Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Pandaren Monk Steampunkette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    I come from the land of Ice and Snow.
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    Maybe, because it's a little out of character for her. She wanted nightborne to be defenders of Azeroth, not conquerors. And, immediately going: "I'm going to kill my kin in Ashenvale, Lok'tar Ogar For The Horde!" Doesn't sound like a defender thing to say. Given that Ashenvale is up to the point of BfA fully under Night elf control. Which means, she is invading Ashenvale, and has become a conqueror instead of a defender.
    To be fair: The line is "Test my Skills" in Ashenvale.

    It could be that she's referring to her wide variety of defensive abilities, from illusions to walls of force, she could be doing out there.

    Unlikely. But possible.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.


  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Candles use a wick to *draw liquid wax up to the flame*, the candle melts because the wax is drawn steadily along with some melting off the side. Fires burn up because hot air rises, this is what convection is. Please learn facts before you insult others.
    You sound like Horde. Must be a troll.

  3. #43
    Thalyssra is the faction leader for the Nightborne in BFA. This is definitely not happening.

  4. #44
    Elemental Lord Elven Athena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Murdering Greenskinned filth, wherever it oozes forth
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You sound like Horde. Must be a troll.
    Someone never learned what 'capillary action' is. Must be a dunce.

    To be fair: The line is "Test my Skills" in Ashenvale.
    yes, as in, go attack the night elves. Not exactly defenders there. But the Horde never were, they always were conquerors.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Her questline is in BfA, it takes place after Teldrassil. Even if it wasn't, she probably means a battle.
    It sounds like we are recruiting these guys right as tensions are rising in Silithus, I don't think Teldrassil happened yet. It's also likely that these guys come in 7.3.5.


    But guys can we let go of this ashenvale line? It probably wont make it to live and the Nightborne are joining the Horde just before a faction conflict, of course they are going to be at war.

  6. #46
    Regarding Garrosh.

    Yes, he was a warmongering idiot in Cataclysm as well. When he kills the general in Stonetalon it's not because of the slaughter of the druidic students but to cover up the fact that the Horde has been researching mana-bombs from the former research of Kael'Thas in Outland.

    Horde side of the Theramore scenario involves your small group infiltrating the city to pull out a Belf spy except it turns out the spy was there to arrange the mana bomb attack.

    Regarding Thalyssra, by saying she's going to test her skills in Ashenvale it's pretty obvious they are just setting up the new allied race starting zone where she'll be a questgiver.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Someone never learned what 'capillary action' is. Must be a dunce.
    I'm not getting paid to explain physics to you. Fire burns top down.


  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    For not trusting a group of people who are known for betrayal and addiction to power?
    You talking about the Nightborne or the Night Elves?
    What is best in life? Bashin' stuff of course.

  9. #49
    Scarab Lord Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,819
    Would be an incredibly lame turn of events for her character.

    That bit about Ashenvale is strange though.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I'm not getting paid to explain physics to you. Fire burns top down.

    Fire burns from its fuels surface because that’s where it’s exposed to oxygen. It doesn’t only burn from the “top” of an object. You can set the base of a tree on fire and it will burn just fine. The flame will travel upward if it can because heat rises. It’s actually a good idea if you’re making a campfire to stack your logs in the center of the fire and set the fire at the base because as the fire consumes the fuel more fuel will fall into the fire to sustain it. I think you guy are arguing over nothing.
    Last edited by Drakain; 2017-12-07 at 04:10 PM.

  11. #51
    Thalyssra is a dreadlord.

  12. #52
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Why is it a necessity that you play the goodest of the two good guys? Play your favorite faction.

    And the Horde is Orc themed because Orcs are the Horde's backbone and primary builders. I see plenty of the other factions motifs in their own zones. There are Tauren themed areas all across Kalimdor, Forsaken and BE zones in EK.

    We're all pissy about WoD being Orc and Human, but most of us have gotten over it by now
    It's not that I care about playing the "good" races, my issue is the shit writing where horde are always evil because "stupid".

    Orcs I highly doubt are the highest population of people in the horde, and even if they were that's like saying "white people are the most in america, so unless it's like a black or asian neighborhood, everything should be white focused."

    Also you side stepped my question amusing enough on the "when's the last time", the correct answer is "since burning vanilla/burning crusade"
    Just remember that Leftists actually believe rape isn't as bad as being called a cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you aren't more hurt by words than "sticks and stones" you're a simpleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Liberal and libertarianism are close because both support capitalism. Liberals are indeed right wing. Socialists are left wing.

  13. #53
    Im still putting my money on that it was the Twilight Hammer who did this using some of that sword in sillithus.

    Ashzara is gonna be a raid boss so this is gonna be old god related attack made to look like a horde attack.

    Fact of the matter is that the Horde is not ready for a all out war with the Alliance so close to Legion. It just makes no sense for the Horde to attack plus the fact Saurfang is 100 percent on board helping Sylvanas tells me he knows it wasn the Horde who struck first.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You talking about the Nightborne or the Night Elves?
    Well the Nightborne shielded themselves safely away when Azeroth needed them and when the Legion came along again they folded like a steel chair.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Although physics doesn't really matter in wow, heat rises everyone on the top will be roasted by the convection. I don't know if Blizz will even put out an estimate of how much of the night elf race was exterminated in the burning, but considering a huge city, small towns and countless people living there, I'd say a good chunk of them are gone. Blizzard's silence is deafening.
    I guess you can say Nelves got roasted.

  16. #56
    Stood in the Fire Plehnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Thalyssra is a dreadlord.
    But not a simple one. She's a void Dreadlord. We've seen the light version on the Vindicaar so it makes total sense that the old gods would use them as well.

    The real Thallyssa died by the dagger in Suramar city and the void Dreadlord took her place to play out the forces of Azeroth and the Legion against each other.
    How would Thallyssa know that there are potential allies out there to help her cause? She wouldn't as someone who was a a bubble for 10 thousand years but a Dreadlord would know it.
    Deceiving others to do her job while standing in a save place for the whole time? That's a thing a Dreadlord would do.
    Attacking the night elves after they helped liberating her people? That's a thing a void Dreadlord would do to take revenge for his masters for the An'Quarai war.

    Let's face it. The horde now got the Dreadlord they so desperately wanted to see in Jaina.

  17. #57
    Over 9000! Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    9,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    It's not that I care about playing the "good" races, my issue is the shit writing where horde are always evil because "stupid".

    Orcs I highly doubt are the highest population of people in the horde, and even if they were that's like saying "white people are the most in america, so unless it's like a black or asian neighborhood, everything should be white focused."

    Also you side stepped my question amusing enough on the "when's the last time", the correct answer is "since burning vanilla/burning crusade"
    Since vanilla/burning crusade was the last time you saw a Tauren, Forsaken or Blood Elf themed settlement? You aren't looking hard.

    Tauren themed areas since vanilla.
    - literally 1/5th of Legion's launch zones
    - Thunder Cleft, Krasarang Wilds, Pandaria
    - Cliffwalker Post, Stonetalon, Cataclysm
    - Camp Tunka'lo, Storm Peaks

    Undead themed areas since Vanilla
    - Every Horde camp in Howling Fjord
    - revamp of WPL and Hillsbrad, Cataclysm
    - two camps in Stormheim
    - half of new Dalaran is Forsaken settled

    What else do you expect from them?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    But not a simple one. She's a void Dreadlord. We've seen the light version on the Vindicaar so it makes total sense that the old gods would use them as well.

    The real Thallyssa died by the dagger in Suramar city and the void Dreadlord took her place to play out the forces of Azeroth and the Legion against each other.
    How would Thallyssa know that there are potential allies out there to help her cause? She wouldn't as someone who was a a bubble for 10 thousand years but a Dreadlord would know it.
    Deceiving others to do her job while standing in a save place for the whole time? That's a thing a Dreadlord would do.
    Attacking the night elves after they helped liberating her people? That's a thing a void Dreadlord would do to take revenge for his masters for the An'Quarai war.

    Let's face it. The horde now got the Dreadlord they so desperately wanted to see in Jaina.
    And not just a void dreadlord. A corrupted, telepathic, vegan void dreadlord

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    Fire burns from its fuels surface because that’s where it’s exposed to oxygen. It doesn’t only burn from the “top” of an object. You can set the base of a tree on fire and it will burn just fine. The flame will travel upward if it can because heat rises. It’s actually a good idea if you’re making a campfire to stack your logs in the center of the fire and set the fire at the base because as the fire consumes the fuel more fuel will fall into the fire to sustain it. I think you guy are arguing over nothing.
    You are missing the entire point and taking what I said out of context. Arsonists like to burn down houses. Have you ever heard someone say they were going to burn up a house? Maybe some weird person in Portland might say that, but that's not typical. Arsonists set fire to the very tip top of the roof to make sure they burn down the entire house. If they set fire on floor, they would just burn the bottom of the house, and that would be silly.

  19. #59
    Dreadlord Avar ize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    corpse running
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    And not just a void dreadlord. A corrupted, telepathic, vegan void dreadlord
    We are all so fucked!

  20. #60
    Stood in the Fire Plehnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    We are all so fucked!
    Orcs especially because vegans like greens in their salads.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •