Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's E!SPN so not sure if it's accurate, but this seems to be the play off needs for each team for Saturday's games:

- - - Updated - - -

THIS IS IT, GAME 4

If Houston wins, they force a game 5 and potentially still win and advance

If Boston wins, they advance instead.

if Houston wins game 4, but loses game 5, I think the Valiant advance? Not sure anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Boston screwed it up at the end or Houston just played too good to get beaten, whichever you choose. Great game though. Now let's see if Boston can still have the heart to win the game 5 and send BOTH these teams home and the Valiant to the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

GG Houston. Great game. From what I've seen, both these teams deserved to be in the playoffs more than the Valiant.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So London takes the first stage championship. Did not see it coming and NY did not look good. Can't tell me they were just faking it to hide strats for stage 2. Cash money was on the line.
    BAD WOLF

Great games between NY/London and Houston/Boston. I wasnt able to watch the stage finals, but the first two games were amazing!

Finally the OWL website updated their rankings to show the map differentials, yay.

Btw, can anyone tell me why stage finals are held after 10 games, so that every team ahs played any other team minus one? Logic? Why not wait another playday?

Now Geguri and 3 others are confirmed for Dragons, also aKm to Fuel, Rascal to Fuel and Fissure to LAG

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to get a bit involved in this, but due to the lack of Swedish teams, I couldn't get very interested.

Found out Florida had many swedes, even a guy from my home town, but was sad to see them ranked 11/12
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I tried to get a bit involved in this, but due to the lack of Swedish teams, I couldn't get very interested.

Found out Florida had many swedes, even a guy from my home town, but was sad to see them ranked 11/12
    There's a total of 10 Swedes in the League, third biggest nationality!
    4 in Mayhem - TviQ, Zebbosai, Manneten and Cwoosh
    2 in Fuel - cocco and chipshajen
    2 in Shock - Nevix and iddqd
    1 in Fusion - Snillo
    1 in Outlaws - Mendokusaii
    Last edited by Amirila; 2018-02-14 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    There's a total of 10 Swedes in the League, third biggest nationality!
    4 in Mayhem - TviQ, Zebbosai, Manneten and Cwoosh
    2 in Fuel - cocco and chipshajen
    2 in Shock - Nevix and iddqd
    1 in Fusion - Snillo
    1 in Outlaws - Mendokusaii
    Yeah, this is true, and Florida is the only majority-swede team.

I just hope they start adding European teams as well. Like Stockholm Something, Paris Something etc etc. So far it's only London afaik.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yeah, this is true, and Florida is the only majority-swede team.

I just hope they start adding European teams as well. Like Stockholm Something, Paris Something etc etc. So far it's only London afaik.
    just call them stockholm syndrome

nvm who am i kidding, too insensitive for this league. might trigger someone off a bridge

Hopefully we will have EU teams in s2, the buy-in is supposedly $60M now

Seems like it. Blizzard might be really pushing it. I'm no marketing expert, but I highly doubt team owners can expect returns before several seasons in already...

Buy in has always been on a case by case basis, only ones who paid 20m at first were the LA teams, other teams paid less, all they way down to 5m.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Buy in has always been on a case by case basis, only ones who paid 20m at first were the LA teams, other teams paid less, all they way down to 5m.
    I would hope so. Since the buy in is basically just a proof of stake (ie proving that the team is in it for real and won't leave mid season for whatever reason), it hardly needs to be at $60M. Our WoW subs mostly paid for all the expenses centered around OWL LUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I would hope so. Since the buy in is basically just a proof of stake (ie proving that the team is in it for real and won't leave mid season for whatever reason), it hardly needs to be at $60M. Our WoW subs mostly paid for all the expenses centered around OWL LUL.
    Really though, the Buy-ins are lifetime, if a team were to play only tournaments they'd have to buy in every time. While less per tournament alone it all adds up.

Really though, the Buy-ins are lifetime, if a team were to play only tournaments they'd have to buy in every time. While less per tournament alone it all adds up.
    I guess they are good for as long as Blizzard decides to run OWL for. That can be 10 years just as 1 year, doesn't seems like a very safe investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I guess they are good for as long as Blizzard decides to run OWL for. That can be 10 years just as 1 year, doesn't seems like a very safe investment.
    You don't make money off "safe" investments. Esports (honestly give it 10-15 years and they could take over for normal sports, specially as more and more comes to light about the dangers of physical sports like football) isn't going anywhere and obviously businesses are interested so, I highly doubt we're looking at it ending soon. Hell first stage blew away blizzards expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now Geguri and 3 others are confirmed for Dragons, also aKm to Fuel, Rascal to Fuel and Fissure to LAG
    The rascal news isn't official, but London are the ones who announced they are pursing the transfer so it's likely. Also a rumor Dallas are pursuing Sowhat from Lunatic Hai. Based on recent tweets and also his stream, Dallas definitely are keeping xQc and he's been having some good streams duoing with Taimou, Effect, etc. While there may have been lots of drama, clearly no bad blood really.
    BAD WOLF

You don't make money off "safe" investments. Esports (honestly give it 10-15 years and they could take over for normal sports, specially as more and more comes to light about the dangers of physical sports like football) isn't going anywhere and obviously businesses are interested so, I highly doubt we're looking at it ending soon. Hell first stage blew away blizzards expectations.
    Yeah, maybe I should have said "wise investment" really. Sure, esports quickly grew from niche tournaments to global phenomenon, but the same line about "give it 5-10-15 years".. I've heard it since what, 2005 maybe. It grew a lot, but I don't think it will phase out traditional sports in my active life time (next 30-40 years) at least, as much as I believe in the idea of esports themselves. The day I see a game played and watched in a regular city pub is the day I will be sure of their adoption. Until then, it stays a niche market, global, but niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The rascal news isn't official, but London are the ones who announced they are pursing the transfer so it's likely. Also a rumor Dallas are pursuing Sowhat from Lunatic Hai. Based on recent tweets and also his stream, Dallas definitely are keeping xQc and he's been having some good streams duoing with Taimou, Effect, etc. While there may have been lots of drama, clearly no bad blood really.
    That geguri stuff is either a blessing or curse. If it turns shanghai around she'll be seen as a hero and females in esports will be more then just a meme. However if they still continue loss after loss it could hurt the whole female in esports image because everyone will be looking at her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    https://twitter.com/hastr0/status/963450859664367622 coming from the team owner, but take it as you want
    Same guy who denied Sowhat, so I doubt he would join. SInce Hastr0 is open about both Rascal and aKm before it was "official"

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/hastr0/status/963450859664367622 coming from the team owner, but take it as you want
    Same guy who denied Sowhat, so I doubt he would join. SInce Hastr0 is open about both Rascal and aKm before it was "official"
    I checked Fuel's, didn't see Mike's yet. I just remember that the day before he tweeted they had not signed Sowhat it caused all that drama when at the end of the day he just wanted wannabe journalists from ESPN's esports div. to chill the eff out on fake news. But yes, he Rascal and aKm are official...rascal just not finalized with the transfer yet.
    BAD WOLF