Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    I am Murloc! Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,007
    Would be an incredibly lame turn of events for her character.

    That bit about Ashenvale is strange though.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I'm not getting paid to explain physics to you. Fire burns top down.

    Fire burns from its fuels surface because that’s where it’s exposed to oxygen. It doesn’t only burn from the “top” of an object. You can set the base of a tree on fire and it will burn just fine. The flame will travel upward if it can because heat rises. It’s actually a good idea if you’re making a campfire to stack your logs in the center of the fire and set the fire at the base because as the fire consumes the fuel more fuel will fall into the fire to sustain it. I think you guy are arguing over nothing.
    Last edited by Drakain; 2017-12-07 at 04:10 PM.

  3. #43
    Thalyssra is a dreadlord.

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Why is it a necessity that you play the goodest of the two good guys? Play your favorite faction.

    And the Horde is Orc themed because Orcs are the Horde's backbone and primary builders. I see plenty of the other factions motifs in their own zones. There are Tauren themed areas all across Kalimdor, Forsaken and BE zones in EK.

    We're all pissy about WoD being Orc and Human, but most of us have gotten over it by now
    It's not that I care about playing the "good" races, my issue is the shit writing where horde are always evil because "stupid".

    Orcs I highly doubt are the highest population of people in the horde, and even if they were that's like saying "white people are the most in america, so unless it's like a black or asian neighborhood, everything should be white focused."

    Also you side stepped my question amusing enough on the "when's the last time", the correct answer is "since burning vanilla/burning crusade"
    Just remember that Leftists actually believe rape isn't as bad as being called a cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you aren't more hurt by words than "sticks and stones" you're a simpleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    They don't do that either. There has not been a single instance of tyranny in American history that has been prevented or stopped by guns being a thing.

  5. #45
    Im still putting my money on that it was the Twilight Hammer who did this using some of that sword in sillithus.

    Ashzara is gonna be a raid boss so this is gonna be old god related attack made to look like a horde attack.

    Fact of the matter is that the Horde is not ready for a all out war with the Alliance so close to Legion. It just makes no sense for the Horde to attack plus the fact Saurfang is 100 percent on board helping Sylvanas tells me he knows it wasn the Horde who struck first.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You talking about the Nightborne or the Night Elves?
    Well the Nightborne shielded themselves safely away when Azeroth needed them and when the Legion came along again they folded like a steel chair.
    It's like Blizzard telling me I can't have a steak because there aren't enough cows left, but then tell me I can have as many hamburgers as I could possibly eat. That is exactly their logic with Void Elves which literally leaves no excuse as to why there can't be High Elves.

    https://youtu.be/C2Sr-sadSk4 - Check it out, it's enlightening.

  7. #47
    The Insane Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    18,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Although physics doesn't really matter in wow, heat rises everyone on the top will be roasted by the convection. I don't know if Blizz will even put out an estimate of how much of the night elf race was exterminated in the burning, but considering a huge city, small towns and countless people living there, I'd say a good chunk of them are gone. Blizzard's silence is deafening.
    I guess you can say Nelves got roasted.

  8. #48
    Stood in the Fire Plehnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Thalyssra is a dreadlord.
    But not a simple one. She's a void Dreadlord. We've seen the light version on the Vindicaar so it makes total sense that the old gods would use them as well.

    The real Thallyssa died by the dagger in Suramar city and the void Dreadlord took her place to play out the forces of Azeroth and the Legion against each other.
    How would Thallyssa know that there are potential allies out there to help her cause? She wouldn't as someone who was a a bubble for 10 thousand years but a Dreadlord would know it.
    Deceiving others to do her job while standing in a save place for the whole time? That's a thing a Dreadlord would do.
    Attacking the night elves after they helped liberating her people? That's a thing a void Dreadlord would do to take revenge for his masters for the An'Quarai war.

    Let's face it. The horde now got the Dreadlord they so desperately wanted to see in Jaina.

