Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love it if somehow its ht eNight Elves who accidentally pepper Vereesa with arrows and kill her and that's why Sylvanas burns down their tree.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I would love it if somehow its ht eNight Elves who accidentally pepper Vereesa with arrows and kill her and that's why Sylvanas burns down their tree.
    All the way from Darkshore huh?

You guys are basing this idea that Sylvannas burns it down based on an image of her standing on Darkshore.

It's pretty obvious that Blizzard let that image out so that you would think that's what's going on.

They don't want us to know what the story is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The story is Nomi with the secret allegiance to Basic Campfire performed the most devastating account of arson this side of the maelstrom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post

You guys are basing this idea that Sylvannas burns it down based on an image of her standing on Darkshore.

It's pretty obvious that Blizzard let that image out so that you would think that's what's going on.

I saw you say the same thing on page 1 too and you're still not right,

The Horde has a goblin cannon in Azshara the size of an island,

Burning down teldrassil from Darkshore isn't impossible.

In-game scale has always been off, for all we know Darkshore might be closer to Teldrassil than we think.

I don't think there is a chance at all of any "dark ranger" class ever happening. For one, it's just a MM hunter with shadow spells. But it's not only that, it's shadow powers come from being a banshee that is put back back into their body.

In other words, Dark Rangers can only be undead, which in and of itself restricts this from being a player class.

Undead Vareesa tho? Sure, why not?
    What? All Death Knights are also undead and that didn't stop them from adding them to the game.

You're confusing undead with Forsaken. Undead is a state. Forsaken is a faction/self-proclaimed race.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I saw you say the same thing on page 1 too and you're still not right,

The Horde has a goblin cannon in Azshara the size of an island,

Burning down teldrassil from Darkshore isn't impossible.

In-game scale has always been off, for all we know Darkshore might be closer to Teldrassil than we think.
    Azshara is nowhere remotely close to Teldrassil, good luck aiming some cannon that far away and hitting the target. Either way what the flying fuck do you mean I'm not right? This is all speculation. We do not know who causes this, or even when this shit goes down. Love your insinuation that you're 100% baseless speculation is somehow more right, gtfo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    What? All Death Knights are also undead and that didn't stop them from adding them to the game.

You're confusing undead with Forsaken. Undead is a state. Forsaken is a faction/self-proclaimed race.
    You don't comprehend, all Dark Rangers are banshees that were put back into their bodies, just like Sylvannas. Only undead elves are banshees. It is a huge stretch of the imagination that Blizzard would ever consider making such a thing a playable class based on ALL of the reasons I listed, not the least of which is that it's just a fucking banshee that used to be a MM hunter. I get that you like this and want it, but it's about as likely as Jaina turning out to be a dreadlord.

In other words, Dark Rangers can only be undead, which in and of itself restricts this from being a player class.
    This is what I was responding to. You clearly were not aware that all Death Knights are undead.

I have absolutely no investment one way or the other on if dark rangers ever happen in WoW. I'm not sure why you went off on some tangent about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    This is what I was responding to. You clearly were not aware that all Death Knights are undead.
    Maybe try responding to my whole post and not cherry picking one line taken out of context so you can make a stupid point that doesn't actually detract from mine.

This was the post:

I don't think there is a chance at all of any "dark ranger" class ever happening. For one, it's just a MM hunter with shadow spells. But it's not only that, it's shadow powers come from being a banshee that is put back back into their body.

Try again. This time make a response that's worth even reading.

Oh but hey, literally 100% of all Dark rangers in game are *get this* Forsaken.

Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams but it's just not likely to happen, and that's not even the most likely reason why, it's because they're just fucking MM hunters with shadow spells.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-07 at 07:52 AM.

So they set it on fire from all the way across the ocean?

Teldrassil is huge, they are at Darkshore in that artwork.
    A credible leak says Sylvanas uses the shard of Sargeras' sword to burn the tree. Anything is possible when you have a magical WMD! xd

on topic: I would have bought this theory if the Aethas defecting to the Alliance theory was also true. Right now It looks like that isn't happening, and I don't see Blizzard doing an Alliance defector without also a Horde defector for balance.

tbh I hope they both just die. It's overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    A credible leak
    "credible leak"

Dude didn't even know Sargeras Sword was a thing until Antorus cinematic dropped. And that didn't drop until people cleared the raid. And not to mention he confused Teldrassil and Nordrassil.

I would take anything that guy has to say with a grain of salt.

