might as well buff the health and movespeed of all stealth heroes and take stealth away.

I hate it because I never feel outplayed by the Hero, no matter how good the player is.
    Nailed it in this sentence.

If you are unlucky enough in your "erratic movement" or "sidestepping", you can get hit over and over. Other skillshots are not as impactful, or have a much shorter range to allow counterplay(specifically windows of vulnerability where heroes are in range to trade).
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I mean Valeera is cancer because stealth is cancer.

Chromie is cancer because she has a high skillcap but a low skill floor. She's fine it's just that she pub stomps shit tier.
    Stealth in HOTS is a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    "Fixed". If people paid enough attention to their surroundings before, they'd notice stealthed characters and understand they were close and even be able to knock them out with AoE or lucky skillshots, or at the very least could back off. Now stealth is pointless, they might as well buff the health and movespeed of all stealth heroes and take stealth away.
    Now it's a level playing field. Now everyone can see them instead of just more experienced players. Stealth was overpowered against newer players and useless against better ones. Now everyone's playing around the same thing.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Now it's a level playing field. Now everyone can see them instead of just more experienced players. Stealth was overpowered against newer players and useless against better ones. Now everyone's playing around the same thing.
    And thus it should be removed because it is now useless against everyone.