Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. There's no good reason not to be able to use them out and about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So you flew around uldum for a bit. Boo-hoo. I didn't get it on my first solve, but it wasn't some vast time commitment.
    Wrong. Try flying around Kalimdor and hoping that doing a bunch of night elf digsites would give you one tol'vir digsite.

I get the very distinct impression that you didn't do the quest chain. Again. I did.

So in case you didn't, lemme clue you in:

Unless you were going to shell out several thousand gold for the elementium ingots (which by and large weren't being farmed because transmog didn't exist,) and because you could realistically only get one or two a week (they were buggy and sometimes unlootable to boot) to get the ten you needed, you were probably farming BWL for a long time. And by god would I much rather farm Tol'vir artifact fragments than have to solo razorgore (extremely buggy,) corpse run back because you couldn't NOT die on vaelstrasz (because of the debuff) and then run through the damn suppression room and then do ALL OF THAT for the next four weeks, IF you were lucky enough to get the ingots to drop.

Oh and then on TOP of that you had to grind up rep with the bronze dragons, which required you to collect an ignominiously vast number of silithid husk fragments (I'm talking thousands,) as well as embark on a very long quest chain requiring numerous portions in which you farm %drops off of mobs in far flung corners of azeroth (before old world flying was a thing, remember?)

All of that was way more effort and initiative than bumming around Uldum for a few hours.
    Elementium Ingots? Maybe if they were Sulfuron Ingots I would have agreed, but Elementium Ingots were a joke in WoTLK and still are.

Sorry, you haven't convinced me otherwise one bit. I farmed those raids for loot constantly during WoTLK, including the old world boss dragons.

And how many wotlk scarab lords are still floating around? Very, VERY few. I honestly have no idea why this is factoring into your argument, which itself is pointless because mount collectors want to collect mounts to use, not just to have sitting as an arbitrary number.
    Is this supposed to be an argument for letting everyone use all Qiraji mounts? Also, there are more WoTLK Scarab Lords around than Classic Scarab Lord.

If anything diminished the value of the Black Qiraji Battle Tank and Scarab Lord title, it was that people could cheese a questline 2 expansions later and get one of the rarest and most exclusive mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipperbane View Post
    I spent more time getting the shriveled monkey paw of a pet. Hell, I nearly have 20 of every solve in Pandaria and I still haven't managed to find Zin'rokh, via trading Solves for Troll Fragments.

And I did it in Cataclysm. I really don't recall how long it took me.
    That's your luck at play, though. The Scepter of Azj'Aqir was a very rare solve. The last one for me, in fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any reason why they should be restricted.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Yeah they should.

Very few people would use them in any case and it doesn't detract from the prestige of the black one.

I wouldn't mind seeing them around in open areas, I might even use them for a while, but I don't think it's something that important, given the amount of available mounts to choose from to use - I'd guess very few people would choose to use them after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Black Qiraji mount is in my opinion the coolest, by far, they ever added to the game.

I spent so many hours to at least get the Blue one and it's one of my absolute favorites too.

I am normally on the "more mounts to the people" train, but for once, it feels nice to have a bit of a rare mount to show off. Even though it was more prestigeous and rare in Cata.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail