Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Elemental Lord Elven Athena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Murdering Greenskinned filth, wherever it oozes forth
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    Would say it is worst, As Theramore atleast got a warning beforehand and people had time to escape.
    How the shit do you escape a burnign tree that burns at the bottom and up?
    Although physics doesn't really matter in wow, heat rises everyone on the top will be roasted by the convection. I don't know if Blizz will even put out an estimate of how much of the night elf race was exterminated in the burning, but considering a huge city, small towns and countless people living there, I'd say a good chunk of them are gone. Blizzard's silence is deafening.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    Would say it is worst, As Theramore atleast got a warning beforehand and people had time to escape.
    How the shit do you escape a burnign tree that burns at the bottom and up?
    Teldrassil has an army of night elfs protecting it to buy citizens time.

    Then you have a newly reintroduced society of magic users that can open portals to any other city on the planet, or nature attuned druids that can probably sense something going horrifically wrong with the giant tree under their feet or elune sharing some warning to tyrande/ her chosen people.

    I think the citizens would be fine.

  3. #23
    Elemental Lord Elven Athena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Murdering Greenskinned filth, wherever it oozes forth
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Teldrassil has an army of night elfs protecting it to buy citizens time.

    Then you have a newly reintroduced society of magic users that can open portals to any other city on the planet, or nature attuned druids that can probably sense something going horrifically wrong with the giant tree under their feet or elune sharing some warning to tyrande/ her chosen people.

    I think the citizens would be fine.
    We'll find out. Evacuating that many people is not something that can be done rapidly. Especially when the place is burning. if the conflagration is fast there is no buying time. Everyone dies, including the army. That's a LOT of people.

  4. #24
    Dreadlord Avar ize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    corpse running
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    We'll find out. Evacuating that many people is not something that can be done rapidly. Especially when the place is burning. if the conflagration is fast there is no buying time. Everyone dies, including the army. That's a LOT of people.
    I just do not think Blizzard got the balls to pull it off tho :\

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    They would "not" be the bad guys in this case tho, Just one fanatical Night Elf hating other Nighr Elfs..

    Guess they removed it because of precious QQ ally tears
    wowhead many times mistakenly attributes a dialogue to a character that belongs to another character

  6. #26
    Elemental Lord Elven Athena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Murdering Greenskinned filth, wherever it oozes forth
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    I just do not think Blizzard got the balls to pull it off tho :\
    They did it with Theramore. It would cement the concept that Kalimdor is effectively left to the Horde. Feathermoon will be easy to take out with no support from Darnassus.

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire Plehnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    377
    So Thalyssa is the new Dreadlord now?

  8. #28
    Dreadlord Avar ize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    corpse running
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    They did it with Theramore. It would cement the concept that Kalimdor is effectively left to the Horde. Feathermoon will be easy to take out with no support from Darnassus.
    They kind of did not tho, Since Theramore got warned before hand and only about a handful of people actually died.

    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    So Thalyssa is the new Dreadlord now?
    Nah, Just another racist Night Elf wanting to kill other racist Night Elves

  9. #29
    Even with Tyrande acting like a teenage bitch, Thalysra wouldnt do something like THAT. She wants her people to live in peace, not in war. She is above such petty things. Tyrande should also be...

  10. #30
    I know it probably wouldn't happen but if it were true would sure would sure give me something to laugh at after everyone called Tyrande a dick for how she acted, this would take her from 75% justified to 110% justified.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    They would "not" be the bad guys in this case tho, Just one fanatical Night Elf hating other Nighr Elfs..

    Guess they removed it because of precious QQ ally tears
    I still think it was a mistake they made when they posted the transcript. They had Tyrande quotes in Liadrin dialogue etc.

    Sounds more like a Sylvanas line than Thalyssra tbh.

  12. #32
    Dreadlord Avar ize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    corpse running
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Fion Silberpfeil View Post
    Even with Tyrande acting like a teenage bitch, Thalysra wouldnt do something like THAT. She wants her people to live in peace, not in war. She is above such petty things. Tyrande should also be...
    If that were true, She would not have joined either side at all, Tons of peacefull hippie neutral races\factions around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I know it probably wouldn't happen but if it were true would sure would sure give me something to laugh at after everyone called Tyrande a dick for how she acted, this would take her from 75% justified to 110% justified.
    Tyrande is still a fucking dick tho

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    If that were true, She would not have joined either side at all, Tons of peacefull hippie neutral races\factions around.

    Tyrande is still a fucking dick tho
    For not trusting a group of people who are known for betrayal and addiction to power?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    So i was thinking how stupid it is if Sylvanas actually burns down Teldrassil, And how it do not really fit that Saurfang is seen in that picture next to her.
    What if it is actually Thalyssra that burns it down? She steals a shard from the sword of Sargeras, And as she tells the player on the end of the sunwell enocounter, "As for me, I am going to test my skill in Ashenvale. For the Horde!"

    She might be the dying Night Elf that is shot the in the back, Sylvanas finds out but arrives to late to prevent an all out faction war.
    The picture does not fit her 100% but that might have been done by blizzard deliberately as to not spoil anything.

    I dont know, I might just be fishing for answers that are not there.
    Off-topic - I like your avatar c:

  15. #35
    Lor'themar gonna tap that nightborne leyline.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    For not trusting a group of people who are known for betrayal and addiction to power?
    Anyway you look at it, because of how blizzard wrote the piece the nightborne are betrayers because it wasn’t just the horde that help Suramar. The fact there is racial tension between night elves and nightborne doesn’t change the fact that the humans, gnomes, worgen, Draenei, and dwarves we’re feeding, protecting and dying for the nightborne. At least pandarians were given a choice, the nightborne effectively is giving the alliance a collective FU because they don’t get along with Tyrande, who we all know is an unmitigated dick. Blizzard has made the nightborne the biggest jerks in wow. And let’s not forget it was a night Druid that ultimately gave them the solution to their racial addiction. They are betrayers.
    Last edited by Drakain; 2017-12-07 at 03:30 AM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    Would say it is worst, As Theramore atleast got a warning beforehand and people had time to escape.
    How the shit do you escape a burnign tree that burns at the bottom and up?
    Dude, fire burns from the top down. It's like you've never seen a candle before or something. No wonder the dumb Horde loses at everything.

  18. #38
    Elemental Lord Elven Athena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Murdering Greenskinned filth, wherever it oozes forth
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    They kind of did not tho, Since Theramore got warned before hand and only about a handful of people actually died.
    Theramore knew there was an army attacking, that's about it. The Mana Bomb was not expected. A lot of people died and the city was wiped out.


    Nah, Just another racist Night Elf wanting to kill other racist Night Elves
    'racist night elves' and evil horde just wanting to destroy everything, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Dude, fire burns from the top down. It's like you've never seen a candle before or something. No wonder the dumb Horde loses at everything.
    Candles use a wick to *draw liquid wax up to the flame*, the candle melts because the wax is drawn steadily along with some melting off the side. Fires burn up because hot air rises, this is what convection is. Please learn facts before you insult others.

  19. #39
    Her questline is in BfA, it takes place after Teldrassil. Even if it wasn't, she probably means a battle.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    They would "not" be the bad guys in this case tho, Just one fanatical Night Elf hating other Nighr Elfs..

    Guess they removed it because of precious QQ ally tears
    Maybe, because it's a little out of character for her. She wanted nightborne to be defenders of Azeroth, not conquerors. And, immediately going: "I'm going to kill my kin in Ashenvale, Lok'tar Ogar For The Horde!" Doesn't sound like a defender thing to say. Given that Ashenvale is up to the point of BfA fully under Night elf control. Which means, she is invading Ashenvale, and has become a conqueror instead of a defender.
    '"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."
    - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •