Poll: Should Blizzard implement a FoV slider in the options menu?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

FoV (Field of View) slider for BfA

I've been asking about this for years...

Why not just make everyone happy? I know that some people don't care, but for me and for many others, it really does matter.

Eh...Why would you need something like this? WoW isnt played like boring FPS nowadays.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fion Silberpfeil View Post
    Eh...Why would you need something like this? WoW isnt played like boring FPS nowadays.
    Different formats and styles of monitors, is a good reason. Curved monitors with a wider FoV can make you feel like you're in the middle of the action, even in third person view, for example.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    An option for FoV isn't only for first-person games. I am much more comfortable with 90-100 FoV in third-person games as well. You take in more of the world around you and it feels more natural to me.

Deleted
    They'll just fuck you with the boss room in Naglfar-Helya manner. Forget it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    They'll just fuck you with the boss room in Naglfar-Helya manner. Forget it.
    Umm, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Different formats and styles of monitors, is a good reason. Curved monitors with a wider FoV can make you feel like you're in the middle of the action, even in third person view, for example.

I dont know...i have an 32´ curved monitor and i dont feel that i would make the game better. But i cant even "see" it. What would change? Isnt zooming out your fov in higher?

5+ Year Old Account
    I dont know...i have an 32´ curved monitor and i dont feel that i would make the game better. But i cant even "see" it. What would change? Isnt zooming out your fov in higher?
    Field of vision increases the horizontal viewscape as if you're looking through a fisheye lens. It'll show you more of what is to the left and right of your character, essentially. With the appropriate FoV and a curved screen, you can kind of feel like the sides of the screen are part of your peripheral vision, which can help you get more "Into" the game. It can also change the sensation of distance, depending on how crazily you crank it.

Here's an example of a FPS FoV alteration, just to give you some idea of how much more it crams into your screen.

Deleted
    Today's standard is like 70, but it should be 90. In WoW, it looks like 60-70. If Blizzard just implements an option for us that is sensitive to this stuff, we could just raise it to 90 and be happy. And then you other peasants can play with your 60 FoV

And btw... Blizzard is making really nice skyboxes lately (e.g the one on Argus with the epic view of the planet Azeroth) and it's a shame you most of the time have to zoom in below your feet and look up to take in the atmosphere. With a higher FoV, you would more likely be able to look straight ahead and take in more of your surroundings and the skybox even more. WoW would look better than ever before.
    Last edited by mmocd99d5980fd; 2017-12-06 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerium View Post
    Umm, what?
    Play some Legion and you'll see. Avoiding Brackwater Barrages should be particularly illustrative.

Deleted
    Is that you, TotalBiscuit? Are you playing WoW again?

If there was a FoV slider everyone had to put it on max to not have a disadvantage. Like everyone gimping himself who is not playing on max zoom.

As ultra wide monitors are more and more common nowadays, it would only be wise to implement such a simple yet handy feature into WoW. Imho, every good pc game should have a 90-120 FOW slider in their options.

Yes, definitely. I've been missing the zoom out levels since they fucked that up.

Eh... You don't think FOV affects third person? lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If there was a FoV slider everyone had to put it on max to not have a disadvantage. Like everyone gimping himself who is not playing on max zoom.
    That's not a big deal. People would have the option. Play with what you like. It's a PC game and all PC games should have 90 FoV by standard these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerium View Post
    That's not a big deal. People would have the option. Play with what you like. It's a PC game and all PC games should have 90 FoV by standard these days.
    There is no "option", you max your FoV or you're doing it wrong. That's why there is no slider.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There is no "option", you max your FoV or you're doing it wrong. That's why there is no slider.
    You mean for PvP? Arguable.

For everything else? Complete hogwash.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Yes, definitely. I've been missing the zoom out levels since they fucked that up.

Eh... You don't think FOV affects third person? lol.

I just dont understand how that affects third person. First person is clear, but third? Isnt zooming out exactly that?

Deleted
    I just dont understand how that affects third person. First person is clear, but third? Isnt zooming out exactly that?
    No. Zooming out is not the same as increasing FoV.

they will never do this they don't even like letting us zoom the camera out