Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Arthas corpse still on top of the Icecrown ?!?

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277759/d...hots:277759:19 So you go to loot Invincible's reins from Arthas. Is that canon ?

screw Tirion, cant the ebon blade just ress Arthas?
    Last edited by EternalBany; 2017-12-06 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    Idk. I'm just curious if this is canon or not. I don't want blizzard to f with arthas for expansions. Just bring him back already.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreiOptyck View Post
    Idk. I'm just curious if this is canon or not. I don't want blizzard to f with arthas for expansions. Just bring him back already.
    Don't bring him back. Please for the love of god leave something dead in the universe. I would love to see a redeemed Arthas storyline but that would lessen his impact on the game and make the story even cheaper.

Deleted
    Someone said that the questline is more like a joke. It might be, but Blizzard should do something already.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Don't bring him back. Please for the love of god leave something dead in the universe. I would love to see a redeemed Arthas storyline but that would lessen his impact on the game and make the story even cheaper.
    I think we could do a redeemed Arthas storyline -in the Shadowlands-. Where he stays dead, but is a major help to us, there, in stopping some greater evil.

That would be a good way to do it?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Of course it's not canon, Blizzard has stated several times that many of their quests aren't.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277759/d...hots:277759:19 So you go to loot Invincible's reins from Arthas. Is that canon ?
    Nope. It's just a joke quest. "An adventurer" has done ICC in the last one week or so, he dropped Invincible but didn't loot it.

This is completely not canon. This is a joke questline that is playing with the ingame mechanics of the mail system and those pesky people who keep mailing your shit that you forgot to grab.

As for Arthas: I'm not sure what there is to even bring back potentially. Not really sure where Arthas' body has gone, but he's been dead for a LOOOONG time. Frost death knights also cleansed the shards of Frostmourne of both his, and Ner'zhul's souls.

that Johnny Awesome making a fool of myself one more time

Considering the questline has you bring Invincible to Johnny Awesome - who then says he already has one - it most likely is not canon. It's just a fun quest to get you a pet, title, and toy.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Death Knights go up to the Frozen Throne, there's nothing up there except Bolvar.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Man, this is a total joke quest that highlights game mechanics like raid loot. The very character that "forgot to loot" Invincible already has Invincible "from last week's lockout". Do you think it's canon that Arthas is killed several times weekly, has several Invincibles, and carry his horse in his pocket?
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Though Arthas could be brought back or at least made relevant again. After the Chronicle books came out fleshing out the universe it pretty much explained that he would go to the Shadowlands after death. So unless his soul was destroyed he is pretty much in the dark evil place that Sylv saw when she died from the Icecrown suicide.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I think we could do a redeemed Arthas storyline -in the Shadowlands-. Where he stays dead, but is a major help to us, there, in stopping some greater evil.

I'd be up for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Non-canon.

I'm hoping Arthas' body is on display somewhere in Silvermoon, hanging on someone's wall like a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

Yea lets redeem someone who killed 90% of the elven population AND have alleria still be alliance good grief
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Arthas's body wasn't at the Frozen Throne when frost death knights went there to get their artifacts. They've yet to reveal what happened to his body.

It's a joke quest, dont read anything actually meaningful into it

Id guess Arthas body is in an unmarked grave in Lordaeron or something

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Yea lets redeem someone who killed 90% of the elven population AND have alleria still be alliance good grief
    Having Arthas's soul in the Shadowlands do a good thing, or even a lot of good things, wouldn't have any impact on Alleria being part of the Alliance? Like... read my post: He stays dead, but does good things to help save the world and protect people and... y'know... has a redemption arc. While dead. Not joining the Alliance.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.