Also he never even said it's something that happens, only suggested it's something that could.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post47844354

I'll give the guy this, he probably knew some stuff about the Xpac in advance (faction war focus, new continents, cinematic, allied races) but he doesn't know anything else.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-07 at 08:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    This is the artwork I am talking about. That is clearly a night elf.

snipped
    That image is clearly two night elves. The image below shows what appears to be from left to right a Draenei, human or dwarf, night elf, and most likely a dead withered (why they would be there idk but that's what it looks like) or night elf.

"credible leak"

Dude didn't even know Sargeras Sword was a thing until Antorus cinematic dropped. And that didn't drop until people cleared the raid. And not to mention he confused Teldrassil and Nordrassil.

I would take anything that guy has to say with a grain of salt.

Also he never even said it's something that happens, only suggested it's something that could.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post47844354

I'll give the guy this, he probably knew some stuff about the Xpac in advance (faction war focus, new continents, cinematic, allied races) but he doesn't know anything else.
    Hmm, I'm not sure if it was this guy or not but I recall a leak saying Sylvanas would use the sword, and also got the Vol'jin in a urn thing correct. That's why I called it credible.

i could be wrong and I hope I am tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure if it was this guy or not but I recall a leak saying Sylvanas would use the sword, and also got the Vol'jin in a urn thing correct. That's why I called it credible.

i could be wrong and I hope I am tbh
    It was that guy.

Either way here's the thing, my point is no matter how credible, the issue is how people are treating rumors. Until it's proven it's just a rumor.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-07 at 09:02 AM.

Deleted
    Azshara is nowhere remotely close to Teldrassil, good luck aiming some cannon that far away and hitting the target. Either way what the flying fuck do you mean I'm not right? This is all speculation. We do not know who causes this, or even when this shit goes down. Love your insinuation that you're 100% baseless speculation is somehow more right, gtfo.
    You should calm down, why are you swearing?

You're speculating that it's impossible for the Horde to set Teldrassil on fire because Sylvanas is looking at the tree burning from Darkshore, and that's aparrently far away.

I'm saying you're wrong because the Horde has a cannon in Aszhara literally aimed at Stormwind.

I'm not saying that they'd use the same cannon obviously, I'm saying they have one with a much greater reach ( Kalimdor to the Eastern Kingdoms BTW, if the cannon could be turned it could be used to fire at Teldrassil ) than one(s) in Darkshore would need if the Horde were to construct some.

If they wanted to bombard Teldrassil from Darkshore they absolutely could.

Of course this is speculation, but mine is based on what the Horde is actually capable of.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-12-07 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    That's Saurfang, Blightcaller, and Sylvanas.
    i don't think it's saurfang actually. His in-game model has one shoulder pad but the orc in this artwork has two.

Try again. This time make a response that's worth even reading.

Oh but hey, literally 100% of all Dark rangers in game are *get this* Forsaken.

Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams but it's just not likely to happen, and that's not even the most likely reason why, it's because they're just fucking MM hunters with shadow spells.
    All Dks were either dead or Part of the Scourge...Paladins were only Humans and Dwarfs...but Shamans were only Orcs, Trolls and Taurens...Dh were only Night elfs...Monks were only Pandaren.

Also, this is really your defining argumment agaisn't the class?Can't you be anymore unoriginal?

10+ Year Old Account

Well there potential horde ships in that picture. So it wouldn't be Sylvanas herself but her fleet firebombing the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Well there potential horde ships in that picture. So it wouldn't be Sylvanas herself but her fleet firebombing the tree.
    Indeed.
    Its not like Major figures stay away from the destruction so that nothing happens to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Feldaughter View Post
    I really see the Dark Ranger not becoming a class in its own right, but more as a spec of a fully fledged Ranger class that includes two to three other specs, including a void elf Ranger spec (Void Ranger), a Light themed spec (Ranger General), and possibly either a ghost themed spec (Kinda themed around the Azsuna nelf ghosts), or a WC3 Tyrande-esque spec (Moonlit Ranger).

But that's my opinion, and we really need a new ranged class.
    A "Ranger" class is seriously too much like a Hunter. I mean, at this point, Survival is basically the 'ranger' specc for Hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    =Dh were only Night elfs
    Not that I don't agree with your post or the point it was driving home, but there were blood elf demon hunters in TBC. They were all over the Black Temple's exterior areas and stuff, and several of them were involved with quests.