Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Stupid Thalyssra Theory

So i was thinking how stupid it is if Sylvanas actually burns down Teldrassil, And how it do not really fit that Saurfang is seen in that picture next to her.
    What if it is actually Thalyssra that burns it down? She steals a shard from the sword of Sargeras, And as she tells the player on the end of the sunwell enocounter, "As for me, I am going to test my skill in Ashenvale. For the Horde!"

She might be the dying Night Elf that is shot the in the back, Sylvanas finds out but arrives to late to prevent an all out faction war.
    The picture does not fit her 100% but that might have been done by blizzard deliberately as to not spoil anything.

I dont know, I might just be fishing for answers that are not there.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    So i was thinking how stupid it is if Sylvanas actually burns down Teldrassil, And how it do not really fit that Saurfang is seen in that picture next to her.
    What if it is actually Thalyssra that burns it down? She steals a shard from the sword of Sargeras, And as she tells the player on the end of the sunwell enocounter, "As for me, I am going to test my skill in Ashenvale. For the Horde!"

She might be the dying Night Elf that is shot the in the back, Sylvanas finds out but arrives to late to prevent an all out faction war.
    The picture does not fit her 100% but that might have been done by blizzard deliberately as to not spoil anything.

Where did you see this bit? In PTR somewhere? Posted somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Where did you see this bit? In PTR somewhere? Posted somewhere?
    SPOILERS
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617123232

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks mate!

10+ Year Old Account
    That'd be some pretty horrid writing if it's true, considering Thalyssra isn't a homicidal maniac... Sylvanas on the other hand, is.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That'd be some pretty horrid writing if it's true, considering Thalyssra isn't a homicidal maniac... Sylvanas on the other hand, is.
    Maybe Sylvanas is, But Saurfang is not.. And he is there, In the picture next to Sylvanas which kind of rules out Sylvanas doing it.

in the audio does not say that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I might actually switch to alliance if this is fucking true. I'm tried of "DAH HORDE IZ BAD GUISE! DAY LOOK FUNIZ, AND ALLICE IZ GEWD!".
    They would "not" be the bad guys in this case tho, Just one fanatical Night Elf hating other Nighr Elfs..
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    in the audio does not say that
    Guess they removed it because of precious QQ ally tears

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    She's the Warchief, Saurfang is very loyal - he wouldn't question his Warchief
    He would lop her head off without flinching if she tried that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Sure he will. He questioned Garrosh routinely...
    What did Saurfang ever question Garrosh about? Outside of their arguments in Northrend, before Garrosh was Warchief, I don't recall any times Saurfang openly opposed or questioned Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Garrosh was openly racist, cruel and towards the end flat out had his subjects murdered. Sylvannas hasn't gone that far yet, at least towards the Horde
    Burning down Teldrassil would be going to far, And he was against Garrosh in Siege of Orgrimmar after all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I might actually switch to alliance if this is fucking true. I'm tried of "DAH HORDE IZ BAD GUISE! DAY LOOK FUNIZ, AND ALLICE IZ GEWD!".

-100% side tangent-

Not to mention I'm fucking tired of everything in the horde always been orc/troll themed. It's like bitch, that shouldn't fly. You have a total of 5 horde races, when was the last fucking time you saw something tauren themed? When seriously was the last fucking time you saw something blood elf themed? I mean shit there's more goblin themed areas/things than either of these and they came after.
    Why is it a necessity that you play the goodest of the two good guys? Play your favorite faction.

And the Horde is Orc themed because Orcs are the Horde's backbone and primary builders. I see plenty of the other factions motifs in their own zones. There are Tauren themed areas all across Kalimdor, Forsaken and BE zones in EK.

We're all pissy about WoD being Orc and Human, but most of us have gotten over it by now

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's also possible it's not a voice-acted line, but something she only says in text as the cutscene closes out.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Horde is responsible for the burning of Teldrassil, how is it any different from the Mana bombing of Theramore which for some reason 'really bothered the rest of the Horde'.
    Would say it is worst, As Theramore atleast got a warning beforehand and people had time to escape.
    How the shit do you escape a burnign tree that burns at the bottom and up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would say it is worst, As Theramore atleast got a warning beforehand and people had time to escape.
    How the shit do you escape a burnign tree that burns at the bottom and up?
    Teldrassil has an army of night elfs protecting it to buy citizens time.

Then you have a newly reintroduced society of magic users that can open portals to any other city on the planet, or nature attuned druids that can probably sense something going horrifically wrong with the giant tree under their feet or elune sharing some warning to tyrande/ her chosen people.

I think the citizens would be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll find out. Evacuating that many people is not something that can be done rapidly. Especially when the place is burning. if the conflagration is fast there is no buying time. Everyone dies, including the army. That's a LOT of people.
    I just do not think Blizzard got the balls to pull it off tho :\

They would "not" be the bad guys in this case tho, Just one fanatical Night Elf hating other Nighr Elfs..

wowhead many times mistakenly attributes a dialogue to a character that belongs to another character

10+ Year Old Account
    So Thalyssa is the new Dreadlord now?

10+ Year Old Account
    They did it with Theramore. It would cement the concept that Kalimdor is effectively left to the Horde. Feathermoon will be easy to take out with no support from Darnassus.
    They kind of did not tho, Since Theramore got warned before hand and only about a handful of people actually died.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    So Thalyssa is the new Dreadlord now?
    Nah, Just another racist Night Elf wanting to kill other racist Night Elves

Even with Tyrande acting like a teenage bitch, Thalysra wouldnt do something like THAT. She wants her people to live in peace, not in war. She is above such petty things. Tyrande should also be...