  9. #49
    Over 9000! Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    9,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    It's not that I care about playing the "good" races, my issue is the shit writing where horde are always evil because "stupid".

    Orcs I highly doubt are the highest population of people in the horde, and even if they were that's like saying "white people are the most in america, so unless it's like a black or asian neighborhood, everything should be white focused."

    Also you side stepped my question amusing enough on the "when's the last time", the correct answer is "since burning vanilla/burning crusade"
    Since vanilla/burning crusade was the last time you saw a Tauren, Forsaken or Blood Elf themed settlement? You aren't looking hard.

    Tauren themed areas since vanilla.
    - literally 1/5th of Legion's launch zones
    - Thunder Cleft, Krasarang Wilds, Pandaria
    - Cliffwalker Post, Stonetalon, Cataclysm
    - Camp Tunka'lo, Storm Peaks

    Undead themed areas since Vanilla
    - Every Horde camp in Howling Fjord
    - revamp of WPL and Hillsbrad, Cataclysm
    - two camps in Stormheim
    - half of new Dalaran is Forsaken settled

    What else do you expect from them?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    But not a simple one. She's a void Dreadlord. We've seen the light version on the Vindicaar so it makes total sense that the old gods would use them as well.

    The real Thallyssa died by the dagger in Suramar city and the void Dreadlord took her place to play out the forces of Azeroth and the Legion against each other.
    How would Thallyssa know that there are potential allies out there to help her cause? She wouldn't as someone who was a a bubble for 10 thousand years but a Dreadlord would know it.
    Deceiving others to do her job while standing in a save place for the whole time? That's a thing a Dreadlord would do.
    Attacking the night elves after they helped liberating her people? That's a thing a void Dreadlord would do to take revenge for his masters for the An'Quarai war.

    Let's face it. The horde now got the Dreadlord they so desperately wanted to see in Jaina.
    And not just a void dreadlord. A corrupted, telepathic, vegan void dreadlord

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    Fire burns from its fuels surface because that’s where it’s exposed to oxygen. It doesn’t only burn from the “top” of an object. You can set the base of a tree on fire and it will burn just fine. The flame will travel upward if it can because heat rises. It’s actually a good idea if you’re making a campfire to stack your logs in the center of the fire and set the fire at the base because as the fire consumes the fuel more fuel will fall into the fire to sustain it. I think you guy are arguing over nothing.
    You are missing the entire point and taking what I said out of context. Arsonists like to burn down houses. Have you ever heard someone say they were going to burn up a house? Maybe some weird person in Portland might say that, but that's not typical. Arsonists set fire to the very tip top of the roof to make sure they burn down the entire house. If they set fire on floor, they would just burn the bottom of the house, and that would be silly.

  11. #51
    Dreadlord Avar ize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    corpse running
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    And not just a void dreadlord. A corrupted, telepathic, vegan void dreadlord
    We are all so fucked!

  12. #52
    Stood in the Fire Plehnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    We are all so fucked!
    Orcs especially because vegans like greens in their salads.

  13. #53
    The Patient Vespene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    282
    It looks to me as if both factions needed an emo race... so the Alliance got emo high elves and the horde got emo night elves. BALANCE!
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle

  14. #54
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    3,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    We'll find out. Evacuating that many people is not something that can be done rapidly. Especially when the place is burning. if the conflagration is fast there is no buying time. Everyone dies, including the army. That's a LOT of people.
    Bear in mind, Jaina is capable of transporting armies. Khadgar has been shown to have a similar control over teleportation. Mass teleporting people isn't entirely impossible. Like it's been said, there's the Highborne there and no doubt one of them would be able to teleport to Dalaran and request immediate aid evacuating the city, which they would absolutely do because even when neutral, they're not just going to let innocent civilians die. WoW isn't WC2/3, we've come a hell of a way since then.

