Poll: What is the most anoying thing in raids?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Special Snowflakes.

people who whisper you for loot instantly even though you never linked it in raid and when its a clear upgrade for you.

People blaming others and asking for them to be kicked.

Gratuitous wipes because <random raider> can't understand the most basic mechanics, even after long periods of time or large numbers of attempts. The easier the boss and said mechanic, the more annoying and frustrating it is.

Also, i'm not talking about pugs or casual raids, i'm talking about organized, serious raiding on guilds, where the most 'elitist raiders' and 'top parsers' keep wiping the raid and wasting everyone's time.

(We all make mistakes, we all take time learning mechanics... but having to wipe 20 times on the same aspect of a fight because "joe" doesn't understand the difference between yellow and green on Maiden bothers me immensely).

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the above. Rude, elitist people with bad attitude and impatience are the most annoying things for me, specially the ones who ignore what the RL tells.
    Bit on the lighter side: people who show up for the start of the new tier, get their shit and then drop off, although others stay throughout farm as well and then when new tier comes the same persons feel like they are entitled for a spot *rofl*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    None of the above. Rude, elitist people with bad attitude and impatience are the most annoying things for me, specially the ones who ignore what the RL tells.
    Bit on the lighter side: people who show up for the start of the new tier, get their shit and then drop off, although others stay throughout farm as well and then when new tier comes the same persons feel like they are entitled for a spot *rofl*
    Agree with the first one.
    My personal pet peevee is a variant of your second one - the people who join and do the first 1-2 bosses then are strangely absent during rest of the progression, but as soon as you start progressing on the last boss, they want in and somehow feel like they should have a spot and expect to get gear from all the farm bosses.
    This particular type also has tendency to 'brb, phone!' during trash pulls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Elevator bosses

Other people, period.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Other people, period.
    L'enfer, c'est les autres.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The most annoying thing are people who behave like they are the best while constantly failing in their role or at the boss mechanics.

I can forgive players not knowing the boss, not knowing their class or being slow and standing in shit. But failing while talking like a big guy is an instant kick.

When i do run pugs, which isn't often, i'll always say "if you don't know the fight, just say something". I dislike the people who don't say anything, but then really don't seem to have a clue.

Also, elitists ofc. There is no space for that shit, go play with Method or whoever if you're that fucking great.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    Seriously this has to be the most annoying thing, people make mistakes , people learn each time they wipe, but elitists that leave the group after 1 wipe are just toxic
    And then there are the people who make mistakes, learns nothing and makes the same mistake over and over again.

My guild started mythic the other day and after two weeks of clearing normal and heroic Antorus some people started to ask questions of "How does this mechanic work?" I mean come on, you had how long to learn a regular mechanic on normal and heroic and they start questioning how things work now.

Major thing I hate is when we get to a new mythic boss and I learn it already in 2-3 attempts and I'm sitting there figuring out ways of already boosting my DPS even further while half the guild is still trying to figure out mechanics.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I was going to say 'Nerds who think playing a video game makes them hardcore lol' but your answer is pretty good too!
    What’s wrong with being a nerd?

I hate people who join an organised raiding guild who has a clearly defin3d set of rules for raiding and doesn’t uphold those rules. Stuff like not signing for raids in time, not showing up and giving no prior warning, not being prepared with the agreed upon buffs. I also dislike it when people fail 20 times in a row at something everyone else understands

10+ Year Old Account
    People, in your guild, who will die to the same mechanic every single pull of that boss after we've explained how to not die to it a dozen plus times that night.

People who dislike slow progress in guilds or pugs in both sides "pro players" that don uderstand is a team game and bad player who wait for a free carry

Deleted
    People who kick players doing 950k DPS in normal for 'underperforming', even though they do all mechanics whereas 'big dick' dps dies to ruiner but still stays cause top dps'.

Inb4 projecting much: was not me.

Also: people who spam 'gogogogogo' before explaining fights, and ending up wiping the raid

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The imbeciles that do lower dps than you with better gear.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Typically most bad players (like the people on MMOC who think raider.io should be removed and think expecting basic competence makes you "toxic" and "elitist" LUL) are all 3 of those. Of the 3 I'd say not knowing mechanics because it just magnifies the laziness and incompetence of garbage players expecting to be carried.
    Last edited by Achilles55; 2017-12-10 at 06:52 PM.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Players who come to a New raid and need EVERY mechanic explained to them. There’s YouTube and a Dungeon Journal (which 90% tells you in 3 sentences what to do). I don’t mind explaining what the markers are for but I shouldn’t have to explain how the entire fight works. Usually that’s an auto kick for me.

InB4: That’s elitest. No, it’s not. I don’t have the time to play like I used to, I only play 6 hours a week roughly but it doesn’t mean I don’t want to see the content. Therefore, if I can take 5 mins when taking a shit to look at a pocket guide so I know what to do to make the run smooth I expect the same from you. Don’t waste my time and I won’t waste yours.