Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    I don't doubt it is happening, but we still don't have official confirmation yet. However, first female player in the league is a great move. She's a pretty beast Zarya as well, so maybe she can help carry Shanghai to a couple of wins.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I don't doubt it is happening, but we still don't have official confirmation yet. However, first female player in the league is a great move. She's a pretty beast Zarya as well, so maybe she can help carry Shanghai to a couple of wins.
    God damn double Jebait

The glitches in the stream today were pretty hilarious. Hearing Shaq O Neil out of nowhere is pretty topkek. Was also a moment where you could hear very clearly a genji ulting but you see the genji in the game is actually doing nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

Uprising bringing the heat so far. Maybe we get a Boston victory over Philly this week after all...

- - - Updated - - -

Uprising reject the Fusion 4-0. Superbly played by them even on their weakest map, Junkertown. Going to have to watch Spitfire-Outlaws later to see what happens there. Spitfire win would be very good for Uprising.

Glad Dallas got another win, but it was too close for it being Shanghai. I guess I will take what I can get and hope they bring it tomorrow. New York not looking as dominant against Florida as they have, which is also weird. Maybe some teams are starting to step it up. More competition is good for the league.
    BAD WOLF

Glad Dallas got another win, but it was too close for it being Shanghai. I guess I will take what I can get and hope they bring it tomorrow. New York not looking as dominant against Florida as they have, which is also weird. Maybe some teams are starting to step it up. More competition is good for the league.
    While I agree that stiffer competition from each team would be amazing, that's not what happened between Florida and NYXL. More so NYXL not wanting to show their hand on strats they will utilize in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    While I agree that stiffer competition from each team would be amazing, that's not what happened between Florida and NYXL. More so NYXL not wanting to show their hand on strats they will utilize in the playoffs.
    Not sure it was specifically that, but maybe they weren't trying as hard. Idk. Pine didn't look like a god like he had been and they were getting outplayed in some key encounters.
    BAD WOLF

Not sure it was specifically that, but maybe they weren't trying as hard. Idk. Pine didn't look like a god like he had been and they were getting outplayed in some key encounters.
    The shoutcasters were saying that, and it's probably true. Maybe they were experimenting with positioning since they were taking on a weaker team and looking forward to the tougher matches Saturday. The same thing happened when Philly (my team) beat NYXL a couple weeks ago, because they were admittedly looking ahead to Seoul.

Dallas looking good so far. That cringey feel when an announcer mentions Halo and has to correct himself to only mentioning COD since it's run by Activision and clearly they have a mandate not to mention other company games on broadcast.

- - - Updated - - -

Dallas looking incredible actually...back to their preseason form. Mickie is starting to be a very reliable tank and having Taimou on Hog some maps is giving them big strength. Seagull also playing way better on other characters like Pharah than he did earlier matches. I think Stage 2 with xQc for dive maps and no Mercy might actually give them an advantage running the new 3-4 tank setups.
    BAD WOLF

It's E!SPN so not sure if it's accurate, but this seems to be the play off needs for each team for Saturday's games:

- - - Updated - - -

THIS IS IT, GAME 4

If Houston wins, they force a game 5 and potentially still win and advance

If Boston wins, they advance instead.

if Houston wins game 4, but loses game 5, I think the Valiant advance? Not sure anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Boston screwed it up at the end or Houston just played too good to get beaten, whichever you choose. Great game though. Now let's see if Boston can still have the heart to win the game 5 and send BOTH these teams home and the Valiant to the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

GG Houston. Great game. From what I've seen, both these teams deserved to be in the playoffs more than the Valiant.

So London takes the first stage championship. Did not see it coming and NY did not look good. Can't tell me they were just faking it to hide strats for stage 2. Cash money was on the line.
    BAD WOLF

Great games between NY/London and Houston/Boston. I wasnt able to watch the stage finals, but the first two games were amazing!

Finally the OWL website updated their rankings to show the map differentials, yay.

Btw, can anyone tell me why stage finals are held after 10 games, so that every team ahs played any other team minus one? Logic? Why not wait another playday?

Now Geguri and 3 others are confirmed for Dragons, also aKm to Fuel, Rascal to Fuel and Fissure to LAG

I tried to get a bit involved in this, but due to the lack of Swedish teams, I couldn't get very interested.

Found out Florida had many swedes, even a guy from my home town, but was sad to see them ranked 11/12
    • Cataclysm Lover - Legion Hater (Cata>MoP>WotLK>TBC>WoD>Legion)
    • Keep Classic Servers 100% original or no point!
    • Always looking for skilled OW players to push rating!

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I tried to get a bit involved in this, but due to the lack of Swedish teams, I couldn't get very interested.

Found out Florida had many swedes, even a guy from my home town, but was sad to see them ranked 11/12
    There's a total of 10 Swedes in the League, third biggest nationality!
    4 in Mayhem - TviQ, Zebbosai, Manneten and Cwoosh
    2 in Fuel - cocco and chipshajen
    2 in Shock - Nevix and iddqd
    1 in Fusion - Snillo
    1 in Outlaws - Mendokusaii
    Last edited by Amirila; 2018-02-14 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    There's a total of 10 Swedes in the League, third biggest nationality!
    4 in Mayhem - TviQ, Zebbosai, Manneten and Cwoosh
    2 in Fuel - cocco and chipshajen
    2 in Shock - Nevix and iddqd
    1 in Fusion - Snillo
    1 in Outlaws - Mendokusaii
    Yeah, this is true, and Florida is the only majority-swede team.

I just hope they start adding European teams as well. Like Stockholm Something, Paris Something etc etc. So far it's only London afaik.
    • Cataclysm Lover - Legion Hater (Cata>MoP>WotLK>TBC>WoD>Legion)
    • Keep Classic Servers 100% original or no point!
    • Always looking for skilled OW players to push rating!

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yeah, this is true, and Florida is the only majority-swede team.

I just hope they start adding European teams as well. Like Stockholm Something, Paris Something etc etc. So far it's only London afaik.
    just call them stockholm syndrome

nvm who am i kidding, too insensitive for this league. might trigger someone off a bridge

Hopefully we will have EU teams in s2, the buy-in is supposedly $60M now

Seems like it. Blizzard might be really pushing it. I'm no marketing expert, but I highly doubt team owners can expect returns before several seasons in already...

Herald of the Titans
    Buy in has always been on a case by case basis, only ones who paid 20m at first were the LA teams, other teams paid less, all they way down to 5m.