Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's up with all those legacy achievement updates?

Deleted
    Interesting String related to the Postmaster, Maybe we get to choose a new one in game?

Ah, I knew avoiding finishing Vash'jir quests for Loremaster all these years would eventually pay off. Hopefully this makes it a shorter thing to complete. That zone is the worst in every conceivable way. I'm also not quite done with Kalimdor, so it will be nice for all of that to go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    Is all the Qiraji Mounts gonna be ridable in the next patch? If so that is a long time coming and a welcome change.
    Sure...knowing Blizzard - only ride-able during the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday - calling it now!

Also, anyone who still believes the preorder+4 allied races are not coming in 7.3.5...yeah, no words.
    Last edited by azurrei; 2017-12-05 at 02:13 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Maps - legion - Maw of N'zoth (New)

sounds pretty snazzy

So are we gonna be able to play the allied races in 7.3.5 before BFA comes out?

Cool I love losing hundreds of achievement points every expansion because of stupid legacy bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    • Silithus > Hive'Ashi (New) - Music: Zone-Silithus.
    • Silithus > Hive'Regal (New) - Music: Zone-Silithus.
    • Silithus > Hive'Zora (New) - Music: Zone-Silithus.
    • Silithus > Southwind Village (New) - Music: Zone-Silithus.
    • Silithus > Staghelm Point (New) - Music: Zone-Silithus.
    • Silithus > The Crystal Vale (New) - Music: Zone-Silithus.
    • Silithus > Twilight Outpost (New) - Music: Zone-Silithus.

Hmmmmm....
    New places in the zone?
    I'm not even close to a lore fan or a levelling madman, but I'm pretty sure those places exist already.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    What's up with all those legacy achievement updates?
    They're changing how loremaster works so it's more similar to the way we've been doing them in WoD/Legion
    And they're merging Ulduar 10m and 25m into a singular mode so they moved the specific achievments that required either into legacy

Vanilla-MoP Loremaster requires a specific amount of quests in each zone and would often involve you running around looking for random side quests and what not. With this change, you'll just need to complete the main storylines to get the achievements.
    Last edited by Zahlen; 2017-12-05 at 05:29 PM.

I've been putting off getting Herald of the Titans for years, even have an xp locked level 80 set up for it. This will teach me to procrastinate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Cool I love losing hundreds of achievement points every expansion because of stupid legacy bullshit.
    Yeah it gets really old

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artoria View Post
    They're changing how loremaster works so it's more similar to the way we've been doing them in WoD/Legion
    And they're merging Ulduar 10m and 25m into a singular mode so they moved the specific achievments that required either into legacy

Vanilla-MoP Loremaster requires a specific amount of quests in each zone and would often involve you running around looking for random side quests and what not. With this change, you'll just need to complete the main storylines to get the achievements.
    Are you sure they’re just merging the Ulduar achievemenets and not just making them “new” for Ulduar timewalking?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Am I the only one who values having Legacy achievements more than regular ones? I mean the points are kind of meaningless; you can't do anything with them and as long as the total available is the same for everyone you still end up relatively the same. Legacy achievements though are kind of a "I was there" thing which no one can ever get again.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Legacy achievements are not reflected in your total, therefore they are irrelevant. Nobody will ever see them, so they don't exist. Only the number exists.
    I'm not sure why you think people will never see them. They are listed in the armory and you can compare your achievements with other players in game or link them, etc. Saying they don't exist because they don't contribute points is kind of silly. I value all of my anniversary achievements and other legacy and feats of strength much more than a boring number, but that's just me. You value points more, nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by Thrackerzod; 2017-12-05 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    I'm not sure why you think people will never see them. They are listed in the armory and you can compare your achievements with other players in game or link them, etc. Saying they don't exist because they don't contribute points is kind of silly. I value all of my anniversary achievements and other legacy and feats of strength much more than a boring number, but that's just me. You value points more, nothing wrong with that.
    I'm just bitter because I literally just got to 26k achievement points last night and here we are the next day going "welp there goes like 2k this is fucking stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Nobody cares about looking through your achievements. They will just look at the number if they bother to go to the armory at all. If it's not reflected in the number, you may as well not have it.
    It's true most people probably don't look through your achievements, but honestly I don't think many people care what anyone else's achievement number is either. Has anyone ever been turned down for a raid or kicked out of a guild for not having enough achievement points? Points for important accomplishments like getting a haircut. Personally I just play the game for my enjoyment and I don't really care what other people think of my achievement point number. My achievements are mainly just for me to enjoy, something to give me a sense of accomplishment and to look back over the years and see the places I've been and what I've done.
    Last edited by Thrackerzod; 2017-12-05 at 07:49 PM.

I hope that we have to be exalted with all broken isles reps on just one character.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just realised people are going to have to do all those Ulduar achievements again. Groan. Done them all on 10/25? Yep? Well looks like we have to head in there again for round 3. I really hope I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Optemystic View Post
    I just realised people are going to have to do all those Ulduar achievements again. Groan. Done them all on 10/25? Yep? Well looks like we have to head in there again for round 3. I really hope I am wrong
    More than enough to ge some loots. At least we won't have to worry about the repair bill as often.

15+ Year Old Account
    Highmountain > Maw of N'Zoth (New)

Interesting!