Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Washington Post has an interview with XQC and they at least know what questions to ask.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.51da74e1c939
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Pretty sure xQc is moving, possibly back to Canada. He's 100% full time streamer and even though SF would work him out and he has friends there, no one will want to deal with drama due to costs for this first season. He's received multiple $1K plus donations in the 2 days since the announcement. I don't think he'll have issues. Won't make money like Ninja, but he's making money.
    Ninja/Shroud/Etc. is very few and far between. But having over 8k subs, ignoring donations even, he's making more each month than a lot of americans make in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Washington Post has an interview with XQC and they at least know what questions to ask.

Not a fan of gaming articles in general, but this one was good. Wish there were more like those (instead of the easy "moar money, psychic crisis alert, dangerous for health").
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

I'm glad they also disclose the connection between Twitch and their paper, but you are absolutely correct. They are the first news outlet I've seen ask questions that matter and not jump over themselves to paint everything in the most negative light possible, without shying away from the reality that these things are offensive. On the whole, I hope more people see this because it is a much more balanced reporting than anything we've seen relating to xQc or OWL at all.

WaPo tends to have some pretty savvy reporters, so this is great to see tbh.
    BAD WOLF

I'm glad they also disclose the connection between Twitch and their paper, but you are absolutely correct. They are the first news outlet I've seen ask questions that matter and not jump over themselves to paint everything in the most negative light possible, without shying away from the reality that these things are offensive. On the whole, I hope more people see this because it is a much more balanced reporting than anything we've seen relating to xQc or OWL at all.

WaPo tends to have some pretty savvy reporters, so this is great to see tbh.
    Unlike most other news they didn't basically call him racist which is nice.The "xQc repeatedly used an emote in a racially disparaging manner on the league’s stream and on social media" by most media without looking into it was quite annoying, because A) he didn't use it in a "racially disparaging manner" to begin with, unfortunately it was just construed that way, and B) it wasn't repeatedly, other people were spamming it he wasn't. But all people see when they read it is "dis guy racist! ARRRRRR"

Like... here's the emote:

Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-03-14 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Unlike most other news they didn't basically call him racist which is nice.
    Yeah, it was sad to see how many 'legitimate' news sites were tripping over themselves to have clickbait, SJW titles saying he was a 'fag hating racist' at every moment.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah, it was sad to see how many 'legitimate' news sites were tripping over themselves to have clickbait, SJW titles saying he was a 'fag hating racist' at every moment.
    Yea, and it's not even about liking/not liking the guy. People see this shit and now EVERY gamer is racist, its just the way it works with the uneducated masses of people who still see gamers as sweaty basement dwellers.

10+ Year Old Account
    man i have a feeling it is going to be a painful week for dallas

not that i care but in the current political climate of OWL i am pretty sure this is going to be another tragedy for them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    man i have a feeling it is going to be a painful week for dallas

not that i care but in the current political climate of OWL i am pretty sure this is going to be another tragedy for them
    Omg, rofl. Looks like Effect wants out. Don't blame him, but yeah...how can you not address this?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg, rofl. Looks like Effect wants out. Don't blame him, but yeah...how can you not address this?
    can anyone blame him? he is the best player on his team and has had to put up with all this shit, houston could pick him up easy

edit: nvm they already got one lol

- - - Updated - - -

Taimou asking Fissure for tips lol

Fissure: idk why akm play genji idk why akm play sombra where rascal
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2018-03-15 at 10:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    can anyone blame him? he is the best player on his team and has had to put up with all this shit, houston could pick him up easy

edit: nvm they already got one lol
    Oh I definitely don't blame him, but I also have no interest in their team anymore. Mickie and Chips are the last non douchebaggy, decent players left and I didn't know shit about them before this started. In any case, he's been under performing a shit ton so I can't say he's the best player on the team. On any given night it's him, or aKm, sometimes Mickie's tank play...but without xQc they don't have a rounded package to make any of their efforts worthwhile. Taimou is a plat level tank, gonna just be honest. He's bad.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    this hybrid map been going pretty well for dragons... gotta say i am tired of skillva skill matrix tho

Oh I definitely don't blame him, but I also have no interest in their team anymore. Mickie and Chips are the last non douchebaggy, decent players left and I didn't know shit about them before this started. In any case, he's been under performing a shit ton so I can't say he's the best player on the team. On any given night it's him, or aKm, sometimes Mickie's tank play...but without xQc they don't have a rounded package to make any of their efforts worthwhile. Taimou is a plat level tank, gonna just be honest. He's bad.
    i mean how many times has the dude brought them back into the game? xqc even said it himself, you think you are trying hard but EFFECT goes further. when people on his team were disappointed about soon sneaking the cart during their debut, he was angry and wanted to cry over it.

and if i am being honest, i think that is a level of frustration most players do not experience when they make a big mistake. he puts a lot on himself and takes a lot of responsibility for losses and that's why i like him.

- - - Updated - - -

mayhem off to a good start tonight... is it just me or did no one else realize mayhem had logix until recently?

Mayhem beats Valiant 3-1, Houston loses to Gladiators - is it upside down Friday?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Mayhem beats Valiant 3-1, Houston loses to Gladiators - is it upside down Friday?
    I mean as far as stage 2 this is looking like the norm. Mayhem is stepping it up every week finally starting to play as a team. After Gladiators took down both the Valiant and the Spitfire last week, I was actually surprised their game with Houston was so close. Especially after Houston had to reverse sweep the Mayhem in order to win last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've tried to not bring over drama from rcOW or owTMZ but the most recent stuff about Blizzard actually forcing Sinatraa to take down a birthday tweet because it used the Pepe image is crossing the line into hardcore censorship. I'm not even sure they would have the right to action him considering the nature of the tweet and the player hasn't even played for the league yet, but actioning and forcing a take down are completely different things.

If Blizzard doesn't get a new commissioner or wtf ever that guy is, this thing will burn in flames. You just cannot treat young people like that. This isn't North Korea. They need to get them a dedicated team of player relations staff who actually relate to the players and teach them why these things aren't ok for their brand or Blizzard's brand. You can't just start slapping around ban hammers, fine hammers, and real hammers if you're dpei.

Edit: But since I did bring it up, here's an excellent article on this whole xQc stuff. Just further enhances how fucking off the reservation Blizzard are with OWL management.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2018-03-20 at 12:21 AM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    lul apparently the guy on inven has more proof of OGE boosting

i can't help but laugh at how Dallas let the league fuck them the way that they did instead of just standing up for xQc.

10+ Year Old Account
    lul apparently the guy on inven has more proof of OGE boosting

i can't help but laugh at how Dallas let the league fuck them the way that they did instead of just standing up for xQc.
    Pretty much. All their players with the exception of Mickie have basically alluded to or directly mentioned how much they are not happy about their situation, how they are playing, when they are playing...like everything is bad.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. All their players with the exception of Mickie have basically alluded to or directly mentioned how much they are not happy about their situation, how they are playing, when they are playing...like everything is bad.
    its bad because it seems like i want them to fail but i dont but its like fuck the organization lol

- - - Updated - - -

apparently undead is not going to be returning to SHD... well at least dallas has someone to fight for the title of worst team in the league

10+ Year Old Account
    Really excited for the final two matches of the Stage for Philly: Gladiators and Valiant. Would be awesome to end at 13-7.