Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mm hunter rework

http://wod-talent-grid-maker.appspot...53113524830208

Let me know what yall think. I know theyre not getting rid of th horrid vulnerable mechanic, so ive been trying to think of a way to improve it.

This is not perfect, the numbers are probably horribly imbalanced, i was just going for concept here.

Wanted to make a much more mobile spec, while leaving our big dmg shot as a stand still ability.

Was going for a more fun, reactive rotation that does not revolve around a terrible mechanic. If a proc is supposed to be up 100% of the time, whats the point of having it be a proc?

2 phase hunter. One mobile phase, one short burn phase. Vulnerability less reliant on RNG and now more controlled by the player. You could go for high upkeep with low bonus, or low upkeep for a very strong burst.

I kept lone wolf because i doubt thats going away.

Besides whats posted, it would be nice to see more traps for ranged hunters, and the old style aspects. But thats not going to happen.

Steady Shot? Kill Shot? Casting while moving?

Yes please!

A couplenotes to add on.

I forgot a cd for windburst. I wanna say 30 seconds.

Sidewinders is probably way to powerful. The idea was to be able to get a 5 stack vulnerable about once a minute. Either The cooldown has to be increased or the second stack removed, but that would make it really boring. I think the best course of action would be to remove it or maybe instead of it replacing arcane and multishot, it would just be an extra damage ability that doesnt have any bonuses.

Black arrow still seems underwhelming. Maybe make it similar serpent sting used to be in cata, and arcane shot could reset the dot. Or make it increase all magical damage you deal to the target?

i still think it makes a ton of sense to allow casting while moving but at either a slowed pace, or a slower cast.

IE you either get a 40% slow or a 20% longer cast, numbers adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    i still think it makes a ton of sense to allow casting while moving but at either a slowed pace, or a slower cast.

IE you either get a 40% slow or a 20% longer cast, numbers adjustable.
    I think this would make a good talent

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean cata hunters? Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon the Huntard View Post
    You mean cata hunters? Yes please!
    Cata hunters with a little flair added in to a revamped vulnerable mechanic pretty much. There's a little extra

I dont understand why did blizz move chimera shot to bm, it doesnt scale with mastery so as bm does benefit very little through weapon dps. HFC MM was great only thing mm was weak at aoe, blizz should focus on mm aoe and rest was fine. So exciting and fun weapon traits could be created prior to chimera shot.

Rotation would be probably around;

1) chimera shot (hard-hitting / 2 target cleave) (at least 10 sec cd)
    2) arcane shot (focus dump)
    3) aimed shot
    4) steady shot (cast time) (focus regenarator)
    5) multi-shot (probably empowered by a serpent sting'like dot) (aoe)
    6) Kill shot (execute)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayagurcu View Post
    I dont understand why did blizz move chimera shot to bm, it doesnt scale with mastery so as bm does benefit very little through weapon dps. HFC MM was great only thing mm was weak at aoe, blizz should focus on mm aoe and rest was fine. So exciting and fun weapon traits could be created prior to chimera shot.

Rotation would be probably around;

1) chimera shot (hard-hitting / 2 target cleave) (at least 10 sec cd)
    2) arcane shot (focus dump)
    3) aimed shot
    4) steady shot (cast time) (focus regenarator)
    5) multi-shot (probably empowered by a serpent sting'like dot) (aoe)
    6) Kill shot (execute)
    I completely agree with most of this. I do not believe expansions should completely revamp specs, they should add to them. I miss chimaera shot as well, so for my build I would be all for removing the talent of Sidewinders and putting in Chimaera shot instead as a 2 target cleave bomb.

Your idea of multishot being empowered by a dot is good too. However, with the current design, serpent sting will not leave SV for MM, so we could benefit from having the black arrow talent instead of being an active ability, could be a passive that afflicts all targets hit by multishot with black arrow.

I do not hate Vulnerability mechanic as well, I just do not like the current design. I believe my version of vulnerability would have been a good way to keep the rotation from earlier expansions, but add in a new mechanic to make it new powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Just edited the talent grid a little. I removed the Piercing shot from aspect of the hawk in exchange for a cast while moving Aimed Shot. I do not think another GCD was needed so piercing shot was removed.

Swapped Chimaera Shot in for Sidewinders.

Edited Black Arrow to be as stated in the above post.

MM doesnt need rework, it only needs to be rolled back to previous versions that people (me included) enjoyed.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care which abilities Hunters use or how their rotation is. The ONLY thing I want, the only thing I'm passionate about considering hunters, is my extreme HATE for pets. As long as we don't need a pet for at least 1 hunter specc, I'm good
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

well looks like your hatred works, bm is at the bottom of dps charts

Deleted
    I'd like MM kept pretty much as it is now, maybe remove sidewinders or change how the spec is played with them cus that shit sucks. But vulnerable windows and standing still for aimed is good in my books. You all complain about our mobility but we are still now one of the more mobile specs in the game.

Honestly I'd be happy with WoD's MM Hunter (HFC 4 set included by default - i.e. instant AiS). Anything else is meh. I don't like having to stand still, and I also hate pet AI. So HFC-MM was the best version IMO.

I don't know if I'm reading your suggestion properly, but I definitely wouldn't want a mobile phase and a burn (non-mobile) phase. It'd just be a pain in the ass to go from a mobile spec to being rooted, especially during cooldowns when ideally you want to be able to move and not lose damage due to RNG mechanics spawning under you.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2018-01-05 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Honestly I'd be happy with WoD's MM Hunter (HFC 4 set included by default - i.e. instant AiS). Anything else is meh. I don't like having to stand still, and I also hate pet AI. So HFC-MM was the best version IMO.

I don't know if I'm reading your suggestion properly, but I definitely wouldn't want a mobile phase and a burn (non-mobile) phase. It'd just be a pain in the ass to go from a mobile spec to being rooted, especially during cooldowns when ideally you want to be able to move and not lose damage due to RNG mechanics spawning under you.
    If you read through the talents I provided a way around this. Aspect of the Dragon replaces Aimed Shot with an instant explosive shot. Aspect of the hawk would give you limited mobility during aimed shot casts, so as long as you time it well and actually put some thought into it, mechanics should not interupt your dps. The last talent in that tier was more meant for PvP as a counter to plate wearing classes.

Maybe I worded it poorly, but the majority of the fight in say a raid environment would be very similar to old ranged SV, which blizzard told us they were going to do anyway. Your new offensive "cooldown" would be vulnerable, which if planned and timed correctly, would allow you to put out some major dps, but you would sacrifice a little mobility for a few seconds to cast some Aimed Shots, an ability that ideally would barely be used outside of vulnerable.

And as I said before, there are ways in the talents to gain mobility during that phase, but you would be sacrificing a little damage if you choose those talents. Increased difficulty will reward you with higher dps.

Aimed Shot to me really should not be castable while moving, especially at regular speed. You are aiming after all. The spec I made has 6 base active damaging shots. 5 of them are mobile. Our highest damage dealer is not. I think that's fair.

Cata hunter was fun, I hope it returns to that era.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    Cata hunter was fun, I hope it returns to that era.
    I agree. Cata was the golden age for hunters. But they will never completely revert back

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cata MM + MoP BM/SV and Hunter is fun again.

If we went back to Cata MM I would probably main hunter again.

Casting while moving
    Then, expect to be last in dps.

Mobility or dps, you'll have to choose. And I assume BM choosed poorly