Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wow you have your information almost entirely wrong. This post almost made puke.

gnomes are one of the oldest races. So no. And I hate gnomes but they've always had a deep history and never felt it of place by any means.
    Last edited by Scornedfury; 2017-12-06 at 12:08 PM.

Well you're first sentence is presumed and entirely wrong so I stopped reading at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    I think they're awesome. If you are upset with immersion, you might want to rethink your avatar of a NE wearing tinker goggle's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Hahahahaa this made me moist

I don't know if it's still this way but the entrance to Stormwind used to have a statue of all Alliance races except gnomes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Gnomes were added to Warcraft solely because of a hasty, not well thought out decision concerning Goblins and faction loyalty. They're used as comic relief but otherwise Blizzard acknowledges their fuckup and practically doesn't treat them as canon with their irrelevance from anything major up to cinematics. I mainly find Gnomes offensive because Warcraft as a franchise is founded on badassery and rule of cool, something Gnomes are devoid of. World of Warcraft is founded on the same themes, but also obviously with the MMO aspect of creating your own, unique and awesome character that progressively gets stronger.

It just seems to be undermining everything when you play as a Gnome compared to the likes of Orcs, Tauren, Night Elves, or even Humans.
    Edgelord found: 1/1

And as pointed out multiple times before in this thread - Gnomes go back to WC2, so it's by no means a joke race created solely to offset Goblins (also, Goblins weren't a Horde faction until Cataclysm). Neither were Pandaren, to be honest - as Chen existed since WC3.
    Last edited by Spray; 2017-12-06 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes were added to Warcraft solely because of a hasty, not well thought out decision concerning Goblins and faction loyalty. They're used as comic relief but otherwise Blizzard acknowledges their fuckup and practically doesn't treat them as canon with their irrelevance from anything major up to cinematics. I mainly find Gnomes offensive because Warcraft as a franchise is founded on badassery and rule of cool, something Gnomes are devoid of. World of Warcraft is founded on the same themes, but also obviously with the MMO aspect of creating your own, unique and awesome character that progressively gets stronger.

It just seems to be undermining everything when you play as a Gnome compared to the likes of Orcs, Tauren, Night Elves, or even Humans.
    Rule of cool, and then we have night elves? Sorry, this is war, sister, and you ally with who you can.

I don't like playing gnomes, nor Night elves or forsaken.

Besides, I find the machines and such to be quite badass, especially High Tinker's suit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7/10 acceptable bait. Would feign outrage again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think gnomes are awesome and can be just as badass as any other race in Warcraft. I mean have you not seen that awesome cutscene in the beginning of the Legion invasion where Gelbin Mekkatorque kicks ass in his mech suit? How is that not badass? In fact I've been wishing for an expansion where it focuses on gnomes and goblins with robots being one of the main enemies.

I don't know why people think Warcraft is supposed to be all serious all the time. It's been evident for years that Warcraft was all about being serious for the most part while having that bit of comic relief here and there to brighten things up.

Just talking about them makes me want to go play on one of my gnome characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I think gnomes are awesome and can be just as badass as any other race in Warcraft. I mean have you not seen that awesome cutscene in the beginning of the Legion invasion where Gelbin Mekkatorque kicks ass in his mech suit? How is that not badass? In fact I've been wishing for an expansion where it focuses on gnomes and goblins with robots being one of the main enemies.

I don't know why people think Warcraft is supposed to be all serious all the time. It's been evident for years that Warcraft was all about being serious for the most part while having that bit of comic relief here and there to brighten things up.

Just talking about them makes me want to go play on one of my gnome characters.
    I feel like that instance with Gelbin was just a bone thrown for people complaining Gnomes did nothing. But other than that, what have they done? They're 100% comic relief unlike Goblins (who also have significant plot bearing).

Even their tech people claim is cool just seem so alien to the WC universe compared to the gritty and unstable Goblin work.

the thing about thoese things is they're jokes or misc novelties and Blizzard has been doing those since forever pretty much. There's nothing outwardly comical or distasteful about how every other race is except possibly Pandaren.

I just miss Chris Metzen and his vision of WC.
    You mean like Warcraft II? Where Gnomes were introduced with the Flying Machine and Submarine units?

Chris Metzen is the reason Gnomes are in the game.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulaza View Post
    EXCUSE YOU! BUT ITS WINTER VEIL YOU INSENSITIVE PRICK!!! >:@

/s
    lmaooo yooo
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

5+ Year Old Account
    The only thing playing a gnome insults is yourself.

For choosing gnomes.

Because gnomes exist only to be punted.

I cite my 20+ years of D&D experience as reference.

(This has been a shitpost)
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Nope, because gnome casters are awesome.

The feeling is more that Warcraft doesn't do them justice.
    Last edited by Razion; 2017-12-12 at 02:10 AM.

this thread is going places

As a person who only plays on Alliance cause I found a good raiding guild, I can honestly say gnomes are disgusting and need to be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarp89 View Post
    You have a problem with gnomes but you don't have a problem with giant, beer-drinking, kung-fu pandas? Also night elves are for edgelords.
    If Night Elves are edgelords then wtf are Undead? Trve Black Metal?

Gnomes need better racials and a class to rally behind is all. That and better lore that isn't all jokes.

Make them formidable with an army of mechs in BFA or something. Mobilize them into an army as they deserve to be after 12+ years of war development. The Iron Horde under Garrosh was able to mobilize a 'mechanized' army in far less time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

In all of my years here, or on the WOW General forums...

Nah. Not worth the infraction.