Thread: Serenity nerf?

Serenity nerf?

I was checking the PTR changes on the front page, and i noticed this for Monks.

Serenity: While in this state, you deal 40% increased damage and healing, and all Chi consumers are free and have 50% reduced cooldown. cool down 100% more quickly.

Unless i'm misinterpreting the text, that seems like a nerf to Serenity.
    Your Chi consumers gain full CD, but for those 8 seconds their cooldown is reduced by 2seconds per second instead?
    Last edited by Powell; 2017-12-05 at 12:24 PM.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

How is that a nerf? it does exactly the same thing

'50% reducerd cooldown' on an ability with 8sec. cooldown = 4sec. cooldown
    an ability with an 8sec. cooldown is cooling down 100% more quickly = 4sec. cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Jyue88 View Post
    How is that a nerf? it does exactly the same thing

'50% reducerd cooldown' on an ability with 8sec. cooldown = 4sec. cooldown
    an ability with an 8sec. cooldown is cooling down 100% more quickly = 4sec. cooldown
    Well, the way its worded means that you only get 100% cooldown rate during those 8 seconds.
    Wich means there is a static 16sec cooldown reduction over the course of Serenity, granted you keep every ability on CD during Serenity.
    Its a slight nerf to SotWL, and having CDs come up during a FoF channel is even worse.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    If 50% halves CD, 100% must remove em? Must be something else cuz that's completely broken...

Orion, 50% halving cooldown of used abilities while serenity is active. But increasing the cool down rate by 100% means that the ability used has, while serenity is active, an activ regeneration of 2 sec in 1 sec. Meaning it takes half the time to be ready. It's exactly the same as before, but abilities don't have a 50% reduced cooldown when used while serenity is active - every ability (even when on cooldown when using serenity) will benefit from increased cd-rate.
    Exactly like Jyue88 said.
    It's simply a QoL, in the way, that you could use serenity without waiting some sec for an ability to be ready (now Serenity -50% CD benefits used abilities when used while Serenity is active; new Serenity +100% CD-rate benefits every ability while serenity is active, even these on cd before Serenity is used) - on one hand a buff, on the other a nerf.
    Buff because it benefits pre-Serenity abilities, nerf because it doesn't affect abilities when Serenity is over (before: you used FoF right before it is over and even when Serenity ends, FoF still has only the half cooldown)
    I hope it is understandable :d - correct me, if I'm wrong with something!
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2017-12-05 at 02:51 PM.

Deleted
    I read it wrong then.

This is just a tooltip fix. Back in Emerald Nightmare, Serenity really did halve your cooldowns. This caused a snapshot interaction that they didn't like.

When Nighthold was released, they changed it to act like cooldown haste, the same as all other cooldown reducing abilities. They're just now updating the tooltip.

What felix said. Generally any ability "changes" with green/red text is just tooltip changes. The actually ability changes come with the blue text, and the blue tracker.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.