Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Yeah, thank you. They look just like Blood Elves.
    I'm not sure why this surprise or even disappoints players, this is what allied race are.. they are sub-races we've wanted.. they are based on existing races with some distinct modifications:

Nightborne = night elves that are skinnier, upturned ears, darker tones and arcane runes. Unique face
    Void elves = blood elves that are more ripped, purple skin/hair/eye shading, and in-combat void swirls animation, animated hair. Unique face
    Highmountain = Tauren with tattoos and huge moose antlers you can't mistake for a tauren even though same skeleton.
    Lightforge Draenei = Draenei with grey/white skin, visible Naaru symbol and Light runes (they could probably use an extra visual distinction)
    Zandalari Trolls = Darkspear Trolls upright, different ears and modified face
    Dark Irons = Dwarves with different colour scheme and different gait, red eye glow

They are all based on existing races, some have more modifications than others, some could do with maybe an extra distinguishing feature (I'm looking at you Lightforged draenei) but this is what they are, when we saw Dark Irons, Nightborne, Highmountain, Taunka, MAg'har orcs, Lightforged, Leper gnomes - we wanted them as races in their own rights, with those looks and skin textures, preferably in higher detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    The one thing that irks me about this, I'll have to spend money to transfer my horde blood elf shadow priest to an alliance void elf priest. Certain classes should get free transfers for a small period of the expansion so it doesn't feel like im getting cheated. I will pay if I have to but please Blizzard, do the right thing I must have this race.
    This is actually blizzard's goal, make money off faction changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Highborne IS an option! It's called a Night Elf!

(I think you mean High Elves dere.)
    you can consider nightborne as highborne too . Although something like Highborne is better suited as a skin option that has jewelry, embriodery, unique neater/fancier hairstyles - sort of how the special DK and DH skins are tacked on to the normal race skins as an extra skin. I could see something like that for highborne amongst night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Highborne IS an option! It's called a Night Elf!

(I think you mean High Elves dere.)
    Exactly. Roll a nelf mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    So basically Alliance get’s re-skinned Blood Elves and Horde gets re-skinned Night Elves

Anyhow, these do look great.
    No, alliance got reskinned blood elves with different hairstyles and horde got remodeled night elves with everything different.

It is funny, on this forums there is an opinion, that we cant get high elves, because they are just copy of existing race, while we got another copy of existing race and no one bats an eye, because they have different skin color and hairstyles. It is not like high elves couldnt get different hairstyles and warpaints, right? Having purple skin is somehow big difference.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-12-05 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    This is actually blizzard's goal, make money off faction changes.
    I don't care, as long as they made the sub-races, afterall it had to be worth the investment right? ANd it was stupid not to do this sooner. Making them as races was not anywhere as hard as doing a full new races, and would actually appeal to a race change far more than just an extra slider would do.

Besides a sub-race as a race is far more appealing than just a slider option. What i think they will do is that some potential races would end up as sliders when it's only a skin change and nothing more can be added and the people are already part of the main group.. otherwise they'd be an allied race. And get the full treatment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Looks good, but I'm still sad that highborne isn't an option.
    We've been able to play Highborne night elves since Cata launched

OT: I am really happy with void elves! So glad they don't have that stupid death knight eyeglow that they had in the BFA announcement. I've always been a high elf fanboy, but this is much more original than just blood elves with blue eyes. Velves have a bunch of awesome (glowing) hairstyles, sweet skins and I love their voices the tentacles are also pretty nifty. I will gladly play them as a rogue, hunter and warlock. Maybe more of I enjoy the experience

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    No, alliance got reskinned blood elves with different hairstyles and horde got remodeled night elves with everything different.

It is funny, on this forums there is an opinion, that we cant get high elves, because they are just copy of existing race, while we got another copy of existing race and no one bats an eye, because they have different skin color and hairstyles. It is not like high elves could get different hairstyles and warpaints, right? Having purple skin is somehow big difference.
    You're right it isn't, but at least void elves are nice - they may give you high elves one day, and who knows, maybe they'd even allow you to have normal skin out of combat, that's nearly as good right? But sub-races are variations of main races, @DecideUH idea of Storm Elves, Star Elves , Celtic elves could also have been an option, his post was good, and i hope they do that soon, but void elves are also good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    We've been able to play Highborne night elves since Cata launched

OT: I am really happy with void elves! So glad they don't have that stupid death knight eyeglow that they had in the BFA announcement. I've always been a high elf fanboy, but this is much more original than just blood elves with blue eyes. Velves have a bunch of awesome (glowing) hairstyles, sweet skins and I love their voices the tentacles are also pretty nifty. I will gladly play them as a rogue, hunter and warlock. Maybe more of I enjoy the experience
    Technically we are playing newly elevated highborne night elves, not original 10k year old Shen'dralar highborne, they are the ones training our trainers.

I usually hate how male high elfs look, but these look totally metal. I might have to roll one.

I better see some scene kid hairstyles in here.

Deleted
    Manly? If you say so. Looks the opposite to me. Overly groomed pretty boy isn't manly. (and that's fine for a void elf)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    This shit is like 10 layers of irony deep.
    you are a huge anime fan don't deny you like their appereance. i understand that you may dont like their story or their place in warcraft but they look good

Deleted
    Good looking Males? They look crap like all Elf males. Now 2 factions are plagued with edge n811 and emo bloodelfs.

I swear to to god... Considering that they ARE blood elves, they better give those facial hair options to blood elves, too!

look at the 1 pixel default gear lol, it's just as bad as anything from before late Cata

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Manly? If you say so. Looks the opposite to me. Overly groomed pretty boy isn't manly. (and that's fine for a void elf)
    A real man takes care of himself!

OT: Yeah the Void Elves are amazing, I'll finally be able to play a good looking male alliance race.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that'll throw this race off and their "manliness" is if that dainty casting animation from the blood elves carries over.

You cuttin' wrists yet?

Joking aside, I think all of the new allied races look cool. Right now, I like Nightborne the most, too bad I play Alliance...

Meh, reskinned Belves are still Belves imo. I like that one facial hair option and the animated hair effect though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    you are a huge anime fan don't deny you like their appereance. i understand that you may dont like their story or their place in warcraft but they look good
    No, because i have something called self-awareness. Just because i like some aspects of certain things, doesn't mean i don't cringe at others.