Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Speculation: Undead Vereesa

It's been brought up, elsewhere, a bit. But I thought a dedicated thread might be good for it!

In the two images of the Burning of Teldrassil, we see a wounded elf wearing what appears to be Vereesa's blue cloak/hood. In one image she's on her knees, pincushioned by arrows in her back in what appears to either have been a sneak attack, shots while she was fleeing, or arrows aimed at someone else before she leapt into their path to protect someone.

I've suggested that the last one might be possible, if Genn Greymane tries to have Sylvanas assassinated. In that situation, Vereesa might try to save her sister by taking the arrows, herself, because no matter what Sylvanas is: She's -still- a Windrunner. I can't really imagine anyone who wants to ambush Vereesa, though, but they could've mistaken her, in darkness, for Sylvanas? The hood, the cape, the body-style, they do look somewhat similar from behind, where the arrows pierced her.

And I can't imagine anyone but the Horde shooting her in the back while she flees. There's just no one in the Alliance, at the moment, who seems like a good candidate to try and cut her down unless Genn is going off the deep end and decides to kill Sylvie's Sister since she "Killed his Family".

But regardless of the way she dies, I think there's a damned high chance Sylvanas would raise her as an undead elf, possibly even sacrificing one of her Val'kyr to do it, because as much as she pretends not to care, it's clear that she's lying to herself. But what happens then?

She's long been the Ranger-General of the Silver Covenant, the militant wing of the Kirin Tor High Elves who oppose the Blood Elves. She would not immediately discard her loyalties, just because her sister returned her from the dead. Is it possible we'd have two undead Windrunners running around the open world, one in charge of the Silver Covenant?

I feel like that is at least a -bit- unlikely. I think the Silver Covenant, and the Alliance in general, would no longer trust her, since Sylvanas might be controlling her in some way they can't necessarily see or comprehend. But if they push her aside from that position, would Vereesa accept such a demotion? Or would she look to some other path in the world to get -away- from that treatment, from being discarded?

I could see her joining Sylvanas in -that- instance. If she comes back as undead and the Alliance pushes her to the side and even the Silver Covenant turns from her, she could certainly return to her sister's side and become the Ranger General of the Forsaken. The Dark Ranger in command of all of their forces, who will turn them from a disparate group of loners into a military force to be reckoned with... but.

I see it as even more likely that if Vereesa were to be raised as an Undead being, she'd go Voss on the world. Fight against evil, become a lone agent or perhaps create or join some new organization that is neither the Horde nor the Alliance. Something in between... That could train Dark Rangers for both sides as a new character class in a future expansion.

Well. I don't think the Dark Ranger Class is on the immediate horizon, but making her own way in the world could be? Anyway: What do y'all think? What's going to happen to that elf lying on Darkshore with a quiver of arrows in her back?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I see it as even more likely that if Vereesa were to be raised as an Undead being, she'd go Voss on the world. Fight against evil, become a lone agent or perhaps create or join some new organization that is neither the Horde nor the Alliance. Something in between... That could train Dark Rangers for both sides as a new character class in a future expansion.
    I really see the Dark Ranger not becoming a class in its own right, but more as a spec of a fully fledged Ranger class that includes two to three other specs, including a void elf Ranger spec (Void Ranger), a Light themed spec (Ranger General), and possibly either a ghost themed spec (Kinda themed around the Azsuna nelf ghosts), or a WC3 Tyrande-esque spec (Moonlit Ranger).

But that's my opinion, and we really need a new ranged class.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Feldaughter View Post
    I really see the Dark Ranger not becoming a class in its own right, but more as a spec of a fully fledged Ranger class that includes two to three other specs, including a void elf Ranger spec (Void Ranger), a Light themed spec (Ranger General), and possibly either a ghost themed spec (Kinda themed around the Azsuna nelf ghosts), or a WC3 Tyrande-esque spec (Moonlit Ranger).

But that's my opinion, and we really need a new ranged class.
    Mmm... In my first weeks on this forum, I posted a suggested "Dark Ranger/Shadowhunter" class that I think would be cool.

But even if she doesn't take on -that- role, explicitly, I could still totally see her taking command of a new organization or becoming an arrow of vengeance, one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It's been brought up, elsewhere, a bit. But I thought a dedicated thread might be good for it!

In the two images of the Burning of Teldrassil, we see a wounded elf wearing what appears to be Vereesa's blue cloak/hood. In one image she's on her knees, pincushioned by arrows in her back in what appears to either have been a sneak attack, shots while she was fleeing, or arrows aimed at someone else before she leapt into their path to protect someone.

I've suggested that the last one might be possible, if Genn Greymane tries to have Sylvanas assassinated. In that situation, Vereesa might try to save her sister by taking the arrows, herself, because no matter what Sylvanas is: She's -still- a Windrunner. I can't really imagine anyone who wants to ambush Vereesa, though, but they could've mistaken her, in darkness, for Sylvanas? The hood, the cape, the body-style, they do look somewhat similar from behind, where the arrows pierced her.

And I can't imagine anyone but the Horde shooting her in the back while she flees. There's just no one in the Alliance, at the moment, who seems like a good candidate to try and cut her down unless Genn is going off the deep end and decides to kill Sylvie's Sister since she "Killed his Family".

