Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Thalyssra is a dreadlord.
    But not a simple one. She's a void Dreadlord. We've seen the light version on the Vindicaar so it makes total sense that the old gods would use them as well.

The real Thallyssa died by the dagger in Suramar city and the void Dreadlord took her place to play out the forces of Azeroth and the Legion against each other.
    How would Thallyssa know that there are potential allies out there to help her cause? She wouldn't as someone who was a a bubble for 10 thousand years but a Dreadlord would know it.
    Deceiving others to do her job while standing in a save place for the whole time? That's a thing a Dreadlord would do.
    Attacking the night elves after they helped liberating her people? That's a thing a void Dreadlord would do to take revenge for his masters for the An'Quarai war.

Let's face it. The horde now got the Dreadlord they so desperately wanted to see in Jaina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    It's not that I care about playing the "good" races, my issue is the shit writing where horde are always evil because "stupid".

Orcs I highly doubt are the highest population of people in the horde, and even if they were that's like saying "white people are the most in america, so unless it's like a black or asian neighborhood, everything should be white focused."

Also you side stepped my question amusing enough on the "when's the last time", the correct answer is "since burning vanilla/burning crusade"
    Since vanilla/burning crusade was the last time you saw a Tauren, Forsaken or Blood Elf themed settlement? You aren't looking hard.

Tauren themed areas since vanilla.
    - literally 1/5th of Legion's launch zones
    - Thunder Cleft, Krasarang Wilds, Pandaria
    - Cliffwalker Post, Stonetalon, Cataclysm
    - Camp Tunka'lo, Storm Peaks

Undead themed areas since Vanilla
    - Every Horde camp in Howling Fjord
    - revamp of WPL and Hillsbrad, Cataclysm
    - two camps in Stormheim
    - half of new Dalaran is Forsaken settled

What else do you expect from them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    But not a simple one. She's a void Dreadlord. We've seen the light version on the Vindicaar so it makes total sense that the old gods would use them as well.

The real Thallyssa died by the dagger in Suramar city and the void Dreadlord took her place to play out the forces of Azeroth and the Legion against each other.
    How would Thallyssa know that there are potential allies out there to help her cause? She wouldn't as someone who was a a bubble for 10 thousand years but a Dreadlord would know it.
    Deceiving others to do her job while standing in a save place for the whole time? That's a thing a Dreadlord would do.
    Attacking the night elves after they helped liberating her people? That's a thing a void Dreadlord would do to take revenge for his masters for the An'Quarai war.

Let's face it. The horde now got the Dreadlord they so desperately wanted to see in Jaina.
    And not just a void dreadlord. A corrupted, telepathic, vegan void dreadlord

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    And not just a void dreadlord. A corrupted, telepathic, vegan void dreadlord
    We are all so fucked!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    We are all so fucked!
    Orcs especially because vegans like greens in their salads.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks to me as if both factions needed an emo race... so the Alliance got emo high elves and the horde got emo night elves. BALANCE!
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    We'll find out. Evacuating that many people is not something that can be done rapidly. Especially when the place is burning. if the conflagration is fast there is no buying time. Everyone dies, including the army. That's a LOT of people.
    Bear in mind, Jaina is capable of transporting armies. Khadgar has been shown to have a similar control over teleportation. Mass teleporting people isn't entirely impossible. Like it's been said, there's the Highborne there and no doubt one of them would be able to teleport to Dalaran and request immediate aid evacuating the city, which they would absolutely do because even when neutral, they're not just going to let innocent civilians die. WoW isn't WC2/3, we've come a hell of a way since then.

The Kirin Tor provided some aid to Theramore, notably Rhonin and several other mages. This was also at a time when the Kirin Tor was also neutral. Considering that Dalaran has expanded, at least in terms of it's influence and role, I'd expect them to be somewhat more reactive in regards to humanitarian crises going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You are missing the entire point and taking what I said out of context. Arsonists like to burn down houses. Have you ever heard someone say they were going to burn up a house? Maybe some weird person in Portland might say that, but that's not typical. Arsonists set fire to the very tip top of the roof to make sure they burn down the entire house. If they set fire on floor, they would just burn the bottom of the house, and that would be silly.
    I lol’d. Nicely done.

They kind of did not tho, Since Theramore got warned before hand and only about a handful of people actually died.

Nah, Just another racist Night Elf wanting to kill other racist Night Elves
    funny.. guess reading the lore is to difficult?

just for you;

Casualties:

Everyone (hundreds)[1] but Jaina, Kalec and a handful of night and high elves

It helps if you read the stories without making brash statements.. Then again you think that a datamined line that might be wrong that blizzard is caving to (non existant) QQ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    funny.. guess reading the lore is to difficult?

just for you;

Casualties:

Everyone (hundreds)[1] but Jaina, Kalec and a handful of night and high elves

It helps if you read the stories without making brash statements.. Then again you think that a datamined line that might be wrong that blizzard is caving to (non existant) QQ..
    Among a population of roughly 13000 people, Hundreds is a handfull you knobhead...
    Last edited by Avar ize; 2017-12-08 at 12:41 PM.

Among a population of roughly 13000 people, Hundreds is a handfull you knobhead...
    keep trying to defend your point, it's adorable really. I mean let's see your points so far:

"Theramore wasn't so bad, only a handful died there!" -> proven wrong "yea, but that's not what I meant!"

You get proven wrong with what the NPC says -> "Guess they removed it because of precious QQ ally tears"

I guess admitting you made a mistake is difficult?

a few tips:

Datamined info is just that, datamined. There is no fact there merely speculation. It might be another NPC that says it, it might be a completely different quest.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You are missing the entire point and taking what I said out of context. Arsonists like to burn down houses. Have you ever heard someone say they were going to burn up a house? Maybe some weird person in Portland might say that, but that's not typical. Arsonists set fire to the very tip top of the roof to make sure they burn down the entire house. If they set fire on floor, they would just burn the bottom of the house, and that would be silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZFMrfjgYqc

So Teldrassil isn't this Christmas tree?

It's called burning something down.. because there's generally nothing left standing afterwards..

5+ Year Old Account
    ^This.

During the standard Siege tactics that lead up to the Manabombing, civilians were loaded onto ships and escaped, and were allowed to by the Horde. Then when pincered between Kalecgos and the Alliance Army while trying to siege Theramore the Horde retreated and even -more- people escaped Theramore.

It was a short while later that the Manabomb was dispatched, and by then, nearly every civilian was out of the city except for any holdouts. Beyond that it was just soldiers.

So while it was a terrible loss of life in a massive bomb that leveled the city, it wasn't the slaughter of innocents a lot of people took it for.

Though Garrosh later captured the civvies who escaped and personally used some of them as targets for practice. Many were freed during the events of Siege of Orgrimmar.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    keep trying to defend your point, it's adorable really. I mean let's see your points so far:

"Theramore wasn't so bad, only a handful died there!" -> proven wrong "yea, but that's not what I meant!"

You get proven wrong with what the NPC says -> "Guess they removed it because of precious QQ ally tears"

I guess admitting you made a mistake is difficult?

a few tips:

Datamined info is just that, datamined. There is no fact there merely speculation. It might be another NPC that says it, it might be a completely different quest.
    You did not prove shit wrong dude.. You do not work for Blizzard, And neither do i for that sake.
    She said it in the datamined text (Yes it was her the same Unit Number), Yes it got removed on the PTR and sure i jumped to the conclusion it might be because of Ally QQ, They might have just removed it because it was out of character for her or something or because of complaining, Who knows.. We never will

Maybe the line about Ashenvale is there because with allied races starting at level 20 in Orgrimmar, Ashenvale would be the zone you would start questing in on a new character? Ordinarily it is level 20 - 25 if we don't consider the new scaling tech.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespene View Post
    It looks to me as if both factions needed an emo race... so the Alliance got emo high elves and the horde got emo night elves. BALANCE!
    Nightborne arent emo tho...

They are classy and elegant.

Formerly known as Arafal

But wait...what if Thalyssra was ambushed by the Nagas and Queen Azshara took her place with 'AN ILLUSION' and is the one setting the big'ol Tree on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    But wait...what if Thalyssra was ambushed by the Nagas and Queen Azshara took her place with 'AN ILLUSION' and is the one setting the big'ol Tree on fire.
    Her beeing a Dreadlord sounds more plausible. Queen Azshara wouldn't go in person right into an enemy capital.

It could definitely work, but iirc, one of the leaks about BFA, the one that is mostly right, mentioned that Sylvanas will set it aflame with a shard of Sargeras’ sword and until I see something that would say otherwise, I think it is the most likely to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    It could definitely work, but iirc, one of the leaks about BFA, the one that is mostly right, mentioned that Sylvanas will set it aflame with a shard of Sargeras’ sword and until I see something that would say otherwise, I think it is the most likely to happen.
    That just will not happen, Seeing how Saurfang is next to her on the concept art..

It could be though that there is some reason Teldrassil needs to be destroyed. I’ve read a couple bits of speculation that the yellow glow on the tree is residual Azerite.

http://cdn.blizzardwatch.com/wp-cont...ssilHeader.jpg

If the Horde thinks it needs to be destroyed, that would certainly unite them.