Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Easiest class/spec to be a pug?

So I'm very excited about vanilla, regardless of how it shapes up. I don't see myself being a dedicated raider (at least not for long periods of time), but I do intend to play quite a bit. I'm thinking my best bet will be holy priest, since I think that will maximize my chances of filling in for established groups.

Thoughts? Although I have many years of experience raiding as a tank, I really don't think it's a viable choice for someone who doesn't intend to be committed to a long-term raiding schedule.

Can't go wrong with a healer or tank for pugs, so warrior and priest, since those have been established as the best classes for those roles. most people would rather DPS, so tanks and healers for pugs are often sought after, especially good ones. I don't think it'll be different from live in that regard. If it's raids you're pugging though, I would personally make a DPS. From my personal experience, a lot of pugs are often guild groups finding a few missing spots, and they tend to already have their tanks and healers already, and if they're shitty enough they'll probably prioritize gear for their own healers over some random. I could be wrong though, but that's just my opinion based on my personal experience, so take it with a grain of salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf Priest

/thread
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Since you want to go Priest, just roll Dwarf and rejoice at insta-invites most of the time due to Fear Ward.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any healer basically will get you an easy spot to pug.

Dwarf priest or horde shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Any healer basically will get you an easy spot to pug.
    LMAO, go priest or go home.
    Common logic.
    Pala maybe for dungeons but for the others no chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Common logic.
    Why do you bother to comment on things you don't know anything about?

Common logic.
    Weird, my wife used to heal dungeons, raids, bgs as a shaman back in Vanilla. I saw plenty of druids healing well too. Sometimes I'd be too broke to respec and would heal as a shadow priest, even in raids.

I'm sure there will min/max douche canoes who will refuse to group outside of the classes people on the private servers say you "have" to play. It doesn't have to be that way though.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Common logic.
    Good luck next time when you raid with only priest healer lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf priest or druid because not many want to play druid.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    So I'm very excited about vanilla, regardless of how it shapes up. I don't see myself being a dedicated raider (at least not for long periods of time), but I do intend to play quite a bit. I'm thinking my best bet will be holy priest, since I think that will maximize my chances of filling in for established groups.

Thoughts? Although I have many years of experience raiding as a tank, I really don't think it's a viable choice for someone who doesn't intend to be committed to a long-term raiding schedule.
    Healers are ALWAYS needed. You should know that 40 man pugs are a bit of a nightmare. Seeing as ZG and AQ20 probably wont be in the game right away... you would be much better off finding a casual raiding guild that fits your schedule. On healthy servers it should be no problem to find a guild who raids 1-2 nights on the weekends and aren't huge dicks about your spec/class.

Yea, any kind of healer like others have said. If you want the loot to yourself, roll druid.

OP:

If you pick either a priest of warrior, people will flock to you, albeit with the heal / tank specs.

Of course, be nice .=== even priests and warriors can be snubbed if they behave badly.

It's amusing to see a fully decked out tank warrior get tossed by the community

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    A warrior tank that can do it well under vanilla rules will be popular as well.
    It won't be popular as soon as people actually get to tanking. That experience is not for everyone.

Deleted
    Maybe you want to check out this guide, I found it quite useful:

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/i...-i-pick-guide/

Deleted
    I wouldnt go with tank or an all out healer, unless you plan on having a farm character to go along with it. If you plan on sticking with 1 char, i'd go with a shaman, paladin, priest or druid with somewhat of a hybrid spec, so you can do some farming without having to respec all the time, which would be a huge goldsink.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    A warrior tank that can do it well under vanilla rules will be popular as well.
    Tank is a bad idea if he wants to PuG raids. Each raid only needs about 2 tanks. AND guilds often sub in healers or DPS, but no one ever subs in an tested tank.

Dwarf priest is pretty shoo in if you like healer. Holy pallies are pretty high up there to if you can manage the buffing.

If you need to tank be a warrior that can also switch gear and DPS well too.. if you pull that off you are in..

DPS.. shit man.. mage or rogue will pull the numbers to get you invited. Hunter that can pull, kite, and has tranq can have its desired place too.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Weird, my wife used to heal dungeons, raids, bgs as a shaman back in Vanilla. I saw plenty of druids healing well too. Sometimes I'd be too broke to respec and would heal as a shadow priest, even in raids.

I'm sure there will min/max douche canoes who will refuse to group outside of the classes people on the private servers say you "have" to play. It doesn't have to be that way though.
    Problem with vanilla and resto druids is you can only have 1 in raids.Back then hots didn't stack