Legendary Ring (quest) and Resto

How does the ring look, seeing as it takes up a slot (unlike the trinket)? I currently have all the resto legendaries, roots, and prydaz, so I wanted to know if, with what I have at my disposal, I should worry about equipping it. (My guild is casual but we do raid successfully at heroic level.)

Thanks in advance.

I currently have all the resto legendaries
    You already have all you want. Don't bother equiping it, and put this ring in your bank^^

I mean, it's not that good, depends highly on your crucible, and is far far behind our best 4 Tiers 1 (aka Roots, Velen, Prydaz and farseer).

Deleted
    The roots are a fucking joke.

"Oh they're our BiS" Piss off -All they do is heal YOU. If you stand still. Sure, you look like you're doing shit on the meters but you might as well just be spamming heals on yourself instead. "Oh but they stack cloudburst totem!" - And thats all they fucking do. You could get way better throughput with the legendary chest + boots, or chest + ch ring instead of equipping a selfish piece of shit legendary like the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky View Post

"Oh they're our BiS" Piss off -All they do is heal YOU. If you stand still. Sure, you look like you're doing shit on the meters but you might as well just be spamming heals on yourself instead. "Oh but they stack cloudburst totem!" - And thats all they fucking do. You could get way better throughput with the legendary chest + boots, or chest + ch ring instead of equipping a selfish piece of shit legendary like the legs.
    Not quite sure if you're serious...
    Roots has great stats (and a lot of them) and the "selfish" selfheal puts over 2M into every CBT. And even if they wouldn't, how is a sustained selfheal bad? Following that argumentation, Prydaz is also bad in your world?

The chest however is a proc and therefore unreliable. Might be good if it procs at periods of heave damage, might be totally wasted.

Roots > Chest any day.

You could get way better throughput with the legendary chest + boots, or chest + ch ring instead of equipping a selfish piece of shit legendary like the legs.
    You seems not understanding your own class, then...

Roots are'n good because of the throughput gain by itself, they are good coz of a shit ton of stats and feeding CBT like a lot (oh and btw, healing yourself passively while standstill allows you... to heal others with your spells instead of yourself with the same spells ).

It's not mandatory at all, but it's with Prydaz, Velen and Farseer, one of our 4 strongest leg by far.

legendary chest + boots, or chest + ch ring
    ... not sure if trolling or serious here^^

Boots are garbage, CH ring is too nerfed to compete, and chest isn't good on progress at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky View Post

Just in case someone takes this seriously. This can't be further from the truth.
    - In a raid, the shaman needs to heal everyone, including himself. Roots is like having whole second riptide, always on the same person but who cares, this person needs heals as much as any other. That this feeds CBT is completely minor and icing on the cake. The heal itself can be 4-5% of your *effective* healing.
    - Roots gives massive stats: it fills a pants slot at lvl1000, so far more interesting than other slots
    - Roots is overbudgeted: when it was buffed a few months ago, it gained additional haste. Purely on stats, it puts it beyond pieces like helm/chest, which should have the same amount.
    - Roots promote healthy play: you should optimize your moves and stay put more to cast more.

Use them.