But regardless of the way she dies, I think there's a damned high chance Sylvanas would raise her as an undead elf, possibly even sacrificing one of her Val'kyr to do it, because as much as she pretends not to care, it's clear that she's lying to herself. But what happens then?

She's long been the Ranger-General of the Silver Covenant, the militant wing of the Kirin Tor High Elves who oppose the Blood Elves. She would not immediately discard her loyalties, just because her sister returned her from the dead. Is it possible we'd have two undead Windrunners running around the open world, one in charge of the Silver Covenant?

I feel like that is at least a -bit- unlikely. I think the Silver Covenant, and the Alliance in general, would no longer trust her, since Sylvanas might be controlling her in some way they can't necessarily see or comprehend. But if they push her aside from that position, would Vereesa accept such a demotion? Or would she look to some other path in the world to get -away- from that treatment, from being discarded?

I could see her joining Sylvanas in -that- instance. If she comes back as undead and the Alliance pushes her to the side and even the Silver Covenant turns from her, she could certainly return to her sister's side and become the Ranger General of the Forsaken. The Dark Ranger in command of all of their forces, who will turn them from a disparate group of loners into a military force to be reckoned with... but.

Well. I don't think the Dark Ranger Class is on the immediate horizon, but making her own way in the world could be? Anyway: What do y'all think? What's going to happen to that elf lying on Darkshore with a quiver of arrows in her back?
    I think is possible. A great war erupts from almost nothing, in that book (and whatever will paint the burning of teldrassil) a lot of things have to happen to justify that escalation in that short time.

Taking a prominent alliance leader and instantly turning them into a horde character sounds like a bit of a stretch to me, especially given how Vereesa's been portrayed as one of the more hawkish alliance figures. Even having her go rogue would seem odd in that context.

Dark Ranger would be cool though. Game could really stand to have a second ranged class. Or any new class that isn't melee really.

I don't think there is a chance at all of any "dark ranger" class ever happening. For one, it's just a MM hunter with shadow spells. But it's not only that, it's shadow powers come from being a banshee that is put back back into their body.

In other words, Dark Rangers can only be undead, which in and of itself restricts this from being a player class.

Undead Vareesa tho? Sure, why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Hopefully she will die by fire or disintegration so it will never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think the armor doesn't look much like hers unless she decided to go back to something from her past.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think it is Shandris Feathermoon looking at Teldrassil. Both Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage die in the attack and Shandris is to slow to mobilise her army to defend the tree. She defeats the horde on the shores of Darkshore only to be to late to save the Teldrassil. Which leaves that art work as she watches Teldrassil burn. It would make sense as she is the closest Alliance commander outside of Teldrassil.
    Aye mate

a couple arrows cant do anything to Silvanas and if Vereesa dies, Silvanas wont resurrect her because this was already explored in a book and Vereesa decided she didnt want to be an undead and Silvanas will probably respect her choice even in death

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    a couple arrows cant do anything to Silvanas and if Vereesa dies, Silvanas wont resurrect her because this was already explored in a book and Vereesa decided she didnt want to be an undead and Silvanas will probably respect her choice even in death
    Sylvanas, after Vereesa said "No" plotted to murder her sister to bring her back as the undead. Eventually she decided against committing murder since it would push her sister away.

But if she died? I think Sylvie would rez her.

God I hope not. I don't want that... thing... in my faction. Kill it with fire, throw the ashes into the maelstrom and let the troggs of Deepholm feed on it.
    Last edited by Sangris; 2017-12-07 at 03:55 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    No, no please.

Keep that scum out of the Horde, he’ll if she dies it cleans the Alliance, but don’t give to the Horde.

Let her stay dead, throw her constantly forgotten kids in that pit too.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-12-07 at 04:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I honestly think it is Shandris Feathermoon looking at Teldrassil. Both Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage die in the attack and Shandris is to slow to mobilise her army to defend the tree. She defeats the horde on the shores of Darkshore only to be to late to save the Teldrassil. Which leaves that art work as she watches Teldrassil burn. It would make sense as she is the closest Alliance commander outside of Teldrassil.
    ^^ This. Plus, why would Vereesa be outside Teldrassil? Dalaran is her home and where her 2 sons live.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I still think the armor doesn't look much like hers unless she decided to go back to something from her past.
    she is very sexy looking >.>
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    her in game armour looks nothing like that so, that is actually 'going back' to something.

Let's just have a dead Vereesa.

yea it's Shandris standing next to Saurfang like 'dang boi, gg'
    That is my point...her shoulder armor is spikey in game and the image of the injured/dead elf has shoulderpads just like the old Vereesa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    yea it's Shandris standing next to Saurfang like 'dang boi, gg'
    This is the artwork I am talking about. That is clearly a night elf.

Aye mate

5+ Year Old Account

Could be a Nelf. But the ears look a bit pink (Contrast to Sylvanas's blue-ish hue even in the orange light). While the size difference could be explained by depth of field. The person in repose is on a raised platform and closer to the viewer, based on the lines of the ground itself.

So definitely -arguable- that it's a Nelf, but not a clear black and white situation.

So they set it on fire from all the way across the ocean?

Teldrassil is huge, they are at Darkshore in that artwork.

7+ Year Old Account
    oh god pls no, one undead windrunner is already too much

in fact they can kill l he others and burn with fire

- - - Updated - - -

[/IMG]
    this is not clearly a night elf, dont even look like a night elf, just look at the ears

could be one, but don't look like