Poll: Single best innovation in WoW?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, Transmogrification. Group Finder, Mythic+
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Hard to argue with Mythic +. A feature that single handedly created endless content and made dungeons more relevant than ever before, and a system which undoubtedly will continue for the rest of WoW's lifespan. Alternate gear path for people who prefer it as well, especially in BFA. I actually think Legion has set an incredibly high standard for Blizzard. Yeah people complain about RNG, but in Legion we had Order halls, campaigns, spec challenges, Mythic +, Whole new artifacts and talent trees etc. I hope Blizzard compensates with much more all round content in BFA if that all goes away. Lot to live up to.

Deleted
    I'd actually opt for world quests and related stuff (emisaries, rewards). It's step up from daily grinding and for me works perfectly. you get a nice bonus for a few, but could potentially grind to your hearts desire. And it's stale gold/rep rewards, but you can pick and choose which rewards you go for.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Transmog, but mostly after 7.0 interface.

World quests not in the list but I like it far more then the old dailies.

As for upcoming innovations: Zone scaling for 1-100. I really like more freedom of picking zones, obviously still a lot of testing/tuning to do on the xp/health itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides Transmogrification. Cast at mouse cursor macro.
    Aye mate

A lot of people say Transmog but honestly it was done way before WoW... I think LFD was probably the most innovative at its time, not only for WoW but other and future MMOs too.

Transmog probably comes out on top for me. I like LFD but hate LFR.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    easily the best thing they have ever done for this game has been flex raiding/raiding that scales to the group size. The worst thing they ever did to the game is Cross realm AND a close second to that was forcing every class into 1 specific armour type... why

5+ Year Old Account
    People think WoW created transmogging? lol

WoW has ripped off a lot of features from other MMOs in the past in order to stay relevant. The one real innovation it did was Phasing. When I first saw that in the Wrathgate, I was blown away. Two versions of the same place existing side-by-side? Crazy.

I picked flight with transmog a close second.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Account wide transmog FTW, baby.

I'd say both x-realm grouping (for social reasons) and M+ for (content reasons). I don't care how my character looks if I don't have content to do with it and/or can't do it with friends.

Deleted
    Transmog as most of the others are rubbish or a sign of the game getting worse.

Cross-Realm grouping for sure.

For a quest lover like me, best innovation was implemented in WotLK. It's called "phasing". I love when world actually changes after my interaction with it

7+ Year Old Account
    Flex raiding man. When you dont have to worry about having the perfect amount of players with the perfect comp for a raid, it makes the setup procedure far more enjoyable.

15+ Year Old Account
    LFR for me, allowed to "raid" as now I can't do it anymore with my guild because of a 7h time difference.
    Still missing the "real stuff" but at least I can finish the story.

Flex raiding. The main disappointment with flex is that it was 2 years behind; ever since it was added, I've always believed that it could've been a better solution to pug/casual raiding than LFR, given the obscenely low bar difficulty-wise Blizz set with LFR following MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Flying combat! Wait...
    That's not funny man...I'm still sore about it
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.