    The Kirin Tor provided some aid to Theramore, notably Rhonin and several other mages. This was also at a time when the Kirin Tor was also neutral. Considering that Dalaran has expanded, at least in terms of it's influence and role, I'd expect them to be somewhat more reactive in regards to humanitarian crises going forward.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Snatch

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You are missing the entire point and taking what I said out of context. Arsonists like to burn down houses. Have you ever heard someone say they were going to burn up a house? Maybe some weird person in Portland might say that, but that's not typical. Arsonists set fire to the very tip top of the roof to make sure they burn down the entire house. If they set fire on floor, they would just burn the bottom of the house, and that would be silly.
    I lol’d. Nicely done.

  16. #56
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Since vanilla/burning crusade was the last time you saw a Tauren, Forsaken or Blood Elf themed settlement? You aren't looking hard.

    Tauren themed areas since vanilla.
    - literally 1/5th of Legion's launch zones
    - Thunder Cleft, Krasarang Wilds, Pandaria
    - Cliffwalker Post, Stonetalon, Cataclysm
    - Camp Tunka'lo, Storm Peaks

    Undead themed areas since Vanilla
    - Every Horde camp in Howling Fjord
    - revamp of WPL and Hillsbrad, Cataclysm
    - two camps in Stormheim
    - half of new Dalaran is Forsaken settled

    What else do you expect from them?
    I said excluding high mountain.

    Cliffwalker Post, Stonetalon 3 fucking buildings hardly counts, and I'm not counting it.
    Camp Tunka'lo, Storm Peaks are taunka, not tauren
    Thunder Cleft okay, you found one.

    1, fucking 1 since vanilla content.

    As for undead, they weren't part of "find me blood elf or tauren".

    As for "what can I expect?" maybe some more god damned race representation in the factions?
    Just remember that Leftists actually believe rape isn't as bad as being called a cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you aren't more hurt by words than "sticks and stones" you're a simpleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    They don't do that either. There has not been a single instance of tyranny in American history that has been prevented or stopped by guns being a thing.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    They kind of did not tho, Since Theramore got warned before hand and only about a handful of people actually died.


    Nah, Just another racist Night Elf wanting to kill other racist Night Elves
    funny.. guess reading the lore is to difficult?

    just for you;


    Casualties:

    Everyone (hundreds)[1] but Jaina, Kalec and a handful of night and high elves

    It helps if you read the stories without making brash statements.. Then again you think that a datamined line that might be wrong that blizzard is caving to (non existant) QQ..

  18. #58
    Dreadlord Avar ize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    corpse running
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    funny.. guess reading the lore is to difficult?

    just for you;


    Casualties:

    Everyone (hundreds)[1] but Jaina, Kalec and a handful of night and high elves

    It helps if you read the stories without making brash statements.. Then again you think that a datamined line that might be wrong that blizzard is caving to (non existant) QQ..
    Among a population of roughly 13000 people, Hundreds is a handfull you knobhead...
    Last edited by Avar ize; 2017-12-08 at 12:41 PM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    Among a population of roughly 13000 people, Hundreds is a handfull you knobhead...
    keep trying to defend your point, it's adorable really. I mean let's see your points so far:

    "Theramore wasn't so bad, only a handful died there!" -> proven wrong "yea, but that's not what I meant!"

    You get proven wrong with what the NPC says -> "Guess they removed it because of precious QQ ally tears"

    I guess admitting you made a mistake is difficult?

    a few tips:

    Datamined info is just that, datamined. There is no fact there merely speculation. It might be another NPC that says it, it might be a completely different quest.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You are missing the entire point and taking what I said out of context. Arsonists like to burn down houses. Have you ever heard someone say they were going to burn up a house? Maybe some weird person in Portland might say that, but that's not typical. Arsonists set fire to the very tip top of the roof to make sure they burn down the entire house. If they set fire on floor, they would just burn the bottom of the house, and that would be silly.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZFMrfjgYqc

    So Teldrassil isn't this Christmas tree?

    It's called burning something down.. because there's generally nothing left standing afterwards..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •