Thread: BM T21 buff

BM T21 buff

Maybe if you're not using CoF now you won't need as high iLvls to make it worth using T21 4pc? Who knows. It's such a weird set bonus, Aspect of the Wild isn't that exciting to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    It's such a weird set bonus, Aspect of the Wild isn't that exciting to begin with.
    Seems to be a bit of the general approach for hunter T21.
    The only set bonus that could have been exciting is the MM 4p; but they practically neutered that right from the get go.

Survival 2 and 4 set are dull as they apply to what is (arguably) the least interesting ability in a SV hunter's arsenal.

Marksman 2p applies to focus generators, also not really the most exciting element in your rotation

BM set bonuses aren't bad, but also clearly pretty conservative for a final tier.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2017-12-05 at 07:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Seems to be a bit of the general approach for hunter T21.
    The only set bonus that could have been exciting is the MM 4p; but they practically neutered that right from the get go.

Survival 2 and 4 set are dull as they apply to what is (arguably) the least interesting ability in a SV hunter's arsenal.

Marksman 2p applies to focus generators, also not really the most exciting element in your rotation

BM set bonuses aren't bad, but also clearly pretty conservative for a final tier.
    Probably one of the many reasons set bonuses are going away. Creativity outside of making it over complex has already been done many times over.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to get this tier to mess around with 4p+bracers to see how well it works in M+ and add fights
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

With cof nerf (half 4pc effectiveness) reverted is simcraft updated with this info? Maybe bracers making a comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    With cof nerf (half 4pc effectiveness) reverted is simcraft updated with this info? Maybe bracers making a comeback
    Yes, Simcraft (and raibots) is updated. Trinket was still hit with a nerf. As for bracers making a comeback?

Unlikely. This is my result (with and without my pretty good convergence - 915+socket), with my current (pretty good - 2x socket+hc pieces, 1x 965 titanforged helm, and an ordinary) T21 available, and my T20 is pathetic (I have a 935 cloak, 940 shoulders, 935+socket helm - other 3 pieces are base mythic, so using 935+socket helm and base legs, as 940->965 shoulders is too huge of a gap vs the alternatives):

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...1aZW9Azas3uF9Z

[Note: I don't have a proper neck to replace my prydaz for. I went for heroic argus neck as it's got great optimisation and will be "commonly" available for most people). Gap is simply too big right now for this to be worth it, and remember, this is my changing a 940 bracer for 1000, and a 955 neck for prydaz, meaning if your neck is closer in level to your bracers, the stat difference will make an even bigger difference in favor of something like Prydaz.

This is all assuming you ment with the new 4pc though, considering that was the only thing the nerf affected prior to this (which is why I've gone with that assumption - if you didn't then it's not really a "comeback", but rather a "it's been this way the entire time" sort of deal). If you ment while using 4pc t20 and 2pc 21, then numbers are a bit less dire:

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...jCs9YVRMRiYa7M

T21 just sucks.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2017-12-08 at 10:05 AM.

Yeah....... That would be because you're using aspect of the beast instead of killer cobra. Killer cobra MASSIVELY boosts the effectiveness of tier 21

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysayin View Post
    Yeah....... That would be because you're using aspect of the beast instead of killer cobra. Killer cobra MASSIVELY boosts the effectiveness of tier 21
    Killer Cobra buffs T21 more than Aotb does, but Killer Cobra is still worse with T21 than Aotb with T20. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysayin View Post
    "massively" yea OK - here's the two above sims redone with killer cobra:

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...yTJ7nQNrBk4cLp

As you can see, switching from AOTB to KC gains about ~10-15K DPS when using T21 - and almost identical damage in my "best" gear set (AOTB is ~300 DPS ahead of KC in my optimal gear). Of course, KC is far inferior to AOTB; While AOTB gains benefit on cleave (where you'd sub out cobra shots for multishots and thus get zero benefit from killer cobra, while AOTB would still have full benefit if you KC on cooldown), and is generally easier to play (no need to pool focus for BW periods to get the most benefit out of KC), KC just isn't worth taking - even if it does benefit T21 "massively"......

would it be worth getting aspect traits for the new set?

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    would it be worth getting aspect traits for the new set?
    I did the sim again, replacing all T3 by wilderness expert.

All set that start with a (2) are a sim where I replaces 2 * slithering serpent and a jaw T3 by 3 wildernes

Simulations
    Last edited by aomtte; 2017-12-10 at 06:04 PM.

Keep in mind that these sims are all done with an actual character (mine). Your results might vary slightly with your *own* character, but this gives a good idea of a hunter that's just starting out in mythic (~950 ilvl).