Deleted

New Restro Questions

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well. I've had to make a new account as forgot my old one... I've played DK exclusively since WOTLK and lock prior to that and am pretty much bored of it now, pushed over the edge by how melee unfriendly Antorus is.

I'm looking to have a complete change, and give healing a bash for the first time. I have zero experience at healing so I expect it to be a challenge. I've always been interested in playing a drood for the flexibility of the 4 specs, so if you have time would you be able to answer some quick questions for me.

1) how easy is drood healing to learn to play.
    2) is m+ hard to heal due to the playstyle of restro?
    3) any healing tips and tricks that arent in the guides?
    4) Troll much better than cow? Hows the Zanzi troll looking for restro?
    5) Can you solo WQ's etc as restro or better to switch to one of the other specializations
    6) How hard is magetower
    7) Are any of the legos mandatory to play the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
    Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well. I've had to make a new account as forgot my old one... I've played DK exclusively since WOTLK and lock prior to that and am pretty much bored of it now, pushed over the edge by how melee unfriendly Antorus is.

I'm looking to have a complete change, and give healing a bash for the first time. I have zero experience at healing so I expect it to be a challenge. I've always been interested in playing a drood for the flexibility of the 4 specs, so if you have time would you be able to answer some quick questions for me.

5) Can you solo WQ's etc as restro or better to switch to one of the other specializations
    6) How hard is magetower
    1. I have played all of the healers at one point or another and find Druid is easy to play good, but takes some study and understanding to play great. That being said it isn't rocket science to play anything in this game so take that with a grain of salt.

2. I find with the correct build Mythic+ is great as resto and have had zero issues with it. The ability to heal on the move is fantastic, plus our other forms for various tasks or oh crap moments.

3. Not really, just take time and read them plus practice them. See number 1.

4. No idea, I play alliance. I think both are getting a new travel form in BFA.

5. You can solo WQ as resto, yes, but really it is so much better to just switch forms/talents and do it that way.

6. I found mage tower challenging when I did it around 900 gear level. I am 38 and beyond my gaming prime so that may something to do with it. I have them all complete except boom as I dont play that spec. Will wait until gear is way better. Overall though, some people find them hard, others dont. Of the three I have done, resto is without question the hardest and lengthiest of them, feral being the easiest.

7.Mandatory, well not really. I have the two defensive legos equipped and I have been able to do everything just fine. DO some make things way easier, hell yes, mandatory, no.

Overall, I cant give up my druid. I love the ability to change what I am doing on a whim and find all the specs fun and engaging. You either love or hate the class however in my experience if you love them, you won't be able to play anything else, plus there is stealth, a must have for me and an ability that has ruined me to all other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
    Hi guys,

6) How hard is magetower

1. it's Resto(short for restoration) not restro(short for restroom?)
    2. druid healing is fairly easy to learn.
    3. due to the playstyle of RESTO, m+ is relatively easy to heal,ofc there are easier and harder affixes.
    4. tricks that arent in the guides? make your travelform a mount and let ppl up,then jump to death!
    5. for healing troll is a bit better, but really play what classfantasy you prefer.
    6. you can easily solo wqs as RESTO, but ofc it's better to have a dps spec.
    7. pretty easy.
    8. mandatory no, a few combinations are pretty strong while a few suck balls, but none is mandatory.

rdruid is probably the best healer for m+; an argument can be made for paladin but druid just does so many things well. The mage tower is not terribly difficult either

I wouldn't worry that much about which race to play; troll gets an additional small cooldown but stomp can also be really useful, especially if your primary focus is m+

there are no real mandatory legendaries; the shoulders kind of were but they have lose a lot of value if you move away from (or don't have) tier 19

like any healer you can do world quests if you want... but guardian spec is riiiiiight there