[EU] Making Server First/Strong Community Guild

Warning, long post.

**NOTE: This is not a “quick, botch something together” project. This is a long term, sustainable project. If you are looking for a raiding guild RIGHT NOW then this isn’t for you. If you’re looking to help build a solid community with a high end raid team, with the aim to grab some server firsts, then please keep reading. The main raiding aims of the guild will be for the next expansion, though we will raid some legion stuff before then when we have a team going. This will also NOT be a hardcore guild**

If you’d like to contact me about helping with this or any questions, add my Btag: Jani#2877 You can also join the Discord Channel to talk to us and ask questions/find out information.

https://discord.gg/7dFjkaS

What’s this all about?

Ok so guilds have been falling apart left right and centre. Whether it’s to people losing interest, or shoddy leadership, it’s been happening a lot lately. After taking a break from the game myself I’ve been thinking about putting the extra effort in and building up a community guild that will stand the test of time. This means having a strong social aspect as well as a raiding aspect. This will not be an overnight project, and it will require effort from those willing to join. If you want to create a community that will last, you can’t expect for it to pop up from nothing.

So what’s the plan?

For starters I’m looking to see if there’s any interest. Socials, raiders, raid leaders, officers. If there’s no interest then there’s no point. If there’s interest then we wills tart recruitment as a guild and push onto discussing the raid team and other various activities (like achievement runs etc.)

The server is up for debate but would like one where we actually stand a chance for getting some server firsts without competing against hardcore guild that raid 5-7 nights a week.

Well what’s the leadership going to look like?

In my head I would like 5 members of leadership. Myself as Guildmaster (which means nothing) and an officer both focusing on the more admin side of the guild. Things like recruitment (with the aid of the Raid Leader for raider applications), making sure everyone’s happy, running the discord/website etc. Any behind the scenes “boring” stuff that the guild needs to keep running, outside of the raid environment.

On top of that I would Like a Raid Leader, and 2 accompanying officers who focus on raid related stuff. Their jobs will be to sort out tactics, the raid team, making sure raiders are performing inside the raid environment. When it comes to raid the Raid Leader has the final say with any tactics, or the raid team. As pointed out earlier, Guild Master means nothing, the Raid Leader get’s end say in these things.

I’d like the split to be like this so we don’t have a single person trying to run everything. That’s unfair to that player and it can burn them out very fast. The point of a leadership team is to split the load and to decide on decisions with the whole guild in mind. Not a single person. The leadership team will also ALWAYS be an odd number. This is to stop there from being an 50/50 voting. Whatever the outcome of a vote, that is what we go with. No if’s no but’s, no arguing. If you are unable to go along with a decision you didn’t vote for, you will not be part of the leadership team.

So will the Raid Leader decide on loot too?

We will run a loot council. It’s up for debate on if it’ll just be the Raid Leader and his two raid officers on the council, or all 5 of the leadership. This is something to be finalized at a later date on what would be more fair. To have more votes, and there for a fairer decision on the loot, or to have the admin leadership stay 100% out of raid business. Once again, it will always be an odd value to stop 50/50 splits.

What days/times were you thinking?

The days will be Wednesday/Sunday/Monday. The times however have not yet been decided. This will be discussed if we get some interest in the project. The days however will not change for the moment due to my work hours. Depending on the raid times chosen the days may be looked at again, but as I have to wake up at 1.30am 4 days a week, it would suck to build together this guild and not get to play with any of you guys! Sorry, this is my one selfish ask.

You mentioned something about server firsts?

Yes, I did! Ok so this WILL NOT be a hardcore guild. No extra late nights, no extra raid days. We will however be trying to grab a server first achievements we can on our schedule. This means we expect our raiders to always be doing their best and taking raids seriously. No ninja pulling, afk’ing for 30mins, no being late/not turning up. If you’ve signed up to raid, be prepared, be on time, and be ready to give it your all. That being said however, the atmosphere will not be as strict. In between pulls jokes and banter are fine. This will be a strictly NO YELLING zone. I’d rather not get any server firsts and have people enjoying their time, than have all the server firsts but with people miserable and yelling at one another. The server firsts are an aim, but a bonus aim. What’s most important here is people having fun while doing their best. If you need 5mins to calm down after a bad pull, just contact the raid leader, take your 5min breather, come back and go again.

Ok, but what if I don’t want to raid?

I love socials! If you don’t want to raid then don’t panic. Long term I would love this guild to have a healthy social atmosphere outside of the raid times too. Social players play a big part in that. I’m sick of all these “you’re not in the club” raiding guilds were social players get basically ignored. That’s unpleasant and I want to change that. Socials are welcome to any 5man runs, any achievement runs, farm runs. You wont be excluded from the guild just because you don’t progress raid with us. If all you want to do is log on, mine some nodes and have a bit of a laugh, then I welcome you with open arms.

How do I apply?

Right now there is no application. I just would like to find some like minded people to discuss things, and then start building the guild. Once we start looking to raid in the new year a website will be created and applications. If you’d like to raid in such a guild and help build it, don’t worry about waiting for applications. Or main raid focus will be the next expansion so what’s left of legion any raids we do will be a trial period and some team building stuff. It will also give us time to help those who’d like to break the glass ceiling of “you need experience to get experience” get to the raiding level we are looking for. If you're willing to work hard and research, your past experience doesn't matter. Your personality is what’s most important.
    Last edited by Merixa; 2017-12-06 at 05:10 PM.