Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Markiplier on defending Net Neutrality

You know, it feels like this is a subject that hasn't gotten the attention it should be, and maybe thats because things like news sites, newspapers and the 1% don't want it advertised just how horrible this will be. To the every man who works hard and pays his bills, just to have his access to information, creativity, entertainment, all of it controlled by corporate elites.

The only ones this will ever benefit are those that want to control the flow of information, to profit more from the public when we already pay for our internet service.

Btw, I don't think I've ever seen a video receive as many upvotes for it. Yes this was back in November, but this date of which the US government wants to push this is literally about to happen.

Edit. I forgot to add, heres an appeal form to fill out.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...net-neutrality
    Last edited by Trassk; 2017-12-07 at 01:31 AM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    We don’t need to do shit. If you have a job and can pay for your ISP. Then just have a coke.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Will this affect Europe in any manner ?

If the answer is no /shrug

You get what you vote for

The loss of Net Neutrality is going to be tied up in legal action for years, if it even passes the FCC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post

If the answer is no /shrug

You get what you vote for
    it does, because the internet is a universal thing, and sites that are stationed from america will extend these laws across the board.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    The loss of Net Neutrality is going to be tied up in legal action for years, if it even passes the FCC.
    Pretty much. It is going to be repealed. It will be up to a future congress to fix it, and people need to demand it of their representatives. Not the FCC.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

This has gotten enough attention as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    We don’t need to do shit. If you have a job and can pay for your ISP. Then just have a coke.
    If it only extends to them charging more sure that's a way of looking at it. Removal of net neutrality does more than just let them charge you more. It allows them to slow down traffic, block sites, and extort companies for what is now normal traffic and will become preferred traffic. Net neutrality protects us from much more than just being charged more for the exact same services.

I mean for those that live in an area with only 1 available ISP I can say this will affect those.

Since Markiplier defended PDPs anti Semitism I'm not really interested in anything he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I mean for those that live in an area with only 1 available ISP I can say this will affect those.
    The FCC calls 25 Mb/s or higher broadband. With that in mind only 37% of the population in 2014 had two options at those speeds, 9% having three options, at the 100 Mb/s mark 8% had 2 options, and 1% had three options. So as a whole the idea that people won't be preyed upon like Mall Security thinks will happen is ignoring the predatory practices they already do to stifle competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    If you use any service located in the USA (game servers, websites, etc.), yes.

If not, no.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    it does, because the internet is a universal thing, and sites that are stationed from america will extend these laws across the board.
    There's also the possibility that if it becomes a thing in America then other governments elsewhere may decide to try and embrace it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    There's also the possibility that if it becomes a thing in America then other governments elsewhere may decide to try and embrace it as well.
    yep that too.

Though it is encouraging to see how many people are against it, the votes on marki's videos show just how many back what he's saying. Problem is if it goes though and fucks things up, it will take years to reverse it.
    #boycottchina

And how do the companies that suffer and lose because of being slowed down by ISPs survive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    And how do the companies that suffer and lose because of being slowed down by ISPs survive?
    Survival of the fittest it’s a company. Not everyone gets a company

If you don't even understand what the topic is about, don't tell others that it won't be an issue.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me think of this Bill Burr Rant, but with Water instead of Net.

yes I know Internet isn't a "right"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    If it only extends to them charging more sure that's a way of looking at it. Removal of net neutrality does more than just let them charge you more. It allows them to slow down traffic, block sites, and extort companies for what is now normal traffic and will become preferred traffic. Net neutrality protects us from much more than just being charged more for the exact same services.
    I’m ok with this maybe some can finally go away. Most of which don’t care about anyone else so I don’t care about them.

I'm starting to feel like no one has a say in anything anymore